It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

cycling with your Husky

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

cycling with your Husky - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cycling with your Husky   cycling with your Husky - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 6:31 pm

TwisterII wrote:
Thank you. I may get one of these. Kenzi is between 3 and 4 years so I think she's done growing, but if I don't get exercising her better she may grow wider. I want her to be comfortable and it seems the harness we have now no matter how tight we make it on her it just wants to twist down her shoulder. I think it bugs me more than it bugs her though.
I would get one for her. (urban trail from Alpine). We love ours, but definitely spend the money and the wait for the custom one, because it will fit her a lot better than the adjustable. I also agree when using your walky dog (not everyone does it) but to put a separate leash attached to their collar to hold while biking. I just do it so if it ever breaks, that I have that other security. I have read reviews of those breaking, so its always nice just in case.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

cycling with your Husky - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: cycling with your Husky   cycling with your Husky - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 8:07 pm

I did a little experiment and tied Kenzi to my bike after work just to see how she reacted to being near the bike while it moved and now I'm more excited than ever to get the walky. We ran around the house a few times without any issues but it will be way better once we aren't worried about tangled lines under her or in the bike. I think she is going to take to it great. Will do on the custom. This is something I want to start doing with her a lot so it will be worth it.

cycling with your Husky

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5