It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mysticfate
Newborn
Newborn
Mysticfate

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!   Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:23 pm

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/pet/2620551311.html

There are a lot more on there as well, it's ridiculous! These poor babies need good homes!
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!   Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:29 pm

There are some on every craigslist in every state in every county. It's sad, but at least people are trying to find them homes without putting them in shelters or pounds. Some of those people are also getting divorced or can't afford them anymore because they lost their jobs, but they also don't want them to be put to sleep. My friend had to do that with her GSD when she got layed off of both her jobs.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Mysticfate
Newborn
Newborn
Mysticfate

PostSubject: Re: Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!   Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:37 pm

Yes I agree, I understand that perfectly hypers987. However, what usually goes down in my area is people posting about wanting to get a purebred only Siberian husky will want it for their small child. I don't know about you but when we get a dog in our house it's everyone's responsible. Not just the child's. So the parents will end up walking him/her and find that this dog needs much for exercise then a 1 acre fenced yard. The dog also becomes destructive beyond control when it's needs aren't met and we all know Sibes are so friendly and just love everyone. Most of them are fantastic with children. The dog will run up, knock the small child over not meaning to and off to the pound it goes. This has been the scenario many times around here, even from people that I personally know and tried to explain this to.

It's always best to try re-homing an animal before taking it to the pound or shelter but so rarely do the previous owner's run over all the dynamics of owning one of the dogs. Granted they probably don't have much time to re-home the animal. All of this could be avoided by educating potential owners. I see so many Sibes and Mals on shelter pages and when I inquire about them they tell me that recently got the animal and had to give it up because it wasn't working out.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

PostSubject: Re: Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!   Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 2:49 pm

Very true! I always cringe when people post shit like "Looking for purebred husky"or "Want purebred Husky puppy". Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Mysticfate
Newborn
Newborn
Mysticfate

PostSubject: Re: Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!   Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:09 pm

Nothing gets me more upset than seeing post like ''Wanted: Purebred Siberian Husky puppy for 4 yr old girls Christmas present. Must be 6 to 8 weeks old and free. Preferably female'' ... I mean what the hell is that... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!   Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:15 pm

On our craigslist in detroit there eas someone who wanted an 8 week old with two blue eyes only...i was thinking to myself "who really gets a dog for its eye color? Im more concerned with temperament."
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

PostSubject: Re: Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!   Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:18 pm

It's people being lazy. Period. It's sad but life. Makes me cringe but there's nothing anyone can do unfortunately. At the vet hospital I work at there's always wanted dogs on the bulletin board. You can't change people's minds. All you can do is try and educate through volunteer work at shelters and pet adoption fairs. People are usually gonna get what they want, and have to experience it firsthand. It's human nature. Unfortunately at the cost of a dog, and sometimes at his/her life. Sad
Back to top Go down
Mysticfate
Newborn
Newborn
Mysticfate

PostSubject: Re: Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!   Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:29 pm

I may not touch anyone's decision to adopt but I'll never give up. I've recently created a forum dedicated to educating potential owner's about these incredible breeds as well as their needs. I see so many in the shelter getting ready to be put to sleep and it all could have been avoided if they'd have taken 5 minutes to research the breed before acting on impulse because of a Disney movie. Which are true touching stories that I personally love but they show people what they want to see and not the reality. The good stuff is all you see and none of the bad. I'm not saying completely destroy breeding programs but only do it to better the breed and possibly stop trying to make a living off that for awhile and get a real job while we try to re-home some of the dogs that desperately need help. On my website check out the 'Prayer list' that's just a couple of the dogs in need. Educate before it's to late. I need everyone's help. For the Sibes!!!

http://thedailyhusky.webs.com/
Back to top Go down
Snowflake20
Puppy
Puppy
Snowflake20

Male Join date : 2011-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!   Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:33 pm

Mysticfate wrote:
Nothing gets me more upset than seeing post like ''Wanted: Purebred Siberian Husky puppy for 4 yr old girls Christmas present. Must be 6 to 8 weeks old and free. Preferably female'' ... I mean what the hell is that... Evil or Very Mad

lol! People are SOOOOO stupid. I saw one post on the Denver CL saying Wanted Purebred husky puppy willing to pay 30 no more. WTF
Back to top Go down
Mysticfate
Newborn
Newborn
Mysticfate

PostSubject: Re: Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!   Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:36 pm

Exactly, I mean you just wanna run up to these people and B**** slap em! lol!
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

PostSubject: Re: Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!   Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 3:42 pm

What about other powerful breeds like Pit Bulls, Rotties, Chows, Mals and the Shepherd breeds? It's not just Husky's that people need to be educated on. These breeds need the right type of owners as well. They have the same destructiive behaviors that Husky's do (energy that needs to be channeled). I even know of people that can't contain their hyperactive Boston Terriers. I have neighbors that have two BEAUTIFUL GSDs that are neglected and never see outside their backyard. And they are getting another one. Why? Cuz they like the way they look... I commend you on what you are doing, don't get me wrong, but there are plenty of other dogs of different breeds that need help as well.
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!   Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 10:02 pm

