It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Isis Update :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Female Join date : 2012-08-10

Isis Update :( - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 3:33 pm

Sorry for your loss. I'm in tears right now and feel for you.

She's in a lot better place now!
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 4:07 pm

Crying or Very sad No words can describe how saddening this news is. You and your family (human and furry) are in my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

Female Join date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 4:59 pm

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the huge outpouring of support, it really does mean alot to me to be able to have others who understand the kind of pain it is to lose your furbaby, I know with time all of this will be easier to handle, im just not there yet, she was such a part of my life that even in my daily routines without her here any more there are spots missing, her and I used to go out back after the kids went to bed and Id just hang out outside with my brother and sister while she played back there, even going for walks now, now its just axel, and everytime I reach for his leash, I see hers right there and it hurts all over again but I just cant bring myself to take it down even though ive been told it would help move on but I just cant yet if that makes sense.In two weeks the new families will be coming to take home their puppies and I already know its going to be super hard for me letting them go now, there are two that havent gotten families yet and Ive been honestly considering keeping the one girl puppy that acts like Isis, she has her sweet, chilled out mellow behavior just like Isis. I dont know, I would love to keep a piece of Isis with me through her puppy, what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
calliegirl08
Teenager
Teenager
calliegirl08

Female Join date : 2012-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 5:04 pm

I think that sounds like a good idea. It'll be a nice way to remember Isis but also to experience the new life she created. I'm sure Isis would love that you kept one of her babies around. You took care of her and gave her a wonderful home, so I think she'd love that you're willing to do the same for her pup.
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 5:11 pm

I think if you are suited to handle puppyhood it would be an awesome idea! As for having Isis's stuff around do what feels right. I have all sorts of pics and some toys of my passed furkids in plain sight in my house.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 5:16 pm

i was really hoping you might keep one of the puppies to raise, i was not sure if they had homes or not. maybe its fate that the one they reminds you of her has no home... im a strong believer in stuff like that. as far as keeping her stuff around do what feels right, im sure i will leave things around the house when that time comes for me.

Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 6:31 pm

Christina,

I feel you should keep one of the puppies. I think it would be good for you and your family. I am sure Axle would also enjoy having a puppy.

As for keeping Isis stuff around that is what I would probably do.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 8:44 pm

If it were me, I would definitely keep one of her puppies. Especially if one of the little girls reminds you of Isis. Like Jen said, maybe it's fate for you to keep her. I'm sure that Isis would be grateful that you're giving her a great home Very Happy As for her stuff around the house....follow your instincts and not by any else suggests.

Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 21, 2012 9:38 pm

Christina, if you don't want to get rid of Isis things, then don't! My boy passed away 10 months ago and I have his dog tag on my key chain, his collar he was wearing, the last picture I took of him and a clay foot print in a shadow box. I did a scrapbook of him and I have one of his leashes (the main one I used with him) hanging in my closet. There is no way I would get rid of any of it. He was so much a part of my life, I want to keep a part of him with me! I don't feel it is hindering my grieving for him. Do what you feel is right!
Back to top Go down
Nicholas F.
Newborn
Newborn
Nicholas F.

Male Join date : 2012-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 12:21 am

Just signed in for the first time in a while (been occupied with my Fall semester), sorry to hear about your loss Christina. I lost a dog a little over 10 years ago due to complications during a surgery. I think it is fine to keep what you want from Isis and if you are willing to deal with puppyhood I think keeping Isis's puppy would be great.
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:55 am

Christina, I am so sorry for your loss and I know nothing I or anyone else can say to help heal your pain. Just know that my thoughts are with you just like so many others on here. As I write these words to you my heart is filled with sorrow for you and your family and I can't help but shed some tears. You are an angel and Isis couldn't have asked for a better mom. You kept her safe, protected her and was there for her through all of her pain of trying to move beyond her sad, scary past. You were able to take her negative experiences and turn them into positive ones and I am sure for that Isis will be forever grateful. I hope you know that even though you had only a short time together it meant more to her than anything else could have. She loved you and I am sure she knew that your home, with your family was where she belonged and without her past battles she would have never made it HOME to you guys. I'm sure that you being there also meant the world to her and that she knew if she was to leave this earth someone did truly love her.
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 1:04 pm

Keep the pup. That way a part of Isis will be with you and all the work and effort a puppy brings with it won´t give you much time to think about your loss and it will be easier dealing with the pain.

