It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Ohio January Meet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

Ohio January Meet Empty
PostSubject: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 10:28 pm

I've seen a few of us Ohians (mainly in the cincinatti/dayton area) have been looking for a meet-up! I'm not predominantly in the Cincinatti area, so maybe someone can chime in as to a place we can all meet up at for a walk in the woods (metro park for example). Also, need some chime-ins for dates, gonna be sometime in January obviously. We were thinking Caesar's creek!

Last edited by Mobezilla on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

Ohio January Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:04 pm

I'm in for either one! If it's at a dog park I'll most likely bring only Kay and Sophie since maya isn't too good with small dogs or puppies Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Ohio January Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:14 pm

MayaAndSophie wrote:
I'm in for either one! If it's at a dog park I'll most likely bring only Kay and Sophie since maya isn't too good with small dogs or puppies Rolling Eyes

And if its a walk you better get yourself a walking belt for those three! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Ohio January Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:19 pm

Josie'll probably come to walk Kay, unless she's in school. I really want one of those waist leashes, I just don't know where to find them.
Back to top Go down
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

Ohio January Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:54 am

Lola doesn't do well with small dogs either. So walking/hiking is better for us. Maybe a walk at Sharon Woods? Depends on which direction you all are coming from. After November 9th works well for me. I work ever other Saturday. If you tell me where you are at in the area, I can toss out other ideas.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Ohio January Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:33 am

Abby (poster above) and I are both from the Centerville area, about an hour north of you. I drive down to South Lebanon for work all the time though so we can come down to the Cincy area
(we'll carpool). Although @Abby, its gonna be fun having three huskies and josie in the backseat XD
Back to top Go down
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

Ohio January Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:46 am

I don't live in Cinci but I don't live to far. Depending on the day and where ya'll decide to do it, I may be able to drive up with Kota and Skyler. I think it would be fun!
Back to top Go down
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Ohio January Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 8:50 pm

Has anyone been to Caesar Creek State Park?
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Ohio January Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:23 pm

bellecma wrote:
Yes, but not in a while. Abby may know more about it because she was there more recently than I. @Abby what was it like last time you went?
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

Ohio January Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:38 pm

bellecma wrote:

I haven't been to Caesar Creek in the better part of a decade, but what a nice park! I miss having nice areas like that around.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Ohio January Meet 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Ohio January Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:56 pm

blueeyedghost wrote:
bellecma wrote:

I haven't been to Caesar Creek in the better part of a decade, but what a nice park! I miss having nice areas like that around.

Trust me, I don't take it for granted, the pups and I adore walks in the metro parks! This November/December we'll probably go to Sugarcreek Metro a lot, its pretty close to me and I like the trails Very Happy
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

Ohio January Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:12 pm

Sugarcreek is nice too. I was born in Greenville and then went back to Dayton for grad school in '04-'05. I love how nice the outdoor areas are around there, and I loved the system of bike trails from Dayton to Cinci. I haven't had access to that kind of trail system since I left.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Ohio January Meet 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Ohio January Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:04 pm

The last time i went with Julia was a couple weeks ago and i always love going there. Maya and Sophie did get some ticks one time but we switched the brand of flea and tick preventative that we used and they haven't gotten any since. Also the last time we went we discovered this amazing place and we'll probably go there whenever we go now. I'll post some pics, the girls always have a blast there!
Ohio January Meet Pict0710
Ohio January Meet Pict0810
Ohio January Meet Pict0711\
Then we found this weird bone, anyone know what it is?
Ohio January Meet Pict0811
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Ohio January Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:17 pm

Awh nice pics, Abby you'll have to show us this secret spot if we go there ;]
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Ohio January Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:26 pm

I will, it's beautiful! We didn't take a pic of it unfortunately Sad
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Ohio January Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 12:30 am

So anyway this never really got answered xD Are we deciding on Caesars creek then? in the beginning of December?
Back to top Go down
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Ohio January Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 9:30 am

Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
ashley&belukha
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2012-10-27

Ohio January Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 2:21 pm

I can do caesars creek! Count Beluk and I in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Ohio January Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 10:00 am

So far I've got myself, MayaAndSophie, bellecma, ashley&belukha, amd maybe KotaBear for Caesar's Creek in the beginning of December. I won't my personal work schedule until the next couple weeks, but lets throw out the week (by the way my weeks start on saturday because of work schedule) of November 24th-30th? Once I get my schedule in I'll be able to set the actual day, and if neither of my off days have good weather or it doesnt work for everyone, we'll push it back to the week of December 1st-7th, and again if it doesnt work push it back one more week? I figured if I gave us several day options we could find one that works for everyone, and the weather lol
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

Female Join date : 2012-07-03

Ohio January Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 10:41 pm

this sounds fun can sapphira and i come? im from the toledo area but im sure we could make it (:
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Ohio January Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 1:32 am

ashleylou wrote:
this sounds fun can sapphira and i come? im from the toledo area but im sure we could make it (:
of course you can!! I'll make a date to make sure we can all make it without schedule conflictions! My schedule for the first week of December will be released later this week and I will private message everyone with a possible date and get yes/nos, if there is a no I'll move on to the next date, etc. I haven't forgotten about this I'm still waiting on the schedule lol!
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

Ohio January Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 7:57 pm

Hey any news on your schedule yet? Saturday and Sundays work out best for me...... ;D
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Ohio January Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:01 pm

I need to print out my new schedule but once I do I'll let you know if I have an upcoming weekend off. I think the first week of december is finally out on my schedule Very Happy I was waiting for it.
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

Ohio January Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:55 pm

I was just wondering lol I'm pretty excited it'd be our first husky meet (:
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Ohio January Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 11:11 pm

I'm excited too, but I told myself I'd wait until December LOL. I wanted to wait until Yuki was closer to 6 months so she can handle the walk better than if she were 4 months. I know I work December 1st but then I'm off December 2nd, what do you all think about Sunday, December 2nd, if the weather is good?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ohio January Meet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ohio January Meet   Ohio January Meet Empty

Back to top Go down

Ohio January Meet

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next