It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Should I be scared of this breeder?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 3:20 pm

Jilly, what makes a good breeder in your eyes obviously does not make a good breeder in others' eyes. Some people have higher standards than others which is fine. We have a right to higher standards just as you have a right to lower standards if that's what you prefer. There is no name calling or finger pointing, simply pointing out facts and individuals sharing why they do or don't agree with a practice. We are entitled to our opinions of Snohomish Huskies the same way you are and we don't have to agree. SH doesn't have to respond but it is great that they do although I've yet to see any response that really disputes the major issues that people have with them as a breeder.

What is it to us? Many of us have dogs from breeders who did not health test or prove their dogs in any way or have breed outside of the breed standard or have breed for aesthetics. And many of us have dogs who suffer every day as a result, and that is not always visible just by casually observing a dog. It may become apparent when they dog is put too work or reaches a certain age that the problems arise. It matters to us because we care and we don't want anyone to end up with a dog who will have health issues that could have been prevented by a lot of the testing/proving/breeding to standard that we don't see Snohomish Huskies and other breeders like them doing. We are not attacking SH but asking questions and using them as an example of what to and not to look for in a breeder so that others can learn and make the best decision possible to achieve the healthiest dog possible.

Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 4:51 pm

Well said Val. Nobody should confuse disagreement for disrespect or sincerity for cruelty.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
khollon
Puppy
Puppy
khollon

Female Join date : 2013-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 5:45 pm

jillybeans. you are the only one getting offended and pointing fingers and causing an scene, if you will, this is a thread to help me with breeder questions. everyone here has helped and gave advice or contributed to the actual reason of the thread. Teaching me what to look for and what to stay away from. what questions to ask, so on and so forth. So whats your advice, may I ask? because so far you have only done what you say everyone else is doing .I'm not trying to be mean , but I am defending my friends as you are yours . don't hinder my learning process please.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 5:53 pm

What's your time frame for getting a puppy Kaitlin? Are you sold on a puppy for sure at this point?
Back to top Go down
khollon
Puppy
Puppy
khollon

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 5:58 pm

Oh no. I am just scoping at breeders. I was hoping for the end of this year-ish into next year, maybe.
I have to move into my house first Smile
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 EmptyTue May 14, 2013 6:00 pm

Oh ok, just checking. I mighta had something good for you soonish. Please keep us posted and keep up your diligent research. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
amora
Teenager
Teenager
amora

Female Join date : 2013-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 1:35 am

seattlesibe wrote:
Oh ok, just checking. I mighta had something good for you soonish. Please keep us posted and keep up your diligent research. Cheers.

Ooooo I might be interested Smile
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 1:43 am

Haha, it's not a puppy or anything to do with one.
Back to top Go down
amora
Teenager
Teenager
amora

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 1:43 am

you have failed me!lol jk
Back to top Go down
khollon
Puppy
Puppy
khollon

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 2:10 am

Lol okay I will Smile can I ask what it is ? We could move in July . It's all very up in the air . So I will keep you posted , an if you find stuff and happen to think of me will you let me know please ? Smile with sugar on top
Back to top Go down
amora
Teenager
Teenager
amora

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 2:22 am

Soooo totally off topic but I went digging since I put a deposit and I did find Prince Loki old cerf and hip testing
now someone decipher for me lol I also found an older website and it showed a lot males...wonder what happened to them?
http://www.christophershuskyranch.com/CHRISTOPHERS_HUSKY_RANCH/Sires.html
No photo on file
Breed: SIBERIAN HUSKY Dam: WS06358802
Sex: M *Titles:
Color: BLACK & WHITE CHIC #: 60564
Birthdate: Feb 11 2007 Addtl. Reg. #

OFA Number Registry Test/Film
Date Report Date Age Final Conclusion
SH-9156 CERF Mar 16 2009 Mar 16 2009 * 25 TESTED: 09
SH-16920F24M-VPI HIPS Mar 6 2009 Apr 9 2009 24 FAIR
* Eye Certification is valid for one year from the date of the exam.
Back to top Go down
khollon
Puppy
Puppy
khollon

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 2:46 am

Your getting one from Christopher's husky ranch? Let me know how everything goes with that okay Smile ,. And maybe their breeding program wasn't what it needed to be so they adopted out those who shouldn't be bred . And started fresh. That marvelous max boy is from snohomish . He is very pretty . Cause know they only have like two right ?
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 2:52 am

