It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash   Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 10:13 am

Oh geez Claudia! They took you down again? affraid I must admit that they ALMOST did take me down a few days ago. They saw a cat and I didn't notice before hand. Thank goodness for the prong collars or I would have been dragged down the street...that's for sure!!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash   Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 10:59 am

Yep, that would be the second time they took me down...unless I wear cleats on grass, I'd still be grass surfing if I was prepared....I've only got 5 lbs over them!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash   Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:49 pm

I received their leashes yesterday and yep, LOVE THEM, LOVE THEM, LOVE THEM!!! It even seems like they pull less with them scratch Maybe it's just me, but seriously they don't even pull too hard the first 5min. I went jogging with them this morning also and the leashes are super comfy and very easy to control them with.

Thanks for all of the advise guys!!!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash   Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:33 pm

You guys inspired me to finally get a flat out leash! Been dying for a waist leash! It comes next week!

The Ruff Wear Flat out leash is on sale for $19.95 at Rocky Mountain Trail! I didn't buy $35 so had to pay shipping but got an extra $2 off with the 2nd coupon here:
http://discounts.deallocker.com/coupon/rockymountaintrail.com/
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash   Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:16 pm

Woohooo, it's so exciting when you're waiting for a leash to arrive...or anything for them in general actually. Maybe that's just me though..LOL!! Razz
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash   Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 7:50 pm

MelissaI wrote:
Woohooo, it's so exciting when you're waiting for a leash to arrive...or anything for them in general actually. Maybe that's just me though..LOL!! Razz

Yes! I buy more for the pups than myself these days! Smile Our 2nd husky cam comes in today too! woohoo!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash   Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:17 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
MelissaI wrote:

Yes! I buy more for the pups than myself these days! Smile Our 2nd husky cam comes in today too! woohoo!

Haha, you and me both! You and me both! lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash   Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 11:28 pm

I seriously love the leash Mel. I'll probably never use another leash with them aside from when hiking or running (and same goes with that top rope collar). I am a huge collar and leash fanatic which makes it hard for me to stick to just the Ruffwear favs I have, but they are the most reliable and comfy ones so I am trying to resist buying more collars aside from holidays.. sigh.

And yeah, I feel you guys on the dogs > myself spending. When we got our DITY money from the Army and made a major profit of 3K, I ended up buying Koda his little sister and getting them a few months worth of food and treats + all the new stuff I needed for Rogue.. uhg I am a mess.
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash   Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:43 am

I know I'm late, but I don't know if you saw the Knot-a-coupler and Knot-a-long — I also don't know if you wanted to purposely keep them separate while walking, but it looks like a great option for two dogs. When we get another pup (not that I'm looking or anything... *cough cough*) I'll probably pick up that setup.

I'm personally a knot-a-leash fanatic myself. Heck, I'm a Ruffwear fanatic but part of that is I get everything at 10% off wholesale so it makes it impossible to even look at other companies!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash   Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 1:07 am

Psssst Riley you should hook me up with a small harness Wink Wink Wink

I am a fanatic too. I have so much of their crap it's ridiculous. I have every harness and backpack, 4 leashes, probably 5 collars, I had the booties but they didn't work out lol.. I seriously can never express my love for this company. I just need to get another harness and then eventually get a 2nd collar and leash for Rogue and then a coupler. I wish the knot a leash coupler had a secure clip though, if I was handy and trusted myself I'd try to put a carabiner on their manually.

I know they're pricey but so worth it. I've had Koda's harness for 3 years and it's 100% holding up, just a little dirty some places.
Back to top Go down
TheBadGuppy
Teenager
Teenager
TheBadGuppy

Female Join date : 2013-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash   Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 12:50 pm

Hello! I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to ask people, who have the flat out leash, whether that clip where the handle is is strong enough? Gus is learning how to loose leash walk right now, and is improving very quickly! However, if he sees a squirrel... it's game over. My biggest fear is that the handle clip will break when he bolts!
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash   Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:05 pm