My Aunt still has all the things of her German Shepherd that died over 7 years ago. Follow your heart not the tongue of others.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 4 EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 9:34 pm

Set up a small memorial in a out of the way but easily visible spot of Isis. In due time you'll find on those crazy ass days when nothing goes right sneak a peek at Isis and she'll have a calming effect for you.

This guy has been in my office for 2 years 1 month 3 weeks and 1 day. Many a day I've needed him to return to sanity.

Isis Update :( - Page 4 Dscf0752q

His infamous "teddy" with last dog tag, collar, card from the vet clinic, and Mylo in the canister

Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 12:35 am

Christina, I'm so sorry to read this - I've been so busy this week I haven't go through all the threads. So heartbreaking for you.

I am so happy she got experience a loving owner with you and that you helped her through her pregnancy. I see the new thread on her puppy and am glad you're keeping a part of her. You found her in her time of need and went above and beyond to help her. You're even giving her a dignified burial - that says so much about how special she was and about how awesome you are. Smile *hugs* Thank you for everything you did for her. We need more people like you helping huskies, thank you.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 9:42 am

Our vet said I only had 1-3 month's left with my Dalmatian Sophie and I went ahead and purchased an item in advance that I thought was a good idea. It's a memory box that's made of cherry wood, has a picture on one side, their paw print on the other side, and you can fill the box with their personal belongings that you don't necessarily want to see, but don't want to throw away.

Isis Update :( - Page 4 Memorybox

Isis Update :( - Page 4 16634518037297P

Isis Update :( - Page 4 11547716703397P

This is also a great idea, even if you haven't lost you're pet. You can actually make a print of you're dog's foot and make a keychain, necklace, bracelet, etc. I lost the brochure, but here's a link to a similar company. I'll post again when I find the actual site.

http://www.pawprintsjewelry.com/
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 1:33 pm

I think it's great your going to keep a puppy!
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

Female Join date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 7:04 pm

I think you should keep one of the puppies! Also, everyone has a really good idea. I keep Diesel's collar and his last tags set on it's own shelf in my room where I see it every day before I begin my day.
Back to top Go down
Charsmom
Teenager
Teenager
Charsmom

Female Join date : 2012-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 4 EmptySun Sep 23, 2012 8:19 pm

I am so sorry to hear about Isis. I think keeping one of her puppies would be lovely. I think she would love the idea too.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 5:27 am

This is so sad, just catching up. So sorry this happened. I would for sure keep a puppy if it reminded me of the dog I lost.
Back to top Go down
dbingham12
Teenager
Teenager
dbingham12

Female Join date : 2012-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 11:25 am

Christina everyone grieves differently and in their own time. If you can't bear the thought of taking down Isis' leash, then don't. You will know when the time is right for you.

As for keeping one of her pups. . . Again this needs to be your decision. Keeping a pup won't make loosing Isis any easier. But if it feels right it may be just the thing to do.

We all know you have a huge heart so just follow it and all will fall into place just as it is supposed to.
Back to top Go down
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

Female Join date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 8:02 pm

I had a question. I remember you wrote that Isis(RIP) attacked and killed one of the puppies, was that because of the chip bone in her brain? could it have been related?
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

Female Join date : 2012-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 8:14 pm

Ashleymarie9807 wrote:
I had a question. I remember you wrote that Isis(RIP) attacked and killed one of the puppies, was that because of the chip bone in her brain? could it have been related?
The vet told us that its more than likely why because it was causing pressure in her brain there's no telling what it effected neurologically.
Back to top Go down
Myndi
Teenager
Teenager
Myndi

Female Join date : 2012-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 3:13 am

I know I'm a little late here (haven't had time to log in because of school lately), but I just read everything. I'm so sorry for everything that happened to you and Isis. It breaks my heart to read it, but at least you can take comfort that she was well taken care of and loved when she passed. It might not be much consolation, but you were so wonderful to her and I'm sure she'll be waiting for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Isis Update :(

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4