It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
KembasWalker
Puppy
Puppy
KembasWalker

Male Join date : 2013-11-11

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 2:18 pm

I couldn't get my shipping tracker to work. Oh well I've started getting a cough and fever yesterday so I don't need to be tempted to use it anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 2:22 pm

KembasWalker wrote:
I couldn't get my shipping tracker to work. Oh well I've started getting a cough and fever yesterday so I don't need to be tempted to use it anyway.
sometimes numbers don't work right away, I've ordered so much of my dog stuff over the internet and have had so many tracking numbers not work right away xD If the company hasn't put it in their system yet (USPS with alpine) then it won't show, you know alpine has dropped it off at least and a tracking number was made so USPS has it, they just haven't gotten around to putting the records into their system. I'd say check it tomorrow or the day after. Mine shipped out Friday night and should arrive today, eep!
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 2:33 pm

Oh man I need to measure Mishka to see if any of the x-backs will fit him. Ugh. I know he won't stay still for me though. Sad

anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 3:06 pm

I made Anna lay down, it was the only way I would have been able to do it. Because she is scared of the measuring tape and will bark at it. She is a weirdo.
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 3:11 pm

I had my mom hold her collar and then a spoon of peanut butter where she could just barely reach it to lick it. Then I measured. It took a while, but was manageable!
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 3:58 pm

I'll have to see if I can get the hubby to hold him. He's been at the same size for the last few months and will be a year in January, so I'm assuming he's not going to grow much more.

Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 4:37 pm

My pups stand pretty still for me to measure them, but they're kinda used to me measuring a lot for various dog gear. I honestly positioned them and used the commands 'hold' and rewarded them. So that way when I need to measure for something I just say 'hold' and they get into a stacked position and stay for me.
Back to top Go down
KembasWalker
Puppy
Puppy
KembasWalker

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 6:28 pm

I'm not worried about when it comes in I just hope it comes for before the meet up (ohio) so if it don't work I can get it to someone with a use of it. I think you need to work on my dog if yours can do that. Mine straight up backflops on the ground of I try to measure him.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 9:12 pm

KembasWalker wrote:
I'm not worried about when it comes in I just hope it comes for before the meet up (ohio) so if it don't work I can get it to someone with a use of it. I think you need to work on my dog if yours can do that. Mine straight up backflops on the ground of I try to measure him.
Link did that tonight when we tried to get pictures of him in the harness Razz flopped down right like a fish and refused to get up lmao!
Back to top Go down
KembasWalker
Puppy
Puppy
KembasWalker

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 9:30 pm

Kemba does back flops and nose dives where he just noses straight down to the ground. Especially in my front yard after a run my neighbors just laugh at him.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 1:08 am

My stuff came inn~~ and of course I work tomorrow so I can't try it out but will def take them on a bike ride Wednesday Very Happy
Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 Z352_zps59facf18
Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 Z353_zpsec0d682e
Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 Z354_zps63cd2f3e
Back to top Go down
Hughie
Adult
Adult
Hughie

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 9:17 am

katiesham wrote:
I had my mom hold her collar and then a spoon of peanut butter where she could just barely reach it to lick it. Then I measured. It took a while, but was manageable!
That is such a good idea:!:  I wish I had thought of it.
Back to top Go down
KembasWalker
Puppy
Puppy
KembasWalker

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 6:15 pm

Got my xback in today. Right before work so I didn't get to do much with it. I slipped it over his head because it looked awful small in the neck hole area it fit will test it out tmrw and upload pics to get your thoughts on the fit. Since I've been coughing and running a fever I didn't want to put it all the way and tease my dog like he was goin to be able to run.
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 7:14 pm

I couldn't pass this deal up. I ordered the scooter noodle, a collar and the purple reflective x-back. I'm hoping that Anya won't grow much more but if she does, I can just give the harness to a friend that has an Alaskan Husky that it will probably fit so I can just give it to her. Thank you for posting this Megan!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 7:19 pm

Ben it sounds fine to me, you want it snug. I was also worried with Link but if its too long and too loose it won't fit properly and it'll hug on their hips and not enable them to pull properly. Definitely posts some side, top, and front pics of it and we can tell you what we think Very Happy

Erica, no worries! You'll love the scooter noodle by the way! Loving mine Very Happy and Yuki hasn't grown since 7 months so there's a chance it will fit her for quite a while.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 7:47 pm

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 Z353_zpsec0d682e

"Haha, you're gonna love this little girl.  It's what I live for."

"But I really wanna just be on the sofa, and why are you ALWAYS smiling?"

I couldn't resist.

jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 7:50 pm

seattlesibe wrote:
"Haha, you're gonna love this little girl.  It's what I live for."

"But I really wanna just be on the sofa, and why are you ALWAYS smiling?"

I couldn't resist.

jocolor
Oh gosh, literally LOL'd. He is always smiling.. Yuki's always.. not!~
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 7:54 pm

yup Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
KembasWalker
Puppy
Puppy
KembasWalker

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 11:28 pm

I got it out of the box looked at the head hole and thought I hope that's a tail hole Cool. I questioned putting it on my fat headed ( I can call him that since he's mine Cool ) dog cause I was afraid of it never coming off. It's crazy how much fur expands the size of the body
Back to top Go down
KembasWalker
Puppy
Puppy
KembasWalker

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 2:21 pm

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 Image-4
Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 Image-5
Here is pictures of Kemba in the xback. First experience with xback I can see how it creates more power. Let me know what u think about the fit. Still haven't got to try it barely got him out for a run in a regular harness figured he didn't need anymore power til I'm recovered from my cough.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 2:38 pm

Better pics would help to determine fit. Like keep his head up for the top down shot, right now it looks a bit short but his head down could be why. And for the side shot take a wider angle shot so we can see the whole harness and body. Wink 

Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 2:54 pm

If you come sunday, bring the harness with you and I'll ask Abby to take better pictures of him wearing it so everyone can judge from those. It's hard taking pictures by yourself - I know lol!
Back to top Go down
KembasWalker
Puppy
Puppy
KembasWalker

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 3:10 pm

I think it fits pretty well. Not that I'm an expert but looked like the rest of the ones online that I saw. But I will bring it as long as I can make it and don't forget it. Finally getting over being sick. I saw the high for Sunday was like 30 degrees the other day brrr.
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 7:03 pm

My stuff just came in today! bounce 

I'll post up pictures later on tonight. Hopefully I measure Lycus well enough for the X-back lol.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 7:03 pm

Rocio_Caballero wrote:
My stuff just came in today! bounce 

I'll post up pictures later on tonight. Hopefully I measure Lycus well enough for the X-back lol.
Huzzah Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next