It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Isis Update :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

Female Join date : 2012-02-23

Isis Update :( - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 8:06 pm

Well I am home now, she is signed over to them and scheduled for her surgery at 5am tomorrow morning, Im going to drive up there and hope for the best, also they said yes after she recovers and has a clean bill of health I can apply to adopt her, the owner of the rescue said it will just be pretty much for paperwork's sake that I "apply", so please just pray for her in the morning and all we can do is hope she makes it out of it so she can live her life the way she should once again and come home.
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 8:07 pm

Also just a side note but I know my replies are pretty short, I just feel so worn out emotionally and physically, Ive been super sick the past few days with fevers and cough and all that great crap so its just been one helluva ride for me this past week.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 8:40 pm

I can only imagine! I'll for sure hope or the best and that's wonderful new's that the rescue will allow you to adopt her back. Feel better and keep us posted on any news you find out tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:28 am

so very sorry to hear this!
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 10:20 am

Isis and your entire family are in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 12:45 pm

Christina, I'm so sorry to hear about this. I hope everything goes well for Isis and she has a full and speedy recovery. She's been through so much and you've done so much for her. You should feel very proud, but I bet right now you just feel exhausted. I'll be thinking of you and Isis.
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Oh my this must feel like the whole wolrd is crashing down.

Let´s hope she´ll make it healthy. I really don´t want to be negative but considering surgery on humans alot of people suffer some kind of brain damage after such a surgery. So th emos timportant thing is she will make it healthy.
Back to top Go down
NadirCs
Teenager
Teenager
NadirCs

Female Join date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 5:47 pm

You and Isis have just really been put through the wringer! I'm so glad you found her though. I'm keeping her in my prayers and I hope her surgery went well. Good luck you too!
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 6:55 pm

I will be praying for her!
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:50 pm

Im really sorry it took me so long to get to the forum today to update everyone, its been a very long, hellish day.

Sad I hate to tell you all because I know you all have been right here with me through all this with Isis and it will sadden you all as it has me, but she did not make it today, she passed away at 3:30pm, she went into surgery, it all went perfectly, they got the bone chip out with no problems but in recover she suddenly spiked her heartbeat and she passed away before she could even wake up from the anesthesia, I am going in the morning to pick up her remains, they are cremating her for me thanks to the rescue and Im bringing her home and will bury her with her baby girl. I can only hope that my girl takes her last memories with her of her family and all of our love that we will always have for her will follow her to the rainbow bridge and beyond because she will always have her own special place in my heart and the hearts of everyone who supported us in her rescue and life afterwards, I just cant believe that after everything she went through that she still was denied her chance to live the life she was always meant to, that any animal is meant to, to have that taken away after she found her spot in life and her own family to love her unconditionally just tears me apart and makes me want to hunt down those who did this to her and make them suffer her fate. Im so sorry for not having better news Sad I will always hold my memories of her in my heart and it does ease the pain a little knowing that as she went under anesthesia I was the last one to hold her and I was the last one she saw and it was someone who loved her like their own child.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 11:57 pm

Words can not express how sorry I am to hear this news. Please take some comfort in knowing you showed her what love is, that she got to experience that love before she passed and you were there for her to the end. RIP Isis.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:04 am

Christina, I am so sorry for your loss. You did such an amazing and wonderful thing for her, and she crossed the bridge knowing how much she was loved. Run free, Isis.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Isis Update :( - Page 2 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:13 am

Thank you both for your support, it really just, I dont know, it hurts my heart, like more than a physical pain, deeper, I just wish there was something more I could have done for her Sad
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:15 am

Oh shit Christina... I'm so so sorry Sad

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:16 am

Shit, this made me cry. God Bless You, Christina. Just try to remember she is in a beter place.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:23 am

I am so sorry for your loss. RIP Isis.
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
Sammie-Leigh
Puppy
Puppy
Sammie-Leigh

Female Join date : 2012-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:47 am

So very sorry to hear this news Christina, i cannot being to imagine the pain you must be feeling. It is such a shame that she did not make it through and that it is all because of her past, but what she had with you before she passed on is undeniably a beautiful thing. The last thing she knew was that you loved her and if it wasn't for you taking her in then she never would of been able to experience that unconditional love and care you gave her, even if it wasn't for as long as we all would of liked and was cut short, none the less she was able to experience it and know what it is to live in an awesome, loving and caring home with a person who would go to the ends of the earth for her and that will always remain her freshest and last memory, and it seems like a pretty good one to go with.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 12:54 am

Great words Sammie I love you

Christina I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Isis since I was just getting caught up on it all. You family is in my thoughts during this time. I know you hurt but what you did for her did not go unnoticed and Isis knew she was in a safe and loving home, she will always be with you in you heart. Hugs Sad

Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 1:14 am

I am so sorry Christina Sad I was really hoping that after everything Isis had been through that she would get to live a normal life Sad

You did everything you could for her, and we all know that you showed her more love in these last few months than what she's received her whole life and she loved you so much for it.

RIP Isis Sad
Back to top Go down
NadirCs
Teenager
Teenager
NadirCs

Female Join date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 2:02 am

I'm crying for you right now; can't believe everything you must be going through. I hope you can take some comfort in the fact that you made Isis' remaining time on this earth wonderful. You showed her true love, care, and a family. It's not fair how her past continued to haunt her. You are in my thoughts and I wish you the best as you grieve for Isis. She is on the other side now, and you made her final days ones of love and happiness.
Back to top Go down
ramoscl
Teenager
Teenager
ramoscl

Female Join date : 2012-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 2:35 am

i know that nothing i can say will in anyway lessen your grief but know that you are in my prayers and though Isis is gone in this world she lives on in the memory of those who loved her.
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:22 am

I was hoping and praying for a much different outcome after all you have been through with her. You gave her such love Christina, you are a wonderful person.

RIP Isis. Run free North of the Bridge. My Baby Boy will play with you. ... Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:39 am

Crying or Very sad

Sending hugs your way..

Give your pups and children hugs.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:40 am

Christina, I am so sorry about the news. Nothing I can say will make it any easier for you, but I hope you know that you and you're family are in my thought's and prayers. Isis is you're guardian Angel now like you were her's. Rest well beautiful Isis ...
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 8:44 am

I haven't posted on this topic before but have been silently following along. The news of her passing has shaken me to my core and I cannot help but mourn her passing. May she rest in peace and may you find comfort in knowing that she is in a better place and knew what true love was because of you. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Sad

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Isis Update :(

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next