It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 9:51 pm

So I ordered just a collar, leash, and an x-back harness. Unfortunately, I think the harness is too small and he's such a sasquach :/
Oh well lol. I'll let you guys be the judge since I could barely figure out how to put it on him lol! 
Here are some pictures:

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 MrhNJ3h

Side

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 P0XZ97Z

Front

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 3XFxpTr

And the lazy turd who laid down after about 10 seconds of posing.

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 Gbv32Me

And this is the collar and leash

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 FA5QB6L
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 10:34 pm

The collar and leash look great! as for the harness unfortunately I'd have to agree too small Sad you want it to end at the base of his tail when pulling and it seems a couple inches too short IMO. Although others may think differently?
Back to top Go down
KembasWalker
Puppy
Puppy
KembasWalker

Male Join date : 2013-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 11:02 pm

So is there anyplace around here where u don't have measure and send it in to get a xback? Not that I'm against alpine I'm just against letting myself measure again if I have to.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 11:12 pm

KembasWalker wrote:
So is there anyplace around here where u don't have measure and send it in to get a xback? Not that I'm against alpine I'm just against letting myself measure again if I have to.
Hughie posted on another thread that "A-1 (AKA LDL) pet supply has them on a rack and you can try them on for a correct fit. They only have Ultra-paws and Ikon harness they are all about thirty dollars plus tax." Not sure what store that is.. and if we have it in Ohio.. I'm guessing we don't but if you need help measuring I'm more than happy to help you measure.
Back to top Go down
KembasWalker
Puppy
Puppy
KembasWalker

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 11:19 pm

You haven't shot down this xback harness possibilities yet Cool jk I'm not sure it's bad if it is I'm guessing its a little short. I was just wondering my paracord to measuring tape system my have some flaws. I thought it was pretty ingenious that's prolly where it went wrong Cool
Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

Male Join date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 5:50 pm

My measuring skills need some improvement. It is  a little big, unless it is suppose to fit lose when not pulling something... Nanook is less then thrilled with it LOL

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 Sam_8213

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 Sam_8214
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 9:59 pm

Mine came in today! I'll have to post pictures when I get home.

Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 10:02 pm

Mobezilla wrote:
The collar and leash look great! as for the harness unfortunately I'd have to agree too small :(you want it to end at the base of his tail when pulling and it seems a couple inches too short IMO. Although others may think differently?
Thanks for the input! I definitely think it's too short. It fits fine as far as how snug it should be just short as far as length. Oh well. Lol, at least I got a fitting collar and leash!
Back to top Go down
KembasWalker
Puppy
Puppy
KembasWalker

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 10:22 pm

Well don't feel bad I think I did the same thing. Atleast it wasn't special made, full price, and make u wait two months for it to be built and sent to you to then find it out. Gotta see the positives or atleast be able to laugh at your measuring skills right?
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 11:07 pm

KembasWalker wrote:
Well don't feel bad I think I did the same thing. Atleast it wasn't special made, full price, and make u wait two months for it to be built and sent to you to then find it out. Gotta see the positives or atleast be able to laugh at your measuring skills right?
Haha, definitely! I'm not upset at all about it. Lol, just gotta make sure to measure better next time!
Back to top Go down
KembasWalker
Puppy
Puppy
KembasWalker

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 11:12 pm

You're braver than I am. Next time I'm goin to get someone else to measure mine. There comes a time and place where you have to find out if your the brains or the one holding a spoon of peanut butter. Cool
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 11:18 pm

hahaha very true!! bring the harness to the meet if you come so I can get a feel for it.
Back to top Go down
KembasWalker
Puppy
Puppy
KembasWalker

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 11:26 pm

Ok dunno if I should ask questions about the meetup thing on this page but you can answer one question and tell me to go elsewhere if you want. You said 1 Sunday at waynesville dog park right? ( you mentioned maybe earlier I thought)
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 11:37 pm

KembasWalker wrote:
Ok dunno if I should ask questions about the meetup thing on this page but you can answer one question and tell me to go elsewhere if you want. You said 1 Sunday at waynesville dog park right? ( you mentioned maybe earlier I thought)
Yup 1pm day after tomorrow, Waynesville dog park. This should help

