It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
KembasWalker
Puppy
Puppy
KembasWalker

Male Join date : 2013-11-11

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 7:18 pm

That's about what I got for mine. Remember the second measurement in their post is breastbone to last rib and last rib to tail added together. Goodluck they take a while to email back I sent them a email yesterday and got no answer yet.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 7:59 pm

Ericobeasto wrote:
Ok i measured koda for a xback. Not sure if i did it right the sizes in the garage sale part dont seem to be close.. I got his neck as 22, from his breast bone to his last rib, 19, and then back rib to tail is 13.. Do these sound right or did i measure wrong?
That seems a little big to me for the rib to tail part. Remember not to measure loosely - a harness too long will go past the tail and hug on the hips. Link was 24 inches for the neck, 17 inches from the chest to the last rib, and 10 inches from the last rib to the tail. So looking at the harness measurements, I should be looking for 24 x 27 LR 17. For Koda, assuming that measurements are correct (we know huskies come in all shapes and sizes lol) you'd be reading for 22 x 32 LR 19. *Edit* The harness "Red 22 x 31 LR 20 $10.00" might fit him? and if he's a little smaller than you originally measured, "Blue reflective tape, 20 x 28 LR 17 $12.00" might work.

KembasWalker wrote:
That's about what I got for mine. Remember the second measurement in their post is breastbone to last rib and last rib to tail added together. Goodluck they take a while to email back I sent them a email yesterday and got no answer yet.
That's odd, they emailed me back right away! Maybe send them another just in case tomorrow if they still don't respond?
Back to top Go down
KembasWalker
Puppy
Puppy
KembasWalker

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 8:20 pm

Yeah that's hat I was goin to do I sent it at like 8ish last night so I'll email them again tonight. Maybe the weekend has something to do with it
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 11:39 pm

I just ordered a couple things. Thanks for sharing Megan!

Claire was actually the one helping as well but it did take her a bit over a day to reply.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 12:12 am

Rocio_Caballero wrote:
I just ordered a couple things. Thanks for sharing Megan!

Claire was actually the one helping as well but it did take her a bit over a day to reply.
Woot woot! yeah Claire got my tracking order to me today - my line and noodle should arrive day after tomorrow!! Excited!
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 1:14 am

Thanks for sharing Megan, my stuff will be shipped on Monday! I am so excited. Hahah.
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 1:17 am

anastasiya'smom wrote:
Thanks for sharing Megan, my stuff will be shipped on Monday! I am so excited. Hahah.
Mine too!

Eeeeeek!!!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 1:20 am

Rocio_Caballero wrote:

anastasiya'smom wrote:
Mine too!

Eeeeeek!!!
Ah I'm excited for all of us! You should all post on this thread too with what you've ordered - I'd love to see all your steals!
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 1:24 am

I got one of the red X back harnesses and two D-ring collars:) Anna has eaten 3 collars and 1 harness in like 3 weeks, so I definitely need the extra collars. Hahah
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 1:31 am

Mobezilla wrote:
Ah I'm excited for all of us! You should all post on this thread too with what you've ordered - I'd love to see all your steals!
Definitely!
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 8:53 am

What is the 3rd number they are reading for the xback harness then?
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 11:06 am

Ericobeasto wrote:
What is the 3rd number they are reading for the xback harness then?
In my first post I showed what each number represents, but the 3rd is JUST breastbone to last rib. 2nd is breastbone to base of tail.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 2:11 pm

Sorry didnt see your first post
Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

Male Join date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 2:22 pm

Does these measurements sounds about right?? 24x28x17
I feel like I just wasn't doing it right.
I guess if it ends up being a little big he can grow more..he is only 10.5 months LOL
I just sent an email for the 24x29 LR18
Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

Male Join date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 3:14 pm

My order is shipping tomorrow. Should be here for our trip to the cabin, now we need it to snow LOL
It is purple...not a big fan of purple but for $10! woot
Back to top Go down
KembasWalker
Puppy
Puppy
KembasWalker

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 4:44 pm

Yay just heard back from them I am getting the xback. Now we will see how good my measuring skills are.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 8:18 pm

