It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

I Stalk Husky owners...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

I Stalk Husky owners... Empty
PostSubject: I Stalk Husky owners...   I Stalk Husky owners... EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 4:34 pm

Come on now i know we all do it! do you have a best stalking moment? i can't think of one that sticks out in my mind but here are some of the times i have stopped people.
just last night we got to the dog park and a guy was leaving with his husky and i jumped out of the car and asked him to stay and go back in to the park, HE DID!
i have stopped people in our neighborhood while walking ours and they had their husky's out as well.
i have stopped my car while driving to talk to people walking their huskies.
i have pulled up to another car with huskies in it while i had mine in my car and that was not a good move as the other cars huskies all most jumped out the window.
i think that covers most of my stalking. lets hear yours!

Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: I Stalk Husky owners...   I Stalk Husky owners... EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 10:28 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: I Stalk Husky owners...   I Stalk Husky owners... EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 11:22 am

HA! This might be one of those things you're alone on, Jenn. I rarely interact with people more than, "good morning". Sometimes though, people stalk me and we get stuck talking and answering questions for a few minutes. But no, I don't do that. Heh.
Back to top Go down
TrippleX
Newborn
Newborn
TrippleX

Male Join date : 2010-08-08

PostSubject: Re: I Stalk Husky owners...   I Stalk Husky owners... EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 2:36 pm

Thats kind of creepy Jenn. You stalker....

.... Just kidding lol.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: I Stalk Husky owners...   I Stalk Husky owners... EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 9:07 am

Jenn- I'm totally with you on this, I've just been trying to think of good examples.

The best I can do right now is that we were eating lunch on a terrace with friends I haven't seen in years. We saw a husky across the street and we all oo-ed and ahhed. Had he been on our side of the street, I would have said something Smile But instead I put my glasses on to get a better look. The man kept walking and the husky was really pulling on the leash, so I commented "Oh yeah, he pulls too!" Romeo and my friends were like, "What?" Apparently the conversation at the table had continued without me. I must have been staring for quite a few minutes. LOL. Ooops!

I Stalk Husky owners... Hailey10
Back to top Go down
myhusky
Newborn
Newborn
myhusky

Male Join date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: I Stalk Husky owners...   I Stalk Husky owners... EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 5:07 am

Haha bit of a stalker there aren't ya? Razz

We talk to people about the dogs and breeds in dog parks, haven't talked to any random people on the street yet though. Had a real good chat to a Sibe owner today, found so many similarities between his Austin and our Logan.

We've had a couple semi-stalkers though. Out walking Logan people always slow down as they drive past, a couple people have driven past more than once. Figure they most turn around and come back.
Back to top Go down
http://myhusky.com.au
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: I Stalk Husky owners...   I Stalk Husky owners... EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 9:12 am

Any time I see someone at the dog park with a husky I usually go running back to my car to get them a flier for my local snowdog group and invite them to join. When I was driving out of my neighborhood, I saw someone walking a husky and I stopped and gave them a flier too! I think she thought I was a little crazy at first, but she went to the next meet-up Smile So I'm in the same boat as you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: I Stalk Husky owners...   I Stalk Husky owners... EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 4:56 pm

Totally pulled this today. John had seen someone walking a husky in our new neighborhood and I yelled at him for not stopping and talking to him. Well, I was driving today and saw the husky and her owner walking, so I totally pulled to the side, rolled down my window and started a conversation (hoping to get playdates!)

However... the man was not really all there. I'm going to keep an eye out for him. Apparently they had a tenant who just abandoned the husky girl (beautiful little girl with GREAT leash manners!) with them. Now they have two dogs and are trying to get rid of one. If I still see them walking in a month or two and she's still just as skinny, I may take her in. What a pretty black and white girl she is!

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: I Stalk Husky owners...   I Stalk Husky owners... EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 5:09 pm

HAHA you so pulled a me! see im not really that crazy.... bounce

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: I Stalk Husky owners...   I Stalk Husky owners... EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 5:21 pm

No, I don't stalk but have been stalked when I'm out walking Ginger. I sometimes think people in my neighborhood have never seen a husky before. They either ask what her breed is, or ask if she's a wolf hybrid. Seriously?? But they all say she's so pretty! One woman driving that had her blinker to turn left, changed her mind to turn right to pull up at the curb, roll her window down to say, 'That's the most georgeous dog I've ever seen!' I told her thank you, and mentioned there are many more at the rescue just as beautiful that needs a good home if she wants to adopt one! Very Happy

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: I Stalk Husky owners...   I Stalk Husky owners... EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 5:41 pm

I can say I'm a husky stalker too! I will definitely do anything in my power to stop and talk to somebody walking a husky...lol! I know that I'm not the only one in Miami though as I've gotten it done to me while walking Mya.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: I Stalk Husky owners...   I Stalk Husky owners... EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 6:01 pm

I do this ALL the time! Quite a few times i've stopped short because i've seen someone walking their Husky down the sidewalk and I stop to talk Husky with them. It's surprising really how many people either don't like their Huskies or can't imagine why someone would have more than 1. It's a little sad Sad

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: I Stalk Husky owners...   I Stalk Husky owners... EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 6:04 pm

arooroomom wrote:
I do this ALL the time! Quite a few times i've stopped short because i've seen someone walking their Husky down the sidewalk and I stop to talk Husky with them. It's surprising really how many people either don't like their Huskies or can't imagine why someone would have more than 1. It's a little sad Sad
Exactly how I felt about this guy... he didn't appreciate her really at all and it makes me want to keep an eye out for her. I want her in a loving husky home, not a home that's trying to get rid of her. He didn't dislike her at all, just clearly didn't appreciate her huskiness. But at least he walks her a lot! That's twice in less than a week we've seen him Smile

