It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* Empty
PostSubject: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 3:22 pm

Alpine Outfitters is having a garage sale. X-back harnesses that didn't fit, semi-slips and leads they have way too many of, tons of stuff to check out! I ordered a 2-dog line from the regular store and a first gen scooter noodle from the garage sale. Just mail orders@alpineoutfitters.com for more info or to make an order!

Alpine Outfitters Annual Garage Sale!
First come, first served. GREAT prices! Stock up for the season and $AVE!
E-mail a list of the items you would like to: orders@alpineoutfitters.net along with your billing and shipping address. We will contact you for payment information and to let you know the shipping fee.

Collars – All 1” Width $2.50 each
Blue Full Circle D-ring: 30 available
Blue Limited Slip D-ring: 34 available
Green Full Circle O-ring: 25 available
Green Full Circle D-ring: 41 available
Green Limited Slip D-ring: 37 available
Green Limited Slip O-ring: 20 available

Leashes – All 1” Width $5.00 each
Blue 6 foot: 7 available
Blue 4 foot: 5 available
Dark Red 22” Leader: 1 available
Navy 6 foot: 3 available
Green 6 foot: 2 available
Green 4 foot: 3 available
Yellow 6 foot: 1 available
Yellow 4 foot: 1 available
Pink 6 foot: 1 available
Pink 4 foot: 2 available
Purple 6 foot: 1 available
Orange 6 foot: 4 available
Orange 4 foot: 2 available

Urban Trail Harnesses (Non-Adjustable Neck)
Blue d-rings left and right 16.5 x 26 MR 9 $22.00
Red reflective tape, d-rings left and right, front o-ring 19 x 26 MR 10.5 $26.00
Purple 23 x 27 MR 10 $20.00
Green 20 x 32 MR10.5 $20.00
Blue 22 x 29 MR 13 $20.00
Blue 20 x 28 MR 12 $20.00

Adjustable Urban Trail Harnesses
Dark Green 20 x 24 MR 11.5 $25.00
Flyball Red 24 x 28 MR 13 $26.00
Flyball Burgundy 23 x 27 MR 13 $26.00

X-Back Harnesses
Red reflective tape 20 x 30.5 LR 20 $12.00
Blue split chest 22 x 30 LR 18 $10.00
Blue reflective tape, belly band tabs 24 x 29 LR 19 $13.00
Purple 24 x 29 LR 18 $10.00
Purple reflective tape 18 x 26 LR 17 $12.00
Black reflective tape, belly band tabs 32 x 36.5 LR 21 $13.00
Blue reflective tape, 20 x 28 LR 17 $12.00
Blue 24 x 31 LR 19.5 $10.00
Purple reflective tape 18 x 27.5 LR 17.5 $12.00
Black belly band tabs 22 x 29 LR 18 $11.00
Red belly band tabs, reflective tape 20 x 32.5 LR 19.5 $13.00
Purple belly band tabs 22 x 28.5 LR 18 $11.00
Green reflective tape 24 x 31.5 LR 18 $12.00
Orange belly band tabs 28 x 32 LR 21 $11.00
Blue 21 x 28 LR 16.5 $10.00
Red 19 x 26.5 LR 16 $10.00
Red belly band tabs 18 x 24.5 LR 15.5 $11.00
Black belly band tabs 22 x 29 LR 17 $11.00
Black 23 x 29 LR 18 $10.00
Blue reflective tape 23 x 31 LR 19 $12.00
Red 22 x 31 LR 20 $10.00
Black 23 x 31.5 LR 21 $10.00
Dark Green 23 x 32 LR 19 $10.00
Purple reflective tape 23 x 26 LR 16.5 $12.00
Blue reflective tape, belly band tabs 20 x 29 LR 17.5 $13.00
Green 23 x 29.5 LR 18 $10.00

Scooter Noodles, First Generation $10.00 each
Blue: 7 available

For those of you wondering how the harness measurements are read correctly, I emailed them about that.

