It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Does your huskies protect you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Me & Ghost
Puppy
Puppy
Me & Ghost

Female Join date : 2012-11-30

Does your huskies protect you? Empty
PostSubject: Does your huskies protect you?   Does your huskies protect you? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 7:01 pm

Ok, so I always was curious to know that if you were assaulted what would be the reaction of your dog?

I walk Ghost at night by myself and that includes 11 pm or midnight. Sometime I'm still walking him and it has passed the midnight. When I walk him you barely see people on the street and normally when you see it's men, and I'm a small girl :S I'm just curious to know that if I was assaulted at night Ghost would protect me. I don't want my dog to be aggressive toward people, but I also don't want him to lick the face of my "aggressor", lol. I already read that it may depend wether you are the pack leader or not.
Does anyone has some experience with this or has any idea?
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Does your huskies protect you?   Does your huskies protect you? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 7:10 pm

https://www.itsahuskything.com/t6909-would-your-husky-protect-you?highlight=protect

We already have a thread like this. My view is Karli would not protect me. She'd lead them to my valuables.
Back to top Go down
Me & Ghost
Puppy
Puppy
Me & Ghost

Female Join date : 2012-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Does your huskies protect you?   Does your huskies protect you? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 7:17 pm

Oh, thanks Smile This site is so big that is hard to know what has already been treated Razz I also think Ghost wouldn't give a damn :S
Back to top Go down
Super Nova
Teenager
Teenager
Super Nova

Male Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Does your huskies protect you?   Does your huskies protect you? EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 11:15 pm

Maybe from a leaf or stick blowing in the wind....
Nova jumps behind me waiting me to protect him. I would suggest if you don't feel comfortable to keep a small thing of pepper spray around when you walk.
Back to top Go down
ramoscl
Teenager
Teenager
ramoscl

Female Join date : 2012-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Does your huskies protect you?   Does your huskies protect you? EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 12:28 am

Even if you can get no protection from your husky your would be attacker doesn't know that, and in the dark would probably see big wolfish dog and steer clear. I also second the pepper spray.
Back to top Go down
LokiTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
LokiTheHusky

Female Join date : 2013-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Does your huskies protect you?   Does your huskies protect you? EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 12:47 am

I have only had Loki for a short time and I did not think he would, But Loki, Who always gets along with other dogs and just wants to play, Was ready to rip the throat out of a dog that lunged at me. At first I thought Loki had thought the dog had went after him but the entire time no matter what Loki moved his 'attack ready position' body between me and the other dog and sort of pushed me away from it.
He also loves people, Adores them. No matter who they are. But, one time in Sportsman's warehouse a man went to pet him and Loki stiffened up, again moved between me and what he saw as a threat, and gave a low, deep, You better stay back growl.
So Yes, I think he would protect me if needed.
Back to top Go down
Rami
Newborn
Newborn
Rami

Male Join date : 2013-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Does your huskies protect you?   Does your huskies protect you? EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 1:22 am

my brother once toked Okami on the stadium to play with him and a gipsy threw the ball close to him.Okami was around 6 months old i think , we just got him not a long time ago so he wasnt really that old anyway the gipsy slapped my brother and the Okami jumped and bite that guys arm and wouldn't let go.

A more recent situation that happen : I was in the park and walking the dog when like 10 gipsy just stopped me and started to pick on me ( yes i know nobody likes gipsy ) it started to get a little physical but not really that violent , no punching or anything but one of them pushed me and Okami went behind me with his head low (he looked scared) and i think he was waiting for me to protect him,he was around 1 year old i think.

yestarday i started having a argument with 5-6 gipsy because they asked me for money and i didnt want to give them any so they started getting violent but only verbally and Okami didnt really cared,he cared more about getting to a small dog that was nearby to play with him but the gipsy didnt really get that close to me , didnt have the courage i think because i was with the dog so they threw a rock but not towards me , they threw it towards Okami and near missed him and Okami just turned to them and stared at them not moving (he looked like he was trying to figure out what happened) and then all 5-6 gipsy ran.

So i cant really say if Okami would protect me but I am as curious as you are but I trust him and he doesn't seem to be scared to get in a fight. If a street dog attacks him he attacks back or he keeps walking at the same speed as he was all the time but never seen him trying to run away.
Back to top Go down
http://journaloframi.blogspot.ro/
elmerdc4
Teenager
Teenager
elmerdc4

Male Join date : 2013-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Does your huskies protect you?   Does your huskies protect you? EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 1:33 am

Feel kinda stupid for asking this but what's a gypsy?
Back to top Go down
LokiTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
LokiTheHusky

Female Join date : 2013-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Does your huskies protect you?   Does your huskies protect you? EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 1:39 am

An itinerant person or any person suspected of making a living from dishonest practices or theft/A 'wandering' person/Homeless/Druggy Hippy type.
Back to top Go down
Rami
Newborn
Newborn
Rami

PostSubject: Re: Does your huskies protect you?   Does your huskies protect you? EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 1:40 am

black guys that are originally from india i think that have theyre own language but call themselves romanians that are really violent and steal a lot, its like theyre behavior, theyre instinct. So short bad and ugly people...Google "Gypsy" or "tigani romani" (means romanian gypsy) and put on images if u want to see how ugly they are,lol
Back to top Go down
Rami
Newborn
Newborn
Rami

PostSubject: Re: Does your huskies protect you?   Does your huskies protect you? EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 1:41 am

ok not black but defiantly brown. The poop kind of brown Razz
Back to top Go down
elmerdc4
Teenager
Teenager
elmerdc4

Male Join date : 2013-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Does your huskies protect you?   Does your huskies protect you? EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 1:50 am

Mk thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does your huskies protect you?   Does your huskies protect you? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does your huskies protect you?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1