It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Beautiful Huskies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Huskies   Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 4:58 am

Awww Mya I love you
Back to top Go down
yukonblue
Newborn
Newborn
yukonblue

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Huskies   Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 10:01 am

She had at least 50huskies for breeding, the runs in my opinion were over crowed. You have to understand that my heart was broken over the lost of Kodiak (I believe that I joined this board when I lost Kodiak, and used the name kokoblue) because the board that I was on was mostly for squirrels and after Kodiak passed, two weeks later a member lost a bunny, that she feed Christmas wrapping paper too, DUH, that everyone went nuts over and Kodiak was forgotten) I got banned from that board as a Super Moderator for coming here, but I got more understand from strangers, when I wrote about Kodiak and than I left because I could not get the picture thing. But you all understood my lost and it gave me comfort, but my heart was still broken, and getting banned for coming here, didn't bother me, people!

Like I said the internet was no help, the money they were asking was just not money I could pay, but I would look at the pictures and wanted another husky so bad. Finally I found that add in the paper and when I saw Yukon, I loved that beautiful face and you know as a puppy they have those dark blue eyes. I had my doubts about her care of her dogs, Yukon was full of puppy do-do on her coat and when we got her out of the run, my husband rubbed her on the grass to try and get some of that off. A good breeder, I think would of had that litter clean and in better conditions, I asked if I could look around and saw a lot that I saw wrong. I did ask if she was checked for her hips, she said yes but my trust was now low, but I wanted Yukon, we bought her on Sunday, she gave me 3 viales of puppies shots that she gave her, and gave her two sub-q injections before we left. Hope that you understand that Yukon licked my face, like she was saying take me away from this, and the lick on my face sealed the deal between me and Yukon, even with my worry about the care of her dogs.

Monday morning we were at the vet for 8am waiting for him to arrive, I wanted this puppy to get a full check up, he gave her the puppy shots starting over, x-rayed her hips and she got a bath. He had no idea that she would get Demodex (red mange) which is genectic, so I called her and told her that she had to stop breeding that pair of dogs, I told her she could call my vet to verify what I was saying.
Those 5 treatments that Yukon had were hard on her body, by the fifth I thought that we would lose her, she came home a limp puppy.

I may of done wrong by giving her the money to continue her breeding, but you have to understand my broken heart, and Yukon healed my heart with one lick. After all the howling from her litter mates (one had an eye infection, I did pay good attention to everything) and her howling to go back. We got her in the car, my husband drove and I held Yukon on my lap, she put her head on my shoulder and slept for the almost 200mile ride home. I kissed her on her head, petted her told her that I loved her and my husband asked "what are you doing?" I told him I trying to bond with her. To this day, as a rather larger dog, she will jump in my lap and try to put her head on my shoulder, so I think she remembers that ride home.

Yes, I gave a BYB her money but I think that I saved Yukon from being used as breeding stock and a life in a run with 20 other dogs. She works all day, and only feeds those dogs at night, with no human attention. I may of done the wrong thing, but I would never regret Yukon.
Back to top Go down
yukonblue
Newborn
Newborn
yukonblue

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Huskies   Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 11:22 am

I tried to do the pictures thing again, and no luck. Ya'll are all younger and I just got a computer and just too old to learn a darn thing. Right now I'm upset with myself, that I can't get it, I will just turn off the computer and try and read my book, Computers for Dummies, don't think that will help, it is on xp and I an running Windows 7 a Gateway laptop. I can do copy and paste but nothing takes, maybe one day I will get it, but don't hold your breath. LOL Thank all the members that have posted instrustions, I wrote them down, followed them step by step. It just me.
Back to top Go down
beck3465
Teenager
Teenager
beck3465

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Huskies   Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 12:50 pm

You absolutely did the right thing taking that puppy away from the breeder. Lucky Yukon!!! I would have a hard time as a breeder because I believe in spending time with the dogs as part of the family. With just three dogs it is time consuming making sure that they get walks and ball play and brushing not to mention feeding and so on. I would like at least one more Husky but then remind myself that I owe the dogs I have quality time. We take all the dogs camping and that involves space issues also. Anyway, welcome back and I think your dog is gorgeous!!!
Back to top Go down
yukonblue
Newborn
Newborn
yukonblue

