It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Ohio January Meet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

Female Join date : 2012-07-03

Ohio January Meet - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 25, 2012 12:05 am

That sounds good to me... Just need a time and place lol
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:19 am

I sent four of you private messages except Abby, as I texted you. We were thinking Sunday December 2nd, place would be Caesar's Creek, time would be sometime around noon most likely. Your thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 9:59 pm

So far ashleylou, bellecma, mayaandsophie, and I are all going! Hope to get the other two replies (hint ashley&belukha and KotaBear) Razz
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 10:08 pm

Did you put a notice in the pet section of Craigslist? If not do so. We've had 2 meet so far I put ad in Craiglist's and just keep renewing it when they allow me to. The first meet I think we had 8 or 9 Huskies of varied pedigree. Nov 17th our second try we had 18 Huskies or Malamutes.

Pics on my Fartbook account: Len Che

(I believe its public)
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 10:13 pm

Here4thePics wrote:
Did you put a notice in the pet section of Craigslist? If not do so. We've had 2 meet so far I put ad in Craiglist's and just keep renewing it when they allow me to. The first meet I think we had 8 or 9 Huskies of varied pedigree. Nov 17th our second try we had 18 Huskies or Malamutes.

Pics on my Fartbook account: Len Che

(I believe its public)

I didn't but I may try that next time. This is my first trial meet so I'm gonna try to keep it small and organized so I can gain experience for next time. Still gotta figure out who all is coming and where to meet etc XD
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 10:51 pm

It's supposed to be in the high 50's or even in the 60's Sunday, yay! Smile
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 11:04 pm

MayaAndSophie wrote:

Yay! It will be a great day for walking! Since it gets dark so early would anyone object to moving the walk up to noon?
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 11:08 pm

Now to convince Josie that hanging out with a mentally unstable boy is not as fun as walking a husky....
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 11:57 pm

Mobezilla wrote:
MayaAndSophie wrote:

Yay! It will be a great day for walking! Since it gets dark so early would anyone object to moving the walk up to noon?

i cant wait im really excited for mine and sapphiras first meet (: we should be there around 11 30 if we leave at 9, i hope i can get my bf out of bed that early on a weekend lol just wondering should i print the map off? ive never been to ceasars creek but it looks really big on the map...
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:17 am

You probably should. I don't know my way around and it's huge! I always just follow Julia around. Anyone mind if Julia comes with her GSD? Or is it a husky only meet up? I asked her if she wanted to come but she said she doesn't have a husky. And since it's a husky meet up she didn't want to intrude.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:19 am

MayaAndSophie wrote:
You probably should. I don't know my way around and it's huge! I always just follow Julia around. Anyone mind if Julia comes with her GSD? Or is it a husky only meet up? I asked her if she wanted to come but she said she doesn't have a husky. And since it's a husky meet up she didn't want to intrude.

I don't mind if she comes. Plus we need a guide.. I don't know my way around Razz

(I won't be bringing Cloud, only Yuki, so maybe I could help you walk a husky if you wanted Abby lol)
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:26 am

I'm debating about having them on short leads or their 50' leads. I'm worried Kay and Sophie will try and play with all the dogs on the long leads. Maya won't because she's "on the job." Maybe if I put the pack on Kay she'll feel like Maya does. Though Sophie didn't try and play with Yuki so maybe she'll be okay.

Sure you can try to walk one, if your up for the challenge. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:29 am

MayaAndSophie wrote:
I'm debating about having them on short leads or their 50' leads. I'm worried Kay and Sophie will try and play with all the dogs on the long leads. Maya won't because she's "on the job." Maybe if I put the pack on Kay she'll feel like Maya does. Though Sophie didn't try and play with Yuki so maybe she'll be okay.

Sure you can try to walk one, if your up for the challenge. Twisted Evil

I'm going to have Yuki on her regular 6 ft lead because I'm afraid with 5+ dogs the 50ft leads would get too tangled! And I don't mind I'm just offering if you can't get Josie to come along tehe xD
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 12:34 am

Yeah, I might just bring them in case Maya and Kay want to go swimming or something. I only have one 6ft lead. Sad Maya and Kay will walk okay, Sophie will be the challenge.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 9:56 pm

We are meeting at a beach called uscg auxilary? It should be somewhere around the dot on the map.
Ohio January Meet - Page 2 15gc6xy
Back to top Go down
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:28 am

Thunderstorm right now. I'm going to check weather before hitting the road.
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 11:52 am

so is everyone still going? i checked the weather and its supposed to rain all day...
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:00 pm

Sigh, it was supposed to be nice all day. Let me check with Abby.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Well Abby still hasn't texted me back but the rain seems to be going further right. I'm gonna bring my rain jacket, are you guys still up for it? Razz
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:18 pm

we might be a little late but were game see you in a few hours
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:20 pm

How late? and how about you belle?
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:22 pm

well if we leave now we should get there on time, but we might be about 10 mins or so late ill text you so you have my number
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:36 pm

I'm still trying to figure it out, we're debating on cancelling. Weekends are really the only time I can go on a walk without Cloud and then I work all next weekend so todays really my only chance for a walk until January.
Back to top Go down
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:38 pm

I think we are going to stay home this time. She just had loose stool and that might not be good for an hour car ride if you know what I mean!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 12:45 pm

Alright I think we'll reschedule this for another time. Freaking rain ruining my day xD I work next weekend so we're looking at the the 15th or 16th if I'm not working?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ohio January Meet

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next