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Hisey+Park&ll=39.507749,-84.142914&spn=0.315214,0.676346&fb=1&gl=us&hq=hisey+park&cid=0,0,410613031233142314&t=m&z=11&iwloc=A
Back to top Go down
KembasWalker
Puppy
Puppy
KembasWalker

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 11:49 pm

Alright hopefully the weather is alright doesn't quite sound like good human weather. I'm sure the dogs won't mind a bit at all. I'll probably post somewhere on here if I can't find you guys. But as far as I know I'm good for it.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 11:59 pm

Trailtoad1 wrote:
My measuring skills need some improvement. It is  a little big, unless it is suppose to fit lose when not pulling something... Nanook is less then thrilled with it LOL

I think it is just a little too long but he could grow into it if he grows more. It should be loose when they're not pulling and snug to the body when they pull. This is what Kay's looks like when she's not pulling and pulling.

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 2ryg0p0

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 M746es
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 1:11 am

KembasWalker wrote:
You're braver than I am. Next time I'm goin to get someone else to measure mine. There comes a time and place where you have to find out if your the brains or the one holding a spoon of peanut butter. Cool
Lol, I'm willing to give it another try before being the one with the peanut butter!
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 11:51 am

Bought 2 of the urban trails for the Aussies Smile can't wait to get them!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 3:58 pm

MayaAndSophie wrote:

Trailtoad1 wrote:

I think it is just a little too long but he could grow into it if he grows more. It should be loose when they're not pulling and snug to the body when they pull. This is what Kay's looks like when she's not pulling and pulling.

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 2ryg0p0

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 M746es
I bought one of the x back harnesses and mine was too short. She told me that when pulled the harness should reach the base of the tail. So I personally don't think it is that big
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 6:54 pm

Anya's harness came in today! I'm not sure if it fits her right. It seems perfectly tight around the neck, but really lose in the rib cage area. I'm expecting her to fill out there since she is still such a skinny minnie. What do you guys think?

Not pulling:
Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 11016568315_8e592ab6a3_o

Pulling:
Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 11016568875_e128de0e3e_o
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 7:00 pm

To me it looks like it fits. Is it loose when she pulls or just when she isn't pulling?
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:16 pm

anastasiya'smom wrote:
To me it looks like it fits. Is it loose when she pulls or just when she isn't pulling?
Its still slightly loose when she's pulling, definitely looser than it fits Kay but it might be because Kay is so fluffy. I guess its good that its a little loose because that means she has room to grow but its tight enough that I can harness break her without worrying that she can easily back out of it.

By the way... I kind of wish I didn't loose leash train her because now its hard to get her to pull! Every time I say "good girl" when she starts pulling she slows down and looks at me confused Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 1625187496 
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:28 pm

eddycaaa wrote:

anastasiya'smom wrote:
Its still slightly loose when she's pulling, definitely looser than it fits Kay but it might be because Kay is so fluffy. I guess its good that its a little loose because that means she has room to grow but its tight enough that I can harness break her without worrying that she can easily back out of it.

By the way... I kind of wish I didn't loose leash train her because now its hard to get her to pull! Every time I say "good girl" when she starts pulling she slows down and looks at me confused Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 1625187496 
Haha. Anna doesn't know what loose leash walking means. I am just now teaching her that but she has caught on well. I also taught her to mush so she knows when I say that I mean pull.

Anya is still young she might fill out a bit more, Anna is also very slender but she is a 1 year and 8 months old. I will try and post pictures later of Anna so you can see how her's fits.
Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

Male Join date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:39 pm

I loose leashed trained Nanook but when he hit..oh...8 months old he decided that just wasn't for him and wants to pull anyone and anything he can :-(
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:47 pm

Trailtoad1 wrote:
I loose leashed trained Nanook but when he hit..oh...8 months old he decided that just wasn't for him and wants to pull anyone and anything he can :-(
Haha. Anna is stubborn like this, she is 37 lbs and can pull me, 110 lbs, around. She just doesn't care whether she gets food or not. But now that we have continued to do it every night she is much better. She will even walk beside me and give me the happy-go-lucky look, like she knows she is doing good. I started out by making her heel the whole run. I am currently looking for behavioral classes so we can work on it some more, I think she will enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next