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Huskies   Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 1:20 pm

I would love to own a pair of huskies, but a breeder I couldn't be. You would have to give me a pint of your blood, I would fingerprint you, run a backround check and knowing me I would not sell one puppy. I took in a little stay female that was pregnant, she had four puppies and I kept them all. She got milk fever, and I rushed her to the vet for a calcium drip to save her life. She didn't want to nurse her puppies so quess who got to feed four puppies, me.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Huskies   Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 7:22 pm

I hate bad BYB's so much (I say bad, cause I don't hate the ones who actually care for the puppies quite so much). Poor Yukon! And yes, a reputable breeder would not let their puppies get covered in poop!

BTW, there really is no point in getting a puppy's hips x-rayed. You get the parent's hips x-rayed and the puppies when they are 2yrs old. You can get them done earlier, but waiting until they are 2 will give you a better picture of what their hips are going to be like when they are older and if they look like they are going to get hip dysplasia.

As for posting photos, I use photobucket.com. It is a free site to upload your pictures to and then you just copy and paste the image [img] code into your post.

Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Huskies   Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Yeah Embry and Zoey are both from BYBs but
not bad ones. I talk to their breeders all the time an were planning to meet Zoeys at the dog park since she kept Zoeys 2 sisters Smile
Back to top Go down
4BangenRange
Puppy
Puppy
4BangenRange

Male Join date : 2011-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Huskies   Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 11:15 pm

Got a story behind her so here is some reading lol sorry.. But first she is 4 years old and her name is Josie.

Story behind her is she was first raised in MN somewhere and lived with someone that was doing day care. And The ppl doing daycare must have wanted to become certified we guess which then they took her to a shelter. She was around 1 year old when she was brought there. Which as she was there a Good friend of mine and his girlfriend found her and got her. They had her for about 2 years. Which Last Sept/Oct/Nov those two got married, found out were gonna have a kid, and bought a house in the city where they were gonna have alot smaller yard. And they were afraid they werent gonna be able to give her the attention she needs so they put her on craigslist. Got a call from someone to come look at her but the day the ppl were gonna come they came over to my house to visit and brought her to (not knowing about them thinking about getting rid of her). Then the next day when they went back home they told me everthing. And i have always wanted a Huskey. So i told them i wanted her. And that with me getting her that they still be able to come see her and everything. So in November of last year is when we got her at the age of 3. Got her on trade of a homemade baby cradle for there expecting baby. So with having her for almost one year now. Im glad i was able to get her Smile

Shes great with kids. and was good with other dogs till this summer Sad. A person that lives up the road has a yellow lab and a huskey. Both those dogs got lose a couple times and found there way down into our yard. In which Josie was getting attack by both dogs at the same time as she would be protecting our other dog and leader of the house a chiwawa. Just to say the owner of those 2 dogs have been fined and had to pay for our dogs medical bills. She got caught in the eye a little bit and it caused an infection. But all is good now with her besides her being very agressive with other dogs depending on how they aprotch her. Im working on getting her better tho. Enuff talking onto the pics....

Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 319600_10150881760225301_844735300_20996430_310564323_n
She now has just learned how to let herself inside the house :/

And who she shares the house with..
Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 Dogs
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Huskies   Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 3:10 am

Josie's super cute! Welcome to the forum! You're really close to me, I'm in Eau Claire!
Back to top Go down
Snowflake20
Puppy
Puppy
Snowflake20

Male Join date : 2011-08-16

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Huskies   Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 12:00 pm

hypers987 wrote:
Durbin has such a regal face! I love you I bet he is a cuddle monster Very Happy

Haha yeah I love his face I hope that he keeps his markings!! As for a being a cuddle monster he is only in the mornings when we are waking up other then that he does not want to be held or anything its funny. Im forcing him to lay with me and holding him like a baby so he gets use to it Laughing
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Huskies   Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 1:12 pm

we all have beautiful huskies regardless of where they came from or how much we paid for them because once they entered our homes and hearts we have done the best we can for them, to give them the best life!

we adopted sierra at age 6 and she is papered and was free
we adopted jack at about 1.5 and he was a $150 donation to the rescue

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Huskies   Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 4:58 pm

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
If you love your dog and they love you back, your dog is beautiful. Smile Money means nothing when your husky is giving you a hug!