I have the Flat Out and love it! I haven't had any problems with the clip on the handle, though it does make me a little nervous sometimes. If he starts to pull a bit more, I just shift my hand around so I'm holding more of the loop and the top of the leash. It's super handy to be able to quick clip him to something or put it around my waist!
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash   Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 1:23 pm

I know you asked about the flat-leash, but I have the knot-a-leash. It has a very strong locking carabiner that clips to the collar and hasn't failed me yet! I'm sure the flat-out leash is great as well. Ruffwear makes very quality products; you won't be disappointed with whatever you pick.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash   Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 4:55 pm

I had the flat out leash for a short period with Asia and the clip did make me nervous too, though it never broke or unclipped. I just prefer the knot a leash, like Jackie said, the locking carabiner gives you all the piece of mind in the world. If the clip on the flat out makes you nervous as well, then I would suggest get a small dog coupler and putting it through the "handle" part at the bottom and tying that to Gus as well. If by any chance it actually unclips you have a back up.
Back to top Go down
TheBadGuppy
Teenager
Teenager
TheBadGuppy

Female Join date : 2013-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash   Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 5:04 pm

Thanks for all your input! I like the flat out because of its versatility to clip around my waist when we're training. With a clicker, treats, AND his leash, i just don't have enough hands Razz

I'm not so worried about the clip that connects to his harness as I think that's metal. It's the plastic clips that make me nervous. BUT then again, his easy walk harness has 2 of those, and i think they are probably not as strong as the ruffwear ones anyways Razz

I think our doggy daycare carries these so i'm going to check them out tonight. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash   Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 6:38 pm

If ur planning on using to put around ur waste, id find something else. It might the leash to short when i had it around my waste. Im a 200lb guy so maybe thay had something to do with it. Other than that though i absolutely love the flat out leash! I am going to try to convert it to a chain leash though cause koda has a biting the leash problem.
Back to top Go down
seanbrunett
Teenager
Teenager
seanbrunett

Male Join date : 2013-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash   Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 3:47 pm

MelissaI wrote:
I received their leashes yesterday and yep, LOVE THEM, LOVE THEM, LOVE THEM!!! It even seems like they pull less with them  scratch Maybe it's just me, but seriously they don't even pull too hard the first 5min. I went jogging with them this morning also and the leashes are super comfy and very easy to control them with.

Thanks for all of the advise guys!!!
This was about 2 years ago. Any complaints about the Knot-A-Leash? Is it only a leash to wear around the waist? I'm shopping for a new leash for Kai right now and would love the flexibility of a hand-held and waist worn. She's still young and we can't go hiking yet, so I'm going to hold off on the Roamer Leash, but wanted to hear your thoughts about the Knot-A-Leash. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash   Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 4:28 pm

The knot-a-leash isn't meant to be worn around your waist. It's just a leash with a carabiner.

The Roamer Leash is the one that converts from handheld to around the waist.

But, if you are asking about the Knot-a-Leash, I LOVE mine. I'd had it for over a year now and it's my absolute favorite, both for walks, running, and hikes. (That is, when I'm not using the Alpine Outfitters belt/line.)
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash   Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 4:30 pm

The flat out is the one that converts. I have that one and love it. I do use the waist feature, which is nice for some things, especially training.
Back to top Go down
seanbrunett
Teenager
Teenager
seanbrunett

Male Join date : 2013-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash   Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 4:35 pm

katiesham wrote:
The knot-a-leash isn't meant to be worn around your waist. It's just a leash with a carabiner.

The Roamer Leash is the one that converts from handheld to around the waist.

But, if you are asking about the Knot-a-Leash, I LOVE mine. I'd had it for over a year now and it's my absolute favorite, both for walks, running, and hikes. (That is, when I'm not using the Alpine Outfitters belt/line.)
Thanks for the recommendation! I've read a ton of great things about the Knot-A-leash. The only negative that I saw is that the carabiner loosens up. Have you experiences this at all?
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash   Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 5:49 pm

Not at all. I've read that some people have problems with the little lock thing loosening (as in, it won't stay in place), but mine works fine. I always just have it unlocked, and it shifts maybe once a month.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash   Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ruff Wear Leash - Flat Out OR Knot-a-Leash

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2