It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

someone keep me off craigslist...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

someone keep me off craigslist... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:17 pm

omg that is TERRIBLE! At least she is out of the place she was and now in good hands! Poor girl, I hope she makes a good recovery!
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

Female Join date : 2012-03-30

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:22 pm

Oh that is just terrible! Thank you for the update! I hope she warms up soon.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:06 pm

And I guess mister mal/husky puppy's post got flagged enough to be taken down. I guess after people realized he wanted that much money they started flagging it.

someone keep me off craigslist... - Page 2 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:51 pm

It's sad because now there is no telling where the little guy will end up.

On an unrelated note....I rarely ever go outside without snow on a leash with me...but I went out the check the mail, and in the 2 minutes it took to walk to the end of the driveway and back into the house she seemed to have made a whole defrosted chicken along with cut up potatoes disappear off my counter.....looks like I'm headed to the store to buy a replacement chicken for dinner. Dang pig!!
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 3:55 pm

lol! I had a similar experience Shawna a couple month's ago
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:01 pm

She is such a fat girl now lol she weighed 32 pounds when I got her (it was sickening) and in the now7 weeks that I've had her she weighs 51 pounds and has no cut off...she will eat until it makes her sick if I let her.
Needless to say she is hanging out on the patio for a little while lol
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:02 pm

ShawnaAD wrote:
It's sad because now there is no telling where the little guy will end up.

On an unrelated note....I rarely ever go outside without snow on a leash with me...but I went out the check the mail, and in the 2 minutes it took to walk to the end of the driveway and back into the house she seemed to have made a whole defrosted chicken along with cut up potatoes disappear off my counter.....looks like I'm headed to the store to buy a replacement chicken for dinner. Dang pig!!

That is way too funny..

I guess she doesn't need any supper tonight.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:02 pm

lol. Sneaky little dogs!

How tall is she at the shoulders?

Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:17 pm

She's right at 23 1/2in.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:18 pm

That's so sad Sara. Sounds like the female SFSHR just got from Miami (that one that wasn't hit by the car) she's at the vets with some crazy systematic infection, covered in fleas, had an epileptic fit the other day at the vet... So sad.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:31 pm

ShawnaAD wrote:
She's right at 23 1/2in.

51lbs seems good for her size. I wouldn't let her get overweight! That's a killer here in the heat. Siku is 23" and 45lbs last time I weighed her, though she seems to watch her figure! lol. She will self regulate, unlike Elara who will eat until she explodes!

Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 4:37 pm

At first we were letting her eat about 1 1/2 her 'normal' amount to help her gain the weight, but now that we've cut it down she seems to have stayed right at the weight she is now.

She's been getting quite the workout lately running around with our greyhound mix so she's starting to get lean muscle..but mainly during the day she seems to enjoy laying the on the tile floor and stealing food haha
Do most of your dogs like water? She won't have anything to do with it and runs at the sight of the hose.

There is a litter of 5 husky pups on Craigslist right now, from deltona..wonder how many hundreds of dollars they are charging for byb pups.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 5:24 pm

Good lord. Those puppies, a 4 month old, and someone complaining that people keep flagging him for trying to rehome his husky. All new today!

Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 5:32 pm

My grandma helped found Friends of Jacksonville Animals, and told me they had a lady wanting to trade out female huskies, because she has a brother/sister and wants to breed the male....wtf are these people thinking? Poor girl is just disposable in the owners eyes.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 5:39 pm

Sad Look on hoobly, or rather don't!, and most of the posts are looking for stud dogs, offering stud services, or puppies for sale. Sad

Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 5:41 pm

Why must you give me more websites! Lol
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 6:12 pm

haha...at least it doesn't seem as popular as CL and kijiji, but like the later you can't flag anything on it even if they flat out lie.

Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Another update on that 1yr old in Kissimmee, the one that was free.

Her name is Nala now. She is still fearful of people, but has been adopted! The new owners were taking her to the vet or something and she got away from them! She bolted across 6 lanes of traffic and then jumped into a canal and swam across and was no where to be seen (south FL has lots of canals to keep it drained). They had the cops, animal services, and rescues looking for her. 4 days later they get a call that she's been seen. This time she jumped into another canal, but this one didn't go far and they jumped in after her and cornered her and got her! She was still wearing her collar and leash. But now the new home has her safe and sound.

I know a few of you probably saw her "husky lost in Port St. Lucie!" on FB going around through the rescues. Yep, that was her! lol.

Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2012 11:25 pm

I saw that! I can't believe she still had the leash and collar on...

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 9:58 pm

I saw that ad!! I'm so happy she is safe and sound now!! What an adventure!!
Back to top Go down
jedwards
Teenager
Teenager
jedwards

Female Join date : 2012-04-04

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 1:01 am

http://fortsmith.craigslist.org/pet/3076498743.html

Sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:03 am

I saw rhat same posting on TUlsa CL yea it was sad but also upset me that he does not want the dog after 9 years of having it..

Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

someone keep me off craigslist...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2