Amen to that! Very well put! Very Happy

We adopted our sibe in 2007 from a kill shelter for a measly $100 adoption fee, he doesn't have a proper bite and has a thinner coat that most sibes but to me he is the most gorgeous sibe in the world. Razz

Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 15

Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 _DSC8855

Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 _DSC8904

Puppy
Puppy
4BangenRange

Male Join date : 2011-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Huskies   Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:10 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
Josie's super cute! Welcome to the forum! You're really close to me, I'm in Eau Claire!

Thank you. And yep Eau Claire aint that far at all. I acually work for the city of Eau Claire. and yea I took Josie to the dog park there a few times already. I like it there. Getting to be able to see her run around without a leash is nice. I acually might take her there this weekend if its nice enuff out.

And Huskyluv. That second picture you posted up. Thats a really nice picture..
Back to top Go down
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Huskies   Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 10:56 pm

I got Faolan from a BYB, but he was advertized on Craigslist with a fake story making it sound like he wasn't from a breeder at all. I emailed for pictures and stuff and once I saw those pictures there was no way I was letting him go. I didn't think I could afford his $400 adoption fee (they claimed this was to cover his initial purchase price plus his first shots that they already got him) but I worked it all out and agreed to take him. Only after that did I do a bit of a "background check" on the email address and discovered it was actually a BYB. At that point, though, I just couldn't let him go. I know what BYBs are, I know they're bad for the breed. But I bought Faolan anyways. I couldn't be happier with him! But I'll always feel guilty for paying for him. Then again I don't think his breeders are terrible, I just will never recommend them to anyone. I always tell people I got him from Craigslist if they ask.
Back to top Go down
explosive_panda
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Huskies   Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 2:13 am

Mine was $1400... but he came from a very good breeder. That is what the first owner paid. I got him from him for free because he was moving into a place that didn't allow dogs, which is something I never understand. They have dogs and move somewhere that doesn't allow them, basically means you found an excuse to get rid of the dog.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Huskies   Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 2:22 am

explosive_panda wrote:
Mine was $1400... but he came from a very good breeder. That is what the first owner paid. I got him from him for free because he was moving into a place that didn't allow dogs, which is something I never understand. They have dogs and move somewhere that doesn't allow them, basically means you found an excuse to get rid of the dog.

Not always. Places that allow dogs are usually more expensive and the rent is usually higher each month. They may have suddenly come upon money issues. I try not to judge people's decisions until I know the details. Other people's circumstances may be different.

Val- the last pic of Dakoda is ADORABLE! I can't wait to take Kale to the snow for the first time this year! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
RAHUSKY
Puppy
Puppy
RAHUSKY

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Huskies   Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 10:12 pm

$35 Animal Shelter Special Smile~
Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 L_6ca1b57ece714bdf9bcccbaf7818d0-1
Back to top Go down
http://rahusky.blogspot.com/
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Huskies   Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 6:00 am

Great job!

Back to top Go down
Piper
Puppy
Puppy
Piper

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Huskies   Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 11:38 am

No heavy cash was doled out here but each of my huskies are worth more than gold to me.
Salsa and Jacob (first two dogs in my signature) were given to me, as was Char (next dog). I got them from good mushing kennels. Cougar and Jazz were rescues from the shelter (I got a discount since they were going to to a musher).
So in all, for 5 huskies, I payed $40.
Back to top Go down
http://www.smallmightyracing.weebly.com
HuskyLuvver
Puppy
Puppy
HuskyLuvver

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Huskies   Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 10:16 am

I found a reputabel breeder registered with the AKC.

Amber was bred for show. We paid 500 for her and she is a beautiful girl. The only reason she was not chosen for show was because she is shy. However, as she gets older she is coming out of her shell. I would say wait until you find the right situation for you. This breeder was not in it to make tons of money on the sale of his puppies he just wanted to see them go to good homes and he would rather see the new owners use the money to take care of the puppy. A spoiled little princess she is...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beautiful Huskies   Beautiful Huskies - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Beautiful Huskies

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2