It was just a timing issue, not a big deal really. You're well on your way already once you're ready to move forward Smile
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 4:40 am

Where did you find that CERF info? I can't find the records anywhere
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
amora
Teenager
Teenager
amora

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:06 am

I did an advanced search using his name and it just came up on the ofa website
Back to top Go down
amora
Teenager
Teenager
amora

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:18 am

Also when i searched i put any part of name not first part of name if you want
breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 Screen10
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 EmptyWed May 15, 2013 11:32 am

amora wrote:
Soooo totally off topic but I went digging since I put a deposit and I did find Prince Loki old cerf and hip testing
now someone decipher for me lol I also found an older website and it showed a lot males...wonder what happened to them?
http://www.christophershuskyranch.com/CHRISTOPHERS_HUSKY_RANCH/Sires.html
No photo on file
Breed: SIBERIAN HUSKY Dam: WS06358802
Sex: M *Titles:
Color: BLACK & WHITE CHIC #: 60564
Birthdate: Feb 11 2007 Addtl. Reg. #

OFA Number Registry Test/Film
Date Report Date Age Final Conclusion
SH-9156 CERF Mar 16 2009 Mar 16 2009 * 25 TESTED: 09
SH-16920F24M-VPI HIPS Mar 6 2009 Apr 9 2009 24 FAIR
* Eye Certification is valid for one year from the date of the exam.

They don't have it on any other dogs on that website though... still really sketchy...
Back to top Go down
PGILLEY35903
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Concerning Bad Coments about Puppy Lov Kennels - All Lies!   breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:39 am

I am the owner Puppy Lov Kennels and I just wonder what you gives you Ladies the right, to bad mouth my Huskies and Me, when you have never been to my kennel. I know you have not been to my kennels, or you would know that the posts that you have written about us, are all lies. I guess you must not have any thing better to do with your time, then write gossip about people that you don't even know. My dogs are not kept in kennels, unless they are in season or have puppies. They are not overweight by any means. My males that weigh apx. 100# are just big built male huskies, not overweight. They are beautiful Huskies, not "horrific" as someone stated. They have their own fenced in yard to run and play in. They have good shade and a nice big yard. And, when I put on my site that "we would appreciate your business", that's exactly what we mean. It does not mean, "Bring us your money!" as someone stated. So, how about the next time you decide to gossip about somebody, make sure you know what and who you are talking first. Or, you could just get a life!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:47 am

Big built Huskies, huh? What are you doing to better the breed, if you are breeding Huskies that are 40 LBS OVER BREED STANDARD? That is irresponsible breeding. Not to mention that you had 3, yes 3 litters all born on the same day, May 23rd. How do you plan on properly socializing all of those puppies? Do you do genetic testing? Hip and eye? I don't see anything on your web page at all. Sorry, but your website, which is the face of your business for anyone who has not seen your kennels in person, shows that you are an irresponsible, unethical breeder.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 1:03 am

Anyone else find it interesting that the 'breeders' that are not following any guidelines of ethical breeding are the only ones that come in here to make their 'breeding program' look legit by trashing those members that know what to look for in an ethical breeding program and try to steer people in the direction of responsible/ethical breeding programs? Maybe those 'breeders' should 'Get A Life' and start being more responsible in their breeding programs.

Good for you your dogs don't live in kennels, many other breeder's dogs do not. A puppy mill, though the pictures show dogs in tiny cages, actually comes in many forms. Back Yard breeders that knowingly and willingly breed out of standard animals and call them 'unique' without doing any sort of health testing disgust me- they have no idea what it is they are doing to the breed, what they are selling to the public, what happens to them after they leave, because all they care about is the bottom line- their pay day. Shame on them- and I for one hope sites like this continue to speak out and educate people into not buying from breeders like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 1:21 am

PGILLEY35903 wrote:
I am the owner Puppy Lov Kennels and I just wonder what you gives you Ladies the right, to bad mouth my Huskies and Me, when you have never been to my kennel. I know you have not been to my kennels, or you would know that the posts that you have written about us, are all lies. I guess you must not have any thing better to do with your time, then write gossip about people that you don't even know. My dogs are not kept in kennels, unless they are in season or have puppies. They are not overweight by any means. My males that weigh apx. 100# are just big built male huskies, not overweight. They are beautiful Huskies, not "horrific" as someone stated. They have their own fenced in yard to run and play in. They have good shade and a nice big yard. And, when I put on my site that "we would appreciate your business", that's exactly what we mean. It does not mean, "Bring us your money!" as someone stated. So, how about the next time you decide to gossip about somebody, make sure you know what and who you are talking first. Or, you could just get a life!

