It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think? Empty
PostSubject: Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think?   Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:37 pm

so i wanted to order new ruff wear collars today but have no idea what size M or L? anyone have an idea? i know i could wait and check when i get home but i found a good deal and wanted to do them now. they have the small as 11"–20" and the large as 14"–28"
http://www.ruffwear.com/DoubleBack-Collar
this is the one im looking at.
please post all your reviews good and band of this company and the product. i always hear they are the best for active dogs and would like to know based on use by you or friends.

The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think?   Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:46 pm

I would get the large.

Collars are just collars to me. If it's made of nylon webbing it's going to hold up well. I've never had any collar break or fail, even the glued together kind with chintzy plastic still look fine. The flaking of reflective material on the 3M stuff is the only problem I've had. Just made new ones for the Malamutes to match their harnesses.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think?   Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 7:53 pm

well after Jack broke Sierra's I went with one that has a metal cover on the clip and we have a buckle collar for Jack that he came with and not much room for adjustments so I though I would get them both a new one, I like the separate hook for the tags, we have hooked the leash a few times to the tags and it has not been a good thing! hey do you think you could make a harnesses for my two? I will pay...

The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think?   Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think? EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:00 pm

Some x-backs? I haven't worked on the hiking ones yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think?   Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 5:35 am

Jenn, I don't know how thick your dog's necks are, but I have a LOT of extra room in a large with Koda (in the buckle collar, I never ordered a large for the doubleback but i would think the measurements are the same). I have the camo one in a large, as I got it really cheap at a store and it was the only size, so I figured it'd be fine when he is at daycare. As for a large, no way, the large isn't even remotely tight enough to where I wouldn't be afraid of his backing out. The medium sits very nicely though- both for the doubleback and the other collar. Koda is relatively small though- isn't there a store that carries them there?
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think?   Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 2:26 pm

harrise wrote:
Some x-backs? I haven't worked on the hiking ones yet.
Yes im looking for those Smile let me know when you get to work on them Smile Heather i need to look for some stores around here but there are better deals online for them.

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think?   Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 3:14 pm

I think Heather means try them on in the store, and then order them online Wink

Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think? Hailey10
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think?   Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think? EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 3:20 pm

I know that but i have just gotten mad cause i have gone to some stores listed as a ruff wear vendor and they have like 3 things i guess i just need to make phone calls for the things im looking for and like i said i found a deal and wanted to do it fast. still thinking about ordering them.

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think?   Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think? EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 12:59 am

That is how it was with most dealers here, but look for a place for sporting dogs- think of "REI for dogs." That's what the store here is like. Called Travel Hounds Wink Where is this online discount? I am wanting to get a friend a doubleback but they're marked up in stores a little and the shipping from Ruffwear is horrid!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think?   Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think? EmptyFri May 28, 2010 3:45 pm

So i bought Jack the hoopie collar and i have to say so fare it is holding up after about 4 months and still looks brand new. the only down fall i see is it being 1" thick it really makes Jack's fur stick up around it. I will not be getting this one for Sierra and the knot-a-just collar had to many people talking of it getting lose on the dog so im still on the hunt for a new collar for Sierra and her thick fur. As far as my price hunting has gone i found most stores are the same price as RW online and the "deals" on line were good if i was buying more as the shipping still sucked

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think?   Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 7:40 pm

Anyone check out the new line they put out on the 1st? BackconturyK9 is having a sale on them, might get the new collars with metal clip

Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think?   Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 9:50 pm

I said this earlier on another string, but it's worth repeating- I would not trust any collar with a plastic quick release if this collar is attached to the leash. As a collar for ID, it's fine.
My second husky's breeder told me to beware of quick release collars, and I've used a limited slip collar ever since. It just can't come off unless you've got it set too loose. Set right, it won't slip over the dog's head.
Back to top Go down
beck3465
Teenager
Teenager
beck3465

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think?   Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think? EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 10:28 pm

I like the rolled leather collars. I have one for Braiden and it works great. It is just for ID/tags, since I always use a harness and leash. Skyla has a purple gemstone collar (leather) which again is just for ID/tags. Both are buckle collars and have held up well. I just bought a neat leather buckle collar for Max from hotdogcollars.com which has his name embroidered on it. I swear these dogs can break the bank with all the leashes, collars, harnesses, and on and on.......LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think?   Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ruff Wear- topline for dogs. what do you think?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1