Let's take this harness for example: Purple reflective tape 18 x 27.5 LR 17.5 $12.00

The first measurement, 18, is the measurement of your dogs neck. Basically you'll measure from the breastbone, to the withers, then double that measurement for the entire neck. So for this harness they took a cloth tape measure, starting at the center of the breastbone, up the side of the neck, then stopped at the top of the withers. They got the measurement '9 inches', then doubled it to make the '18 inches' for the entire neck.

The second measurement, 27.5, is the measurement of your dogs breastbone to the last rib, then the last rib to the base of tail, added together. So basically a measurement of your dogs breastbone to the base of tail. What they did was start measuring at the breastbone, go between the dogs front legs, up the side of the dog, and then stop at the last rib of the dog. This was 17.5 inches for this measurement. Then, starting at the last rib on the dog where you just stopped, you measure to the base of the tail, no longer. This was 10 inches for this measurement. Adding them together, you get 27.5 inches for the second measurement.

The last measurement is 17.5. This is *just* the breastbone, under the front legs, to the last rib on the body. So basically its the same as from measurement #2, but you're not adding on the rib to base of tail measurement.

For those of you wondering how the first generation scooter noodle is different from the current one, here's a picture.
Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* 20131112_072413_zps39a86be0

Last edited by Mobezilla on Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:34 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 6:36 pm

Dang it, this is 4 months too soon!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 7:26 pm

Omg, those are awesome deals! Thanks Megan. I'll have to buy something. $2.5 for collars?! Nice.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 8:17 pm

Haha yeah I know right? I was wanting the scooter noodle.. but had been apprehensive.. now I got one half off! so happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KembasWalker
Puppy
Puppy
KembasWalker

Male Join date : 2013-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 8:41 pm

Sweet thx if I can figure out the whole measurement stuff on a x-back I may have to get one.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 9:02 pm

KembasWalker wrote:
Sweet thx if I can figure out the whole measurement stuff on a x-back I may have to get one.
Good question!! I messaged them about that.. hope this will help.

Let's take this harness for example: Purple reflective tape 18 x 27.5 LR 17.5 $12.00

The first measurement, 18, is the measurement of your dogs neck. Basically you'll measure from the breastbone, to the withers, then double that measurement for the entire neck. So for this harness they took a cloth tape measure, starting at the center of the breastbone, up the side of the neck, then stopped at the top of the withers. They got the measurement '9 inches', then doubled it to make the '18 inches' for the entire neck.

The second measurement, 27.5, is the measurement of your dogs breastbone to the last rib, then the last rib to the base of tail, added together. So basically a measurement of your dogs breastbone to the base of tail. What they did was start measuring at the breastbone, go between the dogs front legs, up the side of the dog, and then stop at the last rib of the dog. This was 17.5 inches for this measurement. Then, starting at the last rib on the dog where you just stopped, you measure to the base of the tail, no longer. This was 10 inches for this measurement. Adding them together, you get 27.5 inches for the second measurement.

The last measurement is 17.5. This is *just* the breastbone, under the front legs, to the last rib on the body. So basically its the same as from measurement #2, but you're not adding on the rib to base of tail measurement.

Hope this helps!!
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 9:03 pm

Me too, if only I knew what the total of Now + 4-5 months would = !!??

Perfect, thanks Megan.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 9:09 pm

seattlesibe wrote:
Me too, if only I knew what the total of Now + 4-5 months would = !!??