First off, I would like to thank you for the copy and pasted PM..really shows me how serious you are Laughing .

Secondly... saying your huskies aren't over weight, just big built; is like a mother in denial saying her 40 pound overweight child is just big boned. Let's get serious here. You are breeding huskies that are outrageously out of standard, and that look like it too. A dog that is that over standard has no business being bred, and if you really and truly cared about the breed, you would already know that. Honestly, I don't really care that your dogs have their own fenced in yards to play in..so do loads of dogs. Doesn't mean they live a better life then my three that are in my apartment with me. That CERTAINLY doesn't mean they are breeding quality like you are trying to imply. I don't really care that your dogs have shade and a yard..wtf does that matter to me? What matters to me is that you ARE breeding horrifically out of standard Siberians that have no place being bred in the first place.

So, thanks for playing...but maybe you should get your head out of the clouds and realize what you are doing to your dogs and to our breed. YOU are part of the problem.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 1:27 am

Ahhh Puppy Lov...are you going and giving us negative treats Wink ...

I feel so ashamed for speaking the truth. Also, I love how almost everything you said was what I said about your kennel Smile. Sorry for not being sorry Smile.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 1:41 am

Well PuppyLov felt the need to PM me since they were so offended at my opinion. I suppose it's their own guilty conscious catching up to them. Again- how about you learn the standard, the breed history, and do right by your breeding program and spend less time defending what you are currently doing Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 1:42 am

Bwahaha! I have three negative treats in this ONE discussion. Wonder who did that.. Laughing .

You're just so popular Lani..she can't resist it!
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 1:44 am

I am the owner Puppy Lov Kennels and I just wonder what you gives you Ladies the right, to bad mouth my Huskies and Me, when you have never been to my kennel.

To be honest, no one slandered you or anything so we are all well within our rights to talk about your kennel, which has a public site. You put the information on the internet and opened pandora's box.

I know you have not been to my kennels, or you would know that the posts that you have written about us, are all lies. I guess you must not have any thing better to do with your time, then write gossip about people that you don't even know

My opinion wouldn't change simply because I showed up at your kennel and took a look at facilities. My parents are BYB and they have a great home and love their dogs, doesn't change that they are BYB or that they won't acknowledge it.

You are breeding dogs out of standard for both size, structure and coat. That is not slander, that is not a lie, that is bold faced truth that you put on the internet for the whole world, including those of us who support ethical breeding, to see.

. My dogs are not kept in kennels, unless they are in season or have puppies.

Where are they kept then? And since you have about 5 - 10 litters out at once, I wonder how often they AREN'T in kennels.

They are not overweight by any means. My males that weigh apx. 100# are just big built male huskies, not overweight. They are beautiful Huskies, not "horrific" as someone stated.

So, they are just huge then? A Sibe should weight between 35 - 60lbs depending on the sex. Perhaps you should reconsider your breeding stock.

They have their own fenced in yard to run and play in. They have good shade and a nice big yard. And, when I put on my site that "we would appreciate your business", that's exactly what we mean. It does not mean, "Bring us your money!" as someone stated.

Breeding Siberians shouldn't be a damn business and thats the truth. You should be be breeding to BETTER THE BREED, any other reason is selfish.

So, how about the next time you decide to gossip about somebody, make sure you know what and who you are talking first. Or, you could just get a life!

I have a life. I have a great life. I have great dogs and I love them very much. I also have one dog, as I'm sure you know since you scoured this thread, with a severe structural defect from a breeder not caring what was bred together. I don't apologize for making people aware of the negative effects these breeders have on the breed. You don't scare me, so your veiled threat that I should "make sure you know what and who you are talking about" is a bit ridiculous. You gave me everything I needed to know on your website, thank you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I be scared of this breeder?    breeder - Should I be scared of this breeder?  - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Should I be scared of this breeder?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next