Back to top Go down
haleyh_08
Puppy
Puppy
haleyh_08

Female Join date : 2009-12-18

PostSubject: Re: I Stalk Husky owners...   I Stalk Husky owners... EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 6:17 pm

My mom and dad were in line at McDonalds and there was a couple in line ahead of them who had a husky in the back seat.
My father proceeded to get out of the car, and go to their window to talk to them about their husky.
He also followed them as they drove threw the line.
hahaha.. gotta love other husky lovers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/haleyh_08
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: I Stalk Husky owners...   I Stalk Husky owners... EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 2:39 pm

I'm not one to approach strangers, so on the rare occasion I see a husky, I'm the one that stops and stares, appreciatingly, to their unique beauty. I get stopped all the time with mine, though. I feel like it's always the same conversation...."Is that a Husky?" "I've always wanted one" etc..

I love it when I hear kids ask their parents as they pass by ..... " Mom, dad, did you see that snow dog?" It makes me smile.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: I Stalk Husky owners...   I Stalk Husky owners... EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 3:19 pm

26nikita wrote:
I love it when I hear kids ask their parents as they pass by ..... " Mom, dad, did you see that snow dog?" It makes me smile.
Met a young girl in the vet's office that knew exactly what breed they were and that they were snow dogs. It definitely made me smile Smile

Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: I Stalk Husky owners...   I Stalk Husky owners... EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 6:33 pm

I get the "is that a wolf" ALL THE TIME!!! I've even had older Hispanic people (I'm in Miami) argue with me that my dog is indeed a wolf..lol. I'm like nope not a wolf, trust me...lol

The kids are the cutest though when they say "omg, it's a snow dog!"
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: I Stalk Husky owners...   I Stalk Husky owners... EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 6:52 pm

lol my favorite part are when kids are like omg mom a snow dog!! and they come running over and their moms are yelling no don't touch those dogs they aren't behaved Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: I Stalk Husky owners...   I Stalk Husky owners... EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 6:55 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
lol my favorite part are when kids are like omg mom a snow dog!! and they come running over and their moms are yelling no don't touch those dogs they aren't behaved Rolling Eyes

Yep, yep. I tell them...my dogs love kids...they won't do anything...believe that. Then when they let the kids touch them and see how sweet they are then they come over. Ughhh. They're the sweetest things towards people and ESPECIALLY kids!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: I Stalk Husky owners...   I Stalk Husky owners... EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 9:14 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: I Stalk Husky owners...   I Stalk Husky owners... EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 11:32 pm

hahaha i used to Be a Huge Husky Stalker ... now i find Them Stalking me w My Girls
Back to top Go down
Lokipaws
Puppy
Puppy
Lokipaws

Female Join date : 2010-12-27

PostSubject: Re: I Stalk Husky owners...   I Stalk Husky owners... EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 8:38 am

I am a tooootal husky stalker. Prior to adopting Loki I would ask to pet any husky I ran into... and we don't run into many!

Now I am being stalked. Huskies aren't very common in my area so when I took Loki to our local pet store and then to petsmart we got stopped alot! Almost more than when we walk the pug. LOL! Yuki gets a lot of attention too. People were like "OMG He is soooo gorgeous!" I was like thankies! ^_^ I also met a lady who works at petsmart who has a male husky who looks like loki except has lobo eyes. He is so cute! She gave me her number and said if we ever wanted to meet up with her to let her know! I considered making a husky meetup group in my area ^_^ I know of 2 huskies from a local dog park that are very awesome dogs and their owner is always at the dog park.
Back to top Go down
j.gabriel
Puppy
Puppy
j.gabriel

Female Join date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: I Stalk Husky owners...   I Stalk Husky owners... EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 12:26 pm

It seems like where I am, Huskies are a rarity. I took mine to watch a parade, and every one was oo-ing and ahh-ing over him. I got stopped multiple times to talk about him, and we even got stopped twice so people could take his picture! lol!
Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: I Stalk Husky owners...   I Stalk Husky owners... EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 1:21 pm

Ha .. I LOve That .. I Take Mine to The Local Street Bike store .. And Omg They wanted Pixx and Started to Feel Uncomforable .. A million Questions But Im a Proud Momma ... But I Hate when ppl say Awww HE is Soo Cute .. WIth a PINK Collar & Leash !!~ Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Lokipaws
Puppy
Puppy
Lokipaws

Female Join date : 2010-12-27

PostSubject: Re: I Stalk Husky owners...   I Stalk Husky owners... EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 1:38 pm

Muddy~Mira wrote:
But I Hate when ppl say Awww HE is Soo Cute .. WIth a PINK Collar & Leash !!~ Evil or Very Mad

LOL! Coal gets called a girl all the time. He was neutered early and his manhood is a bit ermm.. dinky? LOL! Shocked He is also very prancy when he runs... Poor guy Razz

Loki gets stopped a lot and so does Yuki, and when we took both of them to petsmart it was like every isle. OMG LOOK SNOW DOG..... OMG is that a pug? LOL!

Coal normally gets complimented because he is the most obedient dog while out on a leash in public. He sits calmly, doesn't really freak out around other dogs (took a lot of coaching and training!) and he accepts strangers pretty easily. Sometimes he can get protective if we are in a new area and will bark but he calms down as long as the situation isn't stressful.

I have an awesome bunch of dogs so I am pretty proud Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Stalk Husky owners...   I Stalk Husky owners... Empty

Back to top Go down

I Stalk Husky owners...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next