It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Husky Season On Craigslist

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

Husky Season On Craigslist Empty
PostSubject: Husky Season On Craigslist   Husky Season On Craigslist EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 3:32 pm

Does it seem like certain breeds have a spike in surrenders every now and then? Lately on the Denver craigslist I've seen a gang of Huskies (mostly free) for adoption. The free ones go fast of course, but here's a sampling of what's there now for a rehoming fee...
http://denver.craigslist.org/search/pet?query=husky&srchType=A

We're still trying to decide about the next Saint. Weighing rescue versus breeder and the time required to get a pup mountain ready (two years for a pup, six months for a healthy adult). That and seeing their big ol' faces on the rescue sites makes me want to give them a hug and bring them all home.

Wish I had room for a couple of more sleds. I hate seeing how many don't get the proper Husky level of activity. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
snrose
Adult
Adult
snrose

Female Join date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Husky Season On Craigslist   Husky Season On Craigslist EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 4:08 pm

wow...that's crazy
Back to top Go down
CoffeeK8
Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Husky Season On Craigslist   Husky Season On Craigslist EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:10 pm

GAH. That kind of thing makes me so sad. :-( When I win the lottery, my husband and I are buying a huge property in the mountains and taking in all these wonderful dogs...
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Husky Season On Craigslist   Husky Season On Craigslist EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 4:25 pm

Lots of craigslist husky surrenders here in Oklahoma too. My wife and I can unfortunately only rescue one at a time since we have 3 of our own and currently have a foster. It makes me very mad some of the reasons they have for surrendering, people don't value the commitment you need to make when getting an animal. Maybe if we could put a stop to all the over breeding by money grabbing idoits we would have less homeless pets. Yea, Missouri for taking a step in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Husky Season On Craigslist   Husky Season On Craigslist EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 9:28 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Husky Season On Craigslist   Husky Season On Craigslist EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 1:48 am

I think nearly every husky lovers dream is to win the lotto and have a husky ranch! It's Jarod and mine's for sure!

Once, I saw a 1 year old husky on CL for $2,000.......
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Husky Season On Craigslist   Husky Season On Craigslist EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 3:35 am

i was looking at a year old boy on CL, they want $650 for him! he isn't even neutered! Shocked
crazy people
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Husky Season On Craigslist   Husky Season On Craigslist EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 8:50 am

Any dog on craigslist is suppose to be free to a good home or a small rehoming fee. That's not my opinion that is clearly stated as the rules to posting on CL. Please don't support BYB that are using CL to sell dogs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Husky Season On Craigslist   Husky Season On Craigslist EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 2:36 pm

many reasons why Ppl get rid of them are Just Non Sense ... But Thats how I Got Gixx so I Cant complain Smile
Back to top Go down
Lokipaws
Puppy
Puppy
Lokipaws

Female Join date : 2010-12-27

PostSubject: Re: Husky Season On Craigslist   Husky Season On Craigslist EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 3:05 pm

I see a ton on craigslist all the time puppies, young adults, all colors and genders. I always have to steer clear of websites like that although I flag a lot of breeder ads. I have to many animals as it is for my house size and I have to soft of a heart and seeing so many dogs being given away just breaks me up inside. Its hard working at a shelter because its like craigslist magnified by 100X!
People are so impatient and stupid and they get these dogs thinking they come with a "puppies for dumbies" installed in their brains and when they find out the dog has any issues they either re-sell them, throw them in the yard, or they end up in shelters. I figured paying money for a dog I truly love and saving him from a questionable future was worth it. Very Happy

Last edited by Lokipaws on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Husky Season On Craigslist   Husky Season On Craigslist EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 3:30 pm

We have about a posting a day for Huskies looking for homes. And they're all from idiot people who want about $500 a pop. No vaccines, not neutered, ect. ect. ect.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Husky Season On Craigslist   Husky Season On Craigslist EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 3:53 pm

there actually isn't a lot of huskies on criagstlist for where I live, you see a few in the fall and some in summer but it's usually not to bad. There's a 6 month old Free to good home German Shepard pup on there though, soooooo cute Sad
Back to top Go down
Rhet
Puppy
Puppy
Rhet

Male Join date : 2011-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Husky Season On Craigslist   Husky Season On Craigslist EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 5:23 pm

Lordbroll wrote:
Yea, Missouri for taking a step in the right direction.

Yea, it was getting f'ing ridiculous around here. The sheer amount of puppy mills and BYB's was downright obscene.
Back to top Go down
j.gabriel
Puppy
Puppy
j.gabriel

Female Join date : 2011-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Husky Season On Craigslist   Husky Season On Craigslist EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 5:53 pm

arooroomom wrote:
We have about a posting a day for Huskies looking for homes. And they're all from idiot people who want about $500 a pop. No vaccines, not neutered, ect. ect. ect.

The average here for a Husky, not dewormed, or anything, is 850 $. It's crazy! Mine cost me 200 for rescue fee's and 100 to get him fixed through the shelter. When I got my Lab neutered through the vet, it cost me almost 400 $!! For a male!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Husky Season On Craigslist   Husky Season On Craigslist EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 11:40 pm

Both of ours were free Smile We just had to get Hailey spayed. We went through shelter/rescue referrals, so often we skipped the fees and the owners just wanted them to go to a good home (or in Hailey's case, anyone who would take her).