Perfect, thanks Megan.
You could measure him, and get one that's as close to him as possible? Probably one thats one inch bigger than the neck, two inches longer? Yuki didn't grow at all since 7 months though xD
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 9:12 pm

Noted, but males bulk up more I reckon.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 9:18 pm

seattlesibe wrote:
Noted, but males bulk up more I reckon.
Yeah probably! But it'd be a good training one until he outgrew it? But yeah maybe 2 inches for the neck and 3 or 4 for the body. I don't think they grow as much as we'd expect.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 9:20 pm

This is true. And they're so cheap anyway....might be worth it.
Back to top Go down
KembasWalker
Puppy
Puppy
KembasWalker

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 9:22 pm

I have a male husky but I wouldn't trust my measurements or I would size mine up and help you. Of course I have no fabric tape measure (a guy with a male dog) we are meant to just go with with non custom stuff
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 9:25 pm

Thanks Smile plus, there is so much variation within the same sex anyhow.
Back to top Go down
KembasWalker
Puppy
Puppy
KembasWalker

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 9:59 pm

Thx I emailed them about one xback harness. It was close to my measurements. The price is right for a test out. We will see what happens. Thanks mobezilla for putting this up and welcoming me in.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 10:08 pm

KembasWalker wrote:
Thx I emailed them about one xback harness. It was close to my measurements. The price is right for a test out. We will see what happens. Thanks mobezilla for putting this up and welcoming me in.
No worries! I always try to help as best as I can! the deal was too good to pass up too Smile
Back to top Go down
KembasWalker
Puppy
Puppy
KembasWalker

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* EmptyFri Nov 15, 2013 10:14 pm

Well if I get it and for whatever reason it doesn't work with Kemba I'll pass it down the husky chain to ya.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 11:25 am

KembasWalker wrote:
Well if I get it and for whatever reason it doesn't work with Kemba I'll pass it down the husky chain to ya.
Haha thanks! Link's already got his custom-made harness, and Yuki's is currently being made by my maker is Canada. I guess I like having back-ups but none of them were close to fitting unfortunately xD Still excited for my noodle and 2-dog line!
Back to top Go down
CaliaKisses
Puppy
Puppy
CaliaKisses

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 11:51 am

Bleh, the link doesn't work for me. I'm guessing that they took it down or it was a one day event.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 11:54 am

CaliaKisses wrote:
Bleh, the link doesn't work for me.  I'm guessing that they took it down or it was a one day event.
I know they were having issues with the website before, they may be having issues again. If you're interested it may be worth it to email them for the list.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 11:58 am

I also know it is first come first serve though, I'm guessing a lot of the items are sold, or they took down the page to tally up and send out what has sold and to repost the page once they tally up whats left?
Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

Male Join date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 1:42 pm

I missed it, Nanook really needs a harness. I will have to keep checking.
Jeff, what measurements did you get for Link? Nanook will not sit still long enough for me to measure him. I know they are about the same size and weight.
Man, he is being a stinker

Last edited by Trailtoad1 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 1:45 pm

I haven't measured Link for an xback yet. The only thing I do know is that he is 21.5 at the whithers.

I'll probably get it all done for his birthday coming up....and for Nanook' birthday coming up Smile
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 3:15 pm

I emailed them and asked if the website was down again (they have a new/old version) or if the garage sale is over. Will get back to you guys on what they say Very Happy And they said its something they try to do annually by the way, the garage sale.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 4:23 pm

CaliaKisses wrote:
Bleh, the link doesn't work for me.  I'm guessing that they took it down or it was a one day event.
Trailtoad1 wrote:
I missed it, Nanook really needs a harness. I will have to keep checking.
Jeff, what measurements did you get for Link? Nanook will not sit still long enough for me to measure him. I know they are about the same size and weight.
Man, he is being a stinker
seattlesibe wrote:
I haven't measured Link for an xback yet. The only thing I do know is that he is 21.5 at the whithers.  

I'll probably get it all done for his birthday coming up....and for Nanook' birthday coming up Smile
The Garage Sale is NOT OVER!! The website is just not working again Smile

"Hi Megan!

Gosh, thank you SO much for sharing!!  We sincerely appreciate it:)

No, the garage sale is not over...we have been having unreal issues with the new website so the old site is up again.  I'm attaching the garage sale list for you to share...your friends can work off this list - just fyi, some of these items have been sold.

Again, thank you so very much!!!

