It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

someone keep me off craigslist...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

Female Join date : 2012-03-30

someone keep me off craigslist... Empty
PostSubject: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 3:19 pm

so i decided to just 'browse' the pets section on the orlando craigslist today and good lord someone needs to keep me away! I found not one, but three huskys ranging from 3 months to two years on there, and those poor babies are all probably just being sold for profit. If i didn't already have Snow and her two 'non husky' siblings, along with a 2 year old and a husband i would probably end up buying all of them just to make sure they have a good home!
so....with that being said, if anyone in Orlando is looking to save a husky, check out those ads.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 5:25 pm

Yeah, don't go on there. lol. There's always a husky or two there. I sometimes contact the people and say rescue can take them, like I contacted two different people with husky puppies they just had to get rid of ASAP due to no time and having to move and one never even got back to me while the other wanted $850 for the puppy. Haha...if every rescue paid $800 for their dogs, they'd be broke by the first puppy! lol. I do give them a list of things to ask potential homes and a few tips on picking a good home in the hopes that the puppy ends up in a decent home.

someone keep me off craigslist... Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 5:37 pm

Damn you. lol. I just looked and now I'm e-mailing about that malamute puppy! Sheesh! But I'm sure they want money for him too.

Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 5:40 pm

A bit off topic
I was looking at the CL here in Tulsa I saw about 6 different ads for Bunnies. It pissed me off the reason they are there is because this is the week before Easter people will get them and in 4 week or less they will be back on there cause the people that got them don't want them anymore.

Sorry for the rant. Mad

I really should keep off of CL myself there is so many dogs that need homes.

Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 6:12 pm

I know it's so sad Sad Our local animal shelters get FULL of bunnies after Easter.

Bunnies are a lot of work! We've had our double mane Lionhead bunny for 4 year's now and after him I will NEVER own another one! They smell so bad and shoot out poop like a machine gun! It's like never ending lol!

Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 6:34 pm

lmao so sorry!!
i emailed about the 1 year old boy...i couldn't help myself.
they are asking $450 for him and the only thing he has is a rabies shot, so that was a no go. esp with him being unaltered. Snow is not fixed yet and I do NOT want her to have to go through another litter of pups, only god knows how many she has already had.

Any word back from the malamute/husky mix boy? im curious to see if they know who the parents are, as snow gave birth around the time they are saying he was born, and where her litter ended up is a mystery to me, i was wondering if id ever find any of them on there.

As for the bunnies - they are everywhere! Ive never owned one, but my brother adopted one from the shelter about two years ago as an easter gift for my sister in law...and that little guy, or big guy i should say is so weird. It is more like a dog than anything and roams free in his backyard. At any given time you can walk outside and it will be sunbathing by the pool.....with poop EVERYWHERE. I think between the husky, beagle and greyhound a bunny wouldn't last 5 minutes around my house.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 8:29 pm

The woman who has Seamus also has a Rabbit rescue. She says she spends more of her time convincing people to NOT get rabbits than adopting them. lol

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 8:36 pm

So far no word from the malamute puppy people and I highly doubt they will respond since I made it clear that the rescue couldn't pay for the puppy (like what they paid the breeder or pet store). I actually bet they bred that puppy themselves and are just trying to sell it and claim it is only because they are moving so they don't get flagged. But I did put a list of things to help them find a good home for the puppy.

Ugh. My mom just sent me a CL's posting of someone giving away a 1yr old husky in Kissimmee. I think she's going to get her friend who lives down there to get her. She is cute, so hopefully it won't be too hard to find her a home.

Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 9:41 pm

Snow came from Kissimmee...I just saw the posting for the free girl....if she doesn't get her let me know and I'll at least pick her up and get her shots and spayed if that hasn't been done yet. We are still waiting to take snow to jacksonville to get her spayed, so it can be a group trip lol
If she is picked up...did she come from a girl named Karli? Random question I know..lol

Gotta love the husky stud that was on there too...I wish people would be more responsible...don't get me wrong the 'stud' dog is absolutely beautiful, but still...
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 9:49 pm

The person with the husky never called back, so she may have already found a home. I'll have to check out the "stud." lol.

Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 10:00 pm

Aww that's too bad.

On a side note...we taught snow how to speak today....now if I can just figure out how to make her stop!! She has been getting overly excited and 'talking' to us every time I walk by her. Lol
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 11:24 am

ShawnaAD wrote:
Aww that's too bad.