Husky Season On Craigslist Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Ecresi
Newborn
Newborn
Ecresi

Female Join date : 2011-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Husky Season On Craigslist   Husky Season On Craigslist EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 5:24 am

Craigslist is ridiculous around here during the winter for Huskies. Its like everyone decides that it's "Husky season" so lets get rid of our dogs because some idiot who knows nothing about the breed will adopt it. Poor thing will end up in a shelter in less than a month :/
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Husky Season On Craigslist   Husky Season On Craigslist EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 2:28 pm

CoffeeK8 wrote:
GAH. That kind of thing makes me so sad. :-( When I win the lottery, my husband and I are buying a huge property in the mountains and taking in all these wonderful dogs...

LOL! That's what I said right after we adopted Ginger and I started volunteering for our rescue. Now that I answer all these calls from people wanting to surrender their Huskies, I wish I could just say, 'Yes, I'll take them!'

Eventually, a home in the mountains will happen for us. I just wish sooner than later! If it was just me, I'd do it today! I can work from anywhere, but Hubby has an office to go to 4 days out of the work week. Sad

The Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: Husky Season On Craigslist   Husky Season On Craigslist EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 3:59 pm

¿You Colorado folks see how many are missing lately? I've been seeing about three a week that have been lost somehow. Then some guy had his Mal pup taken from his backyard while showering. Bloody hell.
Back to top Go down
SiriusRed
Newborn
Newborn
SiriusRed

Female Join date : 2011-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Husky Season On Craigslist   Husky Season On Craigslist EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 2:01 am

My husky pup (pic in sig) came from Craigslist. Someone paid a small fortune for him then a few weeks later decided they didn't want him and dumped him on CL.

We've been thinking about getting another so I've been on CL again. It has been nothing but a nightmare.

I saw an ad for puppies and responded to it. The guy wanted $350 for non-papered dogs that he was trying to get rid of at 6 weeks with no shots and no worming. He tried to tell me his vet said they didn't need shots or worming until 8 weeks! What an idiot.

Then there was the woman who post about an adult male husky. I asked her for a photo of the dog. She said he was "a typical black and white husky." She sent me a photo of a beautiful husky. We arranged to meet and the dog she tried to sell me was a German Shepherd. I was outraged and when I told her that was not the dog in the picture she sent me, she just shrugged.

Um, then there was the person we arranged to meet with to pick up a dog who never showed up. That was a wasted 45 min. trip up and 45 back.

I really really hate CL!!

Husky Season On Craigslist Siri16wks8
Back to top Go down
Muddy~Mira
Adult
Adult
Muddy~Mira

Female Join date : 2010-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Husky Season On Craigslist   Husky Season On Craigslist EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:17 am

Cl Is Good And Its Bad ... I Got Icon & Gixx From There ... I Found Mira's Breeder On There By Askin Around ... I Think Its good They Turn To Cl To Get em A Home B4 They End up In The Shelter ... BUT I WISH PPL Would REAd More TALk TO MOre PPl B4 They Buy The Breed ... They ARe HIGH Energy .. Like it OR DONT get em .. Its Sad I Wish I could Help They all Too ..

I Am Happy to Report in The 200 Mile Radius Of Me on Cl They Husky COunt Is Real Low right Now Smile
And These Ppl Stealing Them .. OMG Its Goin On Around Here BAd ..
And a Few Run Aways Came Back Or Have Been Found ... They Make Me HAppy
Smile
Back to top Go down
SiriusRed
Newborn
Newborn
SiriusRed

PostSubject: Re: Husky Season On Craigslist   Husky Season On Craigslist EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 10:26 pm

So, like I said we've been considering getting another husky and we've had zero luck on craigslist. So today we visited the city animal shelter and found this guy:

Husky Season On Craigslist Husa

There's a one week holding period during which an owner may claim him. If they don't we can go get him in a week.
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: Husky Season On Craigslist   Husky Season On Craigslist EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 10:58 pm

Dang that was fast! This is going to be one long week.
Back to top Go down
SiriusRed
Newborn
Newborn
SiriusRed

PostSubject: Re: Husky Season On Craigslist   Husky Season On Craigslist EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 11:01 pm

Well we've been considering getting another for a couple of weeks. We've just had reall really bad luck with flakes on craigslist so we decided to try the shelter. They had another husky and he was absolutely beautiful, but he was already adopted. So either the owner will claim this guy or we will get him. Either way he'll have a happy ending. Dogs in our shelter only get 3 days once they are cleared for adoption.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Husky Season On Craigslist   Husky Season On Craigslist EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:13 am

Good luck, hope all works out Smile Sounds like someone's been bitten by the Husky Bug!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
SiriusRed
Newborn
Newborn
SiriusRed

PostSubject: Re: Husky Season On Craigslist   Husky Season On Craigslist EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:26 am

I had a couple growing up. And I've always loved the breed. I should be deathly afraid of black and white huskies, but I'm not. A black and white husky attacked me once and put nine stitches in my arm. =/ Yet I want to get a black and white husky. I must be mentally ill. I will never have an un-neutered male though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Husky Season On Craigslist   Husky Season On Craigslist Empty

Back to top Go down

Husky Season On Craigslist

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next