It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 10:03 pm

MayaAndSophie wrote:

Trailtoad1 wrote:
My measuring skills need some improvement. It is  a little big, unless it is suppose to fit lose when not pulling something... Nanook is less then thrilled with it LOL

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 5 Sam_8213

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 5 Sam_8214
I think it is just a little too long but he could grow into it if he grows more. It should be loose when they're not pulling and snug to the body when they pull. This is what Kay's looks like when she's not pulling and pulling.

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 5 2ryg0p0

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 5 M746es
I think Nanook's is too long personally. You want the sides bottom pieces of fabric to be against his ribs, not the soft part after his ribs end. It seems to me when you pull it, its going to be pulling on that soft part behind his ribs and digging in, which you don't want. Kay's looks perfect, loose when not pulling, base of tail when pulling.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 10:05 pm

arooroomom wrote:
Bought 2 of the urban trails for the Aussies :)can't wait to get them!
Yay!!! Pics please??

eddycaaa wrote:
Anya's harness came in today! I'm not sure if it fits her right. It seems perfectly tight around the neck, but really lose in the rib cage area. I'm expecting her to fill out there since she is still such a skinny minnie. What do you guys think?
Personally I think judging from the pictures it fits fine, looks a lot like Kay's Very Happy
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 10:53 pm

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 5 WPlu91w
Excuse Sahara, she wanted to play. Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 5 IzMW9pL
I am not sure if Nanook's is past his ribs or not. I agree it does sort of look like it is past his rib and will dig in. Anna's is on her ribs thankfully, I got the measuring right the second try.
Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

Male Join date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 4:11 pm

I think it is a little long as well. Hopefully being a week shy of 11 months old he still has a little growing to do. If not....heck I only wasted $10 :-) and I am a little more skilled in what to look for ....lesson learned :-)
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 2:14 am

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 5 Harness1

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 5 Harness2

Seriously struggling with the whole picture posting idea. Too much time doing computer related things today, guys.

I'll try to post better/larger ones later, but that should give you a good idea of what it looks like! I got D-rings added to both sides and it's the adjustable one. I'm really, really happy with it. My parents bought it for me for Christmas, so now it goes under the tree (covered in husky hair). Hate that I have to wait to get it, but really excited to really use it!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 2:40 am

katiesham wrote:
Seriously struggling with the whole picture posting idea. Too much time doing computer related things today, guys.

I'll try to post better/larger ones later, but that should give you a good idea of what it looks like! I got D-rings added to both sides and it's the adjustable one. I'm really, really happy with it. My parents bought it for me for Christmas, so now it goes under the tree (covered in husky hair). Hate that I have to wait to get it, but really excited to really use it!
Woo-hoo! What a bargain! Dang that you have to wait, I'd be impatient!! But glad it fits, Pippa looks sharp in it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 4:10 am

Mobezilla wrote:
My stuff came inn~~ and of course I work tomorrow so I can't try it out but will def take them on a bike ride Wednesday Very Happy
Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 5 Z352_zps59facf18
Megan,  I got my noodle in a few days ago.  I don't understand the instructions though.  Ugh lol.  It came with this white string stuffed through a gray square piece.  o.o

Do I have to have a single gangline?  I only have my x-back and an 18 inch bungee.

Edit: Just checked, I need a line. Dagnabit. Now I'll have to buy it and pay for shipping again. lol
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 10:54 am

So I tried measuring Mishka and this just confuses me.

He has a 21" neck, 20" LR, and like a 10" measurement from his last rib to his tail base...

None of that seems right. Lol.

GingerDog
Puppy
Puppy
GingerDog

Female Join date : 2013-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 2:26 pm

I just measured mt dogs, fingers crossed that I got it right. I re measured probably five times, the girls were so done with me! But can't beat $20 for a custom harness!
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 4:08 pm

simplify wrote:
So I tried measuring Mishka and this just confuses me.

He has a 21" neck, 20" LR, and like a 10" measurement from his last rib to his tail base...

None of that seems right. Lol.
Here's Juneau's measurements:

48-50 lbs
Female Siberian Husky
Neck: 22
Last Rib: 18
Length: 11

She's also 21 inches tall at the shoulders. Did you measure it according to their website? I had to measure 3 times to make sure it was right lol. I think you only measure 1/2 of the neck and then double it.

I looked on youtube for a video. The confusing part for me was the last rib measurement. I didn't exactly know where to measure her from the chest. And it took me a while to find her rib. lol
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 4:22 pm

Just got a harness in for Sophie, it fits pretty good doesn't look like it does in the pictures but i took her out on a run and saw how it fit.

Her measurements are neck 18, length 9, last rib 17. She's 40lbs also 24 inches tall but only 22 inches long.

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 5 29g0jk6

When i took her out for a run.

Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 7:42 pm

VintageJeans wrote:
Megan,  I got my noodle in a few days ago.  I don't understand the instructions though.  Ugh lol.  It came with this white string stuffed through a gray square piece.  o.o

Do I have to have a single gangline?  I only have my x-back and an 18 inch bungee.

Edit: Just checked, I need a line.  Dagnabit.  Now I'll have to buy it and pay for shipping again.  lol

Lol ask Abby, it took me 20 minutes to assemble it. I'm bad at instructions though. You can always make your own line with some polyethylene rope and a bungee Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5