Claire"

Here is the list they sent me!:

Alpine Outfitters Annual Garage Sale!
First come, first served. GREAT prices! Stock up for the season and $AVE!
E-mail a list of the items you would like to: orders@alpineoutfitters.net along with your billing and shipping address. We will contact you for payment information and to let you know the shipping fee.

Collars – All 1” Width $2.50 each
Blue Full Circle D-ring: 30 available
Blue Limited Slip D-ring: 34 available
Green Full Circle O-ring: 25 available
Green Full Circle D-ring: 41 available
Green Limited Slip D-ring: 37 available
Green Limited Slip O-ring: 20 available

Leashes – All 1” Width $5.00 each
Blue 6 foot: 7 available
Blue 4 foot: 5 available
Dark Red 22” Leader: 1 available
Navy 6 foot: 3 available
Green 6 foot: 2 available
Green 4 foot: 3 available
Yellow 6 foot: 1 available
Yellow 4 foot: 1 available
Pink 6 foot: 1 available
Pink 4 foot: 2 available
Purple 6 foot: 1 available
Orange 6 foot: 4 available
Orange 4 foot: 2 available

Urban Trail Harnesses (Non-Adjustable Neck)
Blue d-rings left and right 16.5 x 26 MR 9 $22.00
Red reflective tape, d-rings left and right, front o-ring 19 x 26 MR 10.5 $26.00
Purple 23 x 27 MR 10 $20.00
Green 20 x 32 MR10.5 $20.00
Blue 22 x 29 MR 13 $20.00
Blue 20 x 28 MR 12 $20.00

Adjustable Urban Trail Harnesses
Dark Green 20 x 24 MR 11.5 $25.00
Flyball Red 24 x 28 MR 13 $26.00
Flyball Burgundy 23 x 27 MR 13 $26.00

X-Back Harnesses
Red reflective tape 20 x 30.5 LR 20 $12.00
Blue split chest 22 x 30 LR 18 $10.00
Blue reflective tape, belly band tabs 24 x 29 LR 19 $13.00
Purple 24 x 29 LR 18 $10.00
Purple reflective tape 18 x 26 LR 17 $12.00
Black reflective tape, belly band tabs 32 x 36.5 LR 21 $13.00
Blue reflective tape, 20 x 28 LR 17 $12.00
Blue 24 x 31 LR 19.5 $10.00
Purple reflective tape 18 x 27.5 LR 17.5 $12.00
Black belly band tabs 22 x 29 LR 18 $11.00
Red belly band tabs, reflective tape 20 x 32.5 LR 19.5 $13.00
Purple belly band tabs 22 x 28.5 LR 18 $11.00
Green reflective tape 24 x 31.5 LR 18 $12.00
Orange belly band tabs 28 x 32 LR 21 $11.00
Blue 21 x 28 LR 16.5 $10.00
Red 19 x 26.5 LR 16 $10.00
Red belly band tabs 18 x 24.5 LR 15.5 $11.00
Black belly band tabs 22 x 29 LR 17 $11.00
Black 23 x 29 LR 18 $10.00
Blue reflective tape 23 x 31 LR 19 $12.00
Red 22 x 31 LR 20 $10.00
Black 23 x 31.5 LR 21 $10.00
Dark Green 23 x 32 LR 19 $10.00
Purple reflective tape 23 x 26 LR 16.5 $12.00
Blue reflective tape, belly band tabs 20 x 29 LR 17.5 $13.00
Green 23 x 29.5 LR 18 $10.00

Scooter Noodles, First Generation $10.00 each
Blue: 7 available
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* EmptySat Nov 16, 2013 7:08 pm

Ok i measured koda for a xback. Not sure if i did it right the sizes in the garage sale part dont seem to be close.. I got his neck as 22, from his breast bone to his last rib, 19, and then back rib to tail is 13.. Do these sound right or did i measure wrong?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*   Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On* Empty

Back to top Go down

Alpine Outfitters Garage Sale *Still Going On*

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next