Ericobeasto wrote:
Sorry didnt see your first post
No worries!! It was more detailed in my first post, and I edited it in later, so thats why I thought I'd share with you that thats where it was!!
Trailtoad1 wrote:
Does these measurements sounds about right?? 24x28x17
I feel like I just wasn't doing it right.
I guess if it ends up being a little big he can grow more..he is only 10.5 months LOL
I just sent an email for the 24x29 LR18
Trailtoad1 wrote:
My order is shipping tomorrow. Should be here for our trip to the cabin, now we need it to snow LOL
It is purple...not a big fan of purple but for $10! woot
Link is 22 months, 52 pounds, and his measurement was 24 x 27 LR 17. Since Link is a bit shorter than most too, for your guy at 10 months that sounds right. I think a 24x20x18 would work great for him! and I LOVE purple - he will look fabulous! post pics when it arrives!

KembasWalker wrote:
Yay just heard back from them I am getting the xback. Now we will see how good my measuring skills are.
Congrats! You also post pics when it arrives! I wanna see more pics of your gorgeous baby!
Back to top Go down
KembasWalker
Puppy
Puppy
KembasWalker

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 8:43 pm

Ahhh gotta figure out how to do that again. Cool I did find the way of updating my profile it has a face shot of him. Everything ok by ur neck of the woods? We had our tornado sirens, rain, and wind all goin crazy. Nothing serious by my house atleast.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 8:49 pm

KembasWalker wrote:
Ahhh gotta figure out how to do that again. 8)I did find the way of updating my profile it has a face shot of him. Everything ok by ur neck of the woods? We had our tornado sirens, rain, and wind all goin crazy. Nothing serious by my house atleast.
I saw the face shot, very beautiful! I'm in Dayton and Abby's in Centerville, we had a tornado warning but everything has died down it seems, we're currently on a Severe Thunderstorm Warning. Be safe tonight! We're snuggled in nice and cozy Smile
Back to top Go down
KembasWalker
Puppy
Puppy
KembasWalker

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 8:57 pm

Dayton is close enough too you had all the weather too. I work up past Dayton in huber heights. They gave my tv it's football back so that's a step forward. I'm trying to find pics I have of him to put on here that are appropriate. My dog has a complex or something I don't know what causes it. I keep saying I'm going to create play dog magazine because my dog is always laying on his belly legs spread straight up. He's a special little guy Cool
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 9:31 pm

KembasWalker wrote:
Dayton is close enough too you had all the weather too. I work up past Dayton in huber heights. They gave my tv it's football back so that's a step forward. I'm trying to find pics I have of him to put on here that are appropriate. My dog has a complex or something I don't know what causes it. I keep saying I'm going to create play dog magazine because my dog is always laying on his belly legs spread straight up. He's a special little guy Cool
Yeah I know you aren't far away, doesn't seem like where I live specifically got it too bad though. Was at work most the day but luckily a manager gave me a ride home, wouldn't have wanted to walk in it!
As for the 'husky sleeping position'.. well.. we know that all too well here!
Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 Z1_zps7caaafc8
Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 Z2_zps2df20c28
Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 Z3_zpse8ee8605
Back to top Go down
KembasWalker
Puppy
Puppy
KembasWalker

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 17, 2013 10:16 pm

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 Image-1
Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 Image-2
There's a first week home and a recent picture.
Yeah my neighborhood was alright too luckily I was off.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 12:22 pm

KembasWalker wrote:
Yeah my neighborhood was alright too luckily I was off.
Awh he's a cutie pie! A few people seem to have damaged fences but for the most part looks like we're all alright.
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 12:30 pm

I got the Dark Green Urban Trail Harness!

She said it would be a great fit for Pippa, so I'm just hoping she's right haha.

I'm adding D-rings to each side, so I'm not sure when it'll ship, but I'm excited to get it!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 12:33 pm

katiesham wrote:
I got the Dark Green Urban Trail Harness!

She said it would be a great fit for Pippa, so I'm just hoping she's right haha.

I'm adding D-rings to each side, so I'm not sure when it'll ship, but I'm excited to get it!

Woot woot woot!! Expect fast service Wink My package should arrive today although its currently being held hostage by the post office until its delivered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next