It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Isis Update :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

Female Join date : 2012-02-23

Isis Update :( Empty
PostSubject: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 8:37 pm

As some of you may know, ever since Isis attacked the puppy she has randomly, out of the blue a few times a day gotten aggressive with the other dogs and people, we had her appointment today and drove out to NM to a special clinic and they scanned her head and found an old healed skull fracture that left a small bone chip embedded in her brain, the vet who did the scan says they can perform surgery but it may not work and theres a 50/50 chance she wont make it out, also if left untreated the pressure will just increase and she wioll have more and more agressive outbursts, its going to be an expensive procedure so Ive been talking to a husky rescue in NM and one of the ladies is going to talk to the owner and said if we turn her over tot hem they can have it done for her, Im at a loss here, I cant afford it and they can, but I dont want to lose her, but I would rather her live.

Last edited by MetalMama on Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:04 pm

Christina, its going to come down to that old demon of quality of life issue. There is still the 50/50 chance of losing her even with the surgery. You saved her once let the rescue try to save her again. I can't imagine what brain surgery would cost but I'm sure its prohibitive. If the rescue passes then don't allow Isis to suffer much longer.

My heart aches for her because you've tried so hard to help her. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:07 pm

I know, its always been about Isis, I didnt go through all this to just give up even when its hard and helping her means losing her Sad I am going to spend today with her and do everything she has loved to do and take her tomorrow to the rescue and sign her over, Im sure they will keep me updated on her, its just so hard to have to give her up, but like you said its whats best for her and she has always deserved every chance she could get i just hate that even though she got a good home that her past abuse still lingers and takes its toll on her.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:15 pm

Sad I am so sorry Christina.

I would take the risk, turn her over and have them get her surgery done. This girl has gone through so much, she deserves a chance at a life.

Is it possible that after the surgery you could put in an application to adopt her?
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Christina, I am so sorry to hear about this! I can't imagine what you're going through and how hard it must be for you. Everyone know's how much you care for Isis and how hard you worked to save her and you are such an amazing person for that! I know Isis is thankful for what you've done for her and I hope everything turn's out well with her surgery. I know this can't be easy for you and I'm truly sorry.
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:17 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
Sad I am so sorry Christina.

I would take the risk, turn her over and have them get her surgery done. This girl has gone through so much, she deserves a chance at a life.

Is it possible that after the surgery you could put in an application to adopt her?

I dont know, when I go tomorrow I am going to ask, Ive got a list of things I want to ask them :/ All I can really ask for is for her to make it out of the surgery, they said its very risky because of how embedded the bone chip is.
Back to top Go down
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:19 pm

I knew though, I just knew, that all these behavior issues recently weren't her, I had a gut feeling something was wrong, even from the first day I brought her home she was always so sweet and mellow :/
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:30 pm

If the rescue agrees to keep in touch with you be sure to post any updates on Isis.
Back to top Go down
Sammie-Leigh
Puppy
Puppy
Sammie-Leigh

Female Join date : 2012-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:33 pm

Christina, I am so sorry to hear about Isis, it really isn't fair that her past still lingers with her in a horrible way such as this, especially for a sweet and beautiful dog like her. But as everyone has said, you have done such an amazing thing for her by rescuing her and giving her a better life and she knows what you a great thing you have done for her, i am sure she is truly thankful for this.
The best thing IMO that you can do for her is sign her over and let them do the surgery, you have given her an amazing life so far and i am sure she will do her best to fight through it for you, like you have fought for her.
All our thoughts are with you here in Australia and our fingers and paws are crossed that the surgery goes well. I know this is probably not easy for you and i cannot begin to imagine the pain you must be feeling, but know that we are all here to support you in whatever way we can Smile
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 9:52 pm

Oh CHristina,

I am so sorry to hear this news..

I really don't havbe much else to add to what everyone else has said.

Do keep us up to date on her surgery and what does happen to her.
Back to top Go down
Arainais
Puppy
Puppy
Arainais

Female Join date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:00 pm

I am so sorry to hear this news. I can't offer much advice, but I am sending Isis all my good thoughts and prayers. Thank you for saving her once and thank you for taking her best interests to heart. It would be wonderful if the rescue would take her in and possibly let you apply to adopt her afterwards. I hope she makes it through ok.
Back to top Go down
GonetotheSnowDogs
Teenager
Teenager
GonetotheSnowDogs

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:05 pm

You are doing the right thing. *Hugs*
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/GonetotheSnowDogs
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:13 pm

I'm so sorry Christina Sad My prayers are with Isis and I truly hope that WHEN she makes it you'll have the opportunity to maybe adopt her.

You'll always be her angel no matter what the outcome is!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 10:29 pm

Oh, I'm so sorry but you're doing the right thing and that shows that you really love her. Fingers crossed for you all.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 11:02 pm

I'm so sorry Christina! You have shown Isis what love is and there is no better gift in life.
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 8:59 am

Christina you are such an angel for Isis, what an act of love even though it has got to be tearing you up. It's sounds like the best and only chance she has. Paws and fingers crossed for the best outcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
MetalMama
Adult
Adult
MetalMama

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 11:48 am

Thanks you guys it means alot to me to have you all so supportive, were going to start heading out soon, its only a 2 hour drive but I wanted to stop at her fave park on the way one last time :/ I just got off the phone with the rescue and they said that they can get her (with the apporval of the vet of course) in for her surgery either tomorrow or the day after, I just hope all goes well and they did say they will update me and if I want to go with her when she goes in that I can (I would have anyways) and they will see about me possibly adopting her afterwards.
Back to top Go down
SaberK
Adult
Adult
SaberK

Female Join date : 2012-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 11:56 am

Good luck to you and Isis. You truly are her guardian angel.
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 12:07 pm

Sad best of luck Christina Sad

For both you and Isis. Poor girl.

~Chris~

Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 4:14 pm

Good luck Isis! Sad Please keep us updated
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Good luck Isis! Stay strong Christina, I'll be keeping you and Isis in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
Onyx_Blitz
Teenager
Teenager
Onyx_Blitz

Male Join date : 2012-09-12

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 4:52 pm

That is terrible to hear someone could do that to something so awesome. Best of luck Isis and stay strong Christina.

Our thoughts and prayers go to you and Isis.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 4:55 pm

Good Luck Isis! She deserves life after all that she has been through.

You are such an angel. Please keep us updated, as you always do. <3
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 5:51 pm

so it looks like i missed a lot of updates when i was on vacation! so sorry to hear about the puppy and now the newest news on isis, i hope she pulls through with this and that you get to get her back. you have gone above and beyond to help her out, and she knows that.

Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Female Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 6:36 pm

Christina, I'm so sorry to hear this news. I can't imagine what you must be going through. I think you're making the best decision though.

Keep us updated if possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Isis Update :(   Isis Update :( Empty

Back to top Go down

Isis Update :(

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next