Deleted cause I wasn't trying to cause a stink.....whooopsies

Last edited by i<3neo on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!   Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 10:19 pm

Guys, this is a husky forum, that's probably why she is posting huskies on here- not to mention obviously siberians would be what she is educated on since she owns them and is probably passionate about them more than other breeds (I'd assume). And you pay more attention to your immediate area than the other 49 states around you. If she wants to focus on sibes in her area, what's the issue? At least she is doing something for some kind of animal, while millions of people don't do anything. And it's not like it's uncommon to focus on a single breed.. just like how there's breed specific rescues. We have had tons of people post about sibes on CL or one they saw in their area before. Just don't get why someone is questioning this..
I do know other breeds need exposure and education. I did work with a pit rescue and a merle/merle defective dog rescue and I would say those dogs needed more guidance than potential husky owners.. but heck if the girl wants to focus on helping sibes, that's her deal.

However I do have to say forums, especially ones that are smaller and more close knit like this one, are not usually the best place to spread the word on dogs that need some help. FB has been an amazing networking site to get sibes pulled out of bad situation and get them into a rescue, fostercare, or a permanent home. Back in AZ we go SO many dogs off the e list and into a promising situation through FB networking and see it all the time with other organizations too.

As for CL postings, I see several a week for huskies and dozens a day of dogs in general from military families.. husband is deploying, moving home, can't take the dog, someone pay me so I can get rid of it.. ridiculous.

Last edited by Heatherlee on Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
snrose
Adult
Adult
snrose

Female Join date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!   Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 10:20 pm

what a handsome boy. there are currently two posted up in my area (sw va)
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!   Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 10:29 pm

I see nothing wrong with focusing in on Siberian Husky education and rescue.

Do you realize how many sites/forums are out there trying to convince the world that Pit Bulls are not the crazy insane killers of the dog world. Myself you'll never convince me because I have no desire to ever own one. BUT if I did that would be the type I'd look for, ones that focus in on specific breeds not one mutt fit all.

Mysticfate, I wish you well.
Back to top Go down
toyszruskid
Teenager
Teenager
toyszruskid

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!   Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 10:29 pm

Well said Heather, you beat me to it. There are many blanket organizations/rescue groups out there that's for sure, but the majority I know of are specific to a particular breed or species. They are all generally founded on a person/persons affinity for a specific animal. Education and awareness is never a bad thing, regardless of who the information is targeting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!   Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 10:39 pm

There are definitely people online and in person going around educating people on pits(ESPECIALLY pits- my favorite rescue ever in the world is a pit rescue and I'm convinced they'll change the world), rotties, dobermans, etc, almost every breed has their own targeted rescues and every breed has a group of people who love and are passionate about the breed and have the experience to shed light on becoming the owner of said breed(holy run on sentence!). You can't expect not to see sibe-specific stuff on here when we are a siberian husky forum.
Back to top Go down
i<3neo
Teenager
Teenager
i<3neo

Female Join date : 2011-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!   Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 10:41 pm

I completely understand the others point of view. I would take every dog in if I could. Hence why its harderfor me to understand why one would only want to focus on one breed or one area. I know we can't save them all, but I wish we could. I can still remember hiding dogs in my room when I was younger, until my mom finally said no more. Then I had a makeshift kennel for all the strays I picked up at the barn I boarded my horses at. I didn't mean to come across as attacking, but. Try to understand my feelings, and I will try to understand yours as well
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!   Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:15 pm

You can't effectively educate on a subject you are not knowledgeable in or are passionate about. Wink

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!   Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:16 pm

It's pretty odd to knock someone for trying to promote husky adoption on a husky forum...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!   Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:27 pm

No one on here is saying the siberian husky is grand supreme and the only breed that deserves to be promoted to be saved. This is a husky forum. We discuss HUSKIES on here. You are not going to a pit supporter popping up on here and let you know what pit bulls they need someone to pull or that they have available to adopt. How does it not make sense for someone who is on a husky board, because they love huskies, to only post about husky related adoptions on a BREED SPECIFIC forum? I'd think a breed specific forum = breed specific posts, makes sense (not saying that it's not OK to post other breed listings on here, just that it's unlikely).

There's not really any feelings to understand here. Unless we want members to just to say peace out because they're being scolded at on a husky forum for advertising (only) huskies and having their character questioned, there's no need to make someone feel bad about doing SOMETHING good. She could be sitting on her butt not minding what happens to any dogs at all..
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

PostSubject: Re: Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!   Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:30 pm

wow i was just point out others, that was it. I meant nothing by it. sry for such an uproar. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!   Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:34 pm

/GROUPHUG

Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! Grouphug1

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!   Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:40 pm

I'm the 2nd to last one.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

PostSubject: Re: Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!   Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 11:43 pm

I'm the 4th from the left Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!   Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Sibes on Craigslist in Charlotte!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next