On a side note...we taught snow how to speak today....now if I can just figure out how to make her stop!! She has been getting overly excited and 'talking' to us every time I walk by her. Lol

LOL

I probably did the same thing with Blaze..
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 11:36 am

Ah she still hasn't stopped.
I grabbed her leash to take her on her morning walk and she started making this whine/bark/howl noise and woke everyone up at 5:30....needless to say the hubby and two year old were not happy haha
I think we did way more harm than good with encouraging her to be vocal.

About the little malamute guy from CL.....they are asking 550 for him...I need to stop going on that section on CL...it's just so tempting when I have to be on the Jobs part posting job ads lol ugh.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 1:18 pm

Ah. That would be why I haven't heard back from them, since I made it clear the rescue couldn't pay for the puppy. Did you call or e-mail them? Did they seem at all interested in finding him a good home or just someone who would pay for him?

Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 4:07 pm

It was through email. Basically someone that would pay that money for him...I told them if they cut that fee in half I'd take him....but no reply after that.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:08 pm

YOu had me curious and I had to look the malamute up. He is so cute! I found this girl on ebay. She is at a shelter near Chicago. I would love to go get her.

http://rockford.ebayclassifieds.com/dogs-puppies/belvidere/husky-nija-medium-adult-female-dog/?ad=18104865&msg=OUT_OF_AREA
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 8:47 pm

She's adorable!
I thought mainly breeders post on eBay...that's where I found my beagle a couple of years ago. Needless to say I havent been on that site in years lol
In the past few days I've seen more huskys on CL than I ever have before. I need to stay away!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 9:09 pm

I've only known about the site for about a year and half and they have breeders, owner surrounders, shelters and rescues on there. I don't know how long Ebayclassifeds have been around though so maybe in the beginning it was mainly breeders.
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 9:18 pm

Kijiji/ebayclassifieds is a bbbbbaaaddd place lol. I always get upset looking at the dogs there. They don't regulate them at all!
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 9:53 pm

Arg so I had to look on there...thanks haha

There is a 10 year old husky at the Seminole county shelter...Sara is that near you? I think it's in Sanford.

That poor old man needs a good home, I don't understand how someone can dump a senior like that.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 10:39 pm

Awww...yeah that's the shelter I foster for. I'll have to go see him. I need to take the kittens in for their shots soon and will look for him.

Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 10:44 pm

You know what, I did see him there. He is so big I thought he was a white GSD.

Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 10:46 pm

Aww..is this the shelter by the flea market? I'm still learning the area...eventhough I've been here for going on a year now lol
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 10:50 pm

It is across the street from the flea market. The one right next to the flea market is the SPCA. They are entered in a big shelter challenge and voting starts Thursday and goes to the 16th. You'll have to vote for them. I'll bump up the thread I made for it on Thursday and you can find more info on my FB page or Seminole County Animal Services FB page.

Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:03 pm

Update on that 1yr old in Kissimmee, the one that was free. My mom's friend went and got her and sent my mom this e-mail.
-----------------------------------
Boy,. thanks for nothing. I went and picked up that girl. We are
taking her into SHRF. Is she a mess. I have never, ever in my whole
life seen a dog with that many fleas. the poor girl was literally
covered. And she is SO timid and scared of people. we didnt want to
really freak her out by bathing her the night we brought her home so we
waited until the next day. The water came off red first, from all the
blood meal that came off her. Then brown from the dirt.
We did the best we could before we took her to the vet. Then they gave
her a capstar and the evacuation began in earnest. The tech took her
back for another bath because it was so disgusting. We were there two
hours using flea combs and trying to get most of them off her. For how
fearful she is here at the house, she was fine having us work on her.
Amazingly she is HW negative. She is very very thin and needs to gain
at least 5-10 pounds before we spay her. He didnt even want to give
her any shots yet. She had hooks, but at least not whips. Back in
ten days for her shots and to weigh her again and hopefully schedule her
spay.

They guy told us she didnt like to be in the house. HAHA. he gave
her to a friend cuz they were having a baby and then the guy brought her
back after two months saying he couldnt keep her, he couldnt handle her,
and he was taking her to the shelter otherwise. I guess thats when he
put the craiglist posting up. She is frightened of everybody and
everything. Obviously no socialization at all as a puppy. She doesnt
even display an interest in my dogs, which is really okay anyway. I am
hopeful that when she starts to feel better she will regain a little
more joy of life. Right now she just lays and watches and runs
whenever i get up. Sometimes if i am petting Piper she will come over
an kind of want to be petted. We will take it slow and see how things go.
----------------------------------

That poor girl. People really suck sometimes. I'll keep you updated on her progress.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: someone keep me off craigslist...   someone keep me off craigslist... Empty

Back to top Go down

someone keep me off craigslist...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next