It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

my Husky is NOT ugly!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mschwax
Puppy
Puppy
Mschwax

Female Join date : 2013-03-07

my Husky is NOT ugly!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:20 am

How rude! People never cease to amaze me. I wonder if he points out which babies he feels are ugly to their mothers? Jerk!

That said, your dogs are beautiful. My Tim was bi-eyed and I loved it. And sweet Zelda falls into the less than lovely husky category (though improved health is working wonders!) But no one better dare say she is ugly in front of me! Vixen definitely gets more attention on walks and it bugs me, especially because Zelda has the sweeter disposition and sits so patiently waiting for someone to pet her when they get done fawning over Vixen. I think I love her a little more just because she isn't as genetically fortunate!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:25 am

Mschwax wrote:
How rude! People never cease to amaze me. I wonder if he points out which babies he feels are ugly to their mothers? Jerk!

That said, your dogs are beautiful. My Tim was bi-eyed and I loved it. And sweet Zelda falls into the less than lovely husky category (though improved health is working wonders!) But no one better dare say she is ugly in front of me! Vixen definitely gets more attention on walks and it bugs me, especially because Zelda has the sweeter disposition and sits so patiently waiting for someone to pet her when they get done fawning over Vixen. I think I love her a little more just because she isn't as genetically fortunate!

I personally like Zelda more tehe! but I've got a soft spot for reds as I want my own..
This happened to Abby and Me at pet festivals and it really annoyed me. I had Yuki with me and they would all fawn of her and comment on her two different colored eyes.. and not say a word about Maya or Sophie or just go 'and you're cute too.' Maya and Sophie are like 10 times cuter than my she-demon xD
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:45 am

Mobezilla wrote:
This happened to Abby and Me at pet festivals and it really annoyed me. I had Yuki with me and they would all fawn of her and comment on her two different colored eyes.. and not say a word about Maya or Sophie or just go 'and you're cute too.' Maya and Sophie are like 10 times cuter than my she-demon xD

OMG this happens to me all the time with my two girls. Because Kennedy is a mutt and Sheba is the ever sought after Siberian Husky, people fawn over her ALL THE TIME! Then Kennedy gets the, "Oh, your're cute too." sympathy comment. Makes me so mad! I think Kennedy is beautiful and deserves attention too..but oh well. I give her extra lovin's to make up for it Wink .

Seriously though, if anyone said she was ugly, I'd probably go ten different kinds of crazy on them.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
xredrainx
Teenager
Teenager
xredrainx

Male Join date : 2012-05-24

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:36 am

Good Job walking away
I would have said something along the lines of "funny I was going to say the same about your face but I figured it would be rude..oh well cat's out of the bag now." lol
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 10:01 am

my Husky is NOT ugly!! - Page 2 Summer12
Butkis was a bi-eyed pari-eyed. One pale blue (his right) and one brwn hazelly kind of blue eye! (his left was a blue bottom hazel top with a brwn section) His parti eye was spectacular (he lost it to glaucoma though).
And that is actually what I wanted to find with Bourbon but I loved him at first sight even with straight blue eyes.

And Butkis was a porker plus mix w GSD wolf so not the most handsome is somes eyes but gorgeous to me and that is all that counts.SOME PEOPLE SUCK! Mad

cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 10:25 am

Quote :
Apparently a lot of people seem to think that Huskies are more beautiful with Blue eyes. I've never seen a Husky that was ugly....all eye colors are just as gorgeous to me!!
I think the different eye colors are what make huskies so unique. I've seen some ugly pits in my time (my sister's for one) but that doesn't mean that you should tell someone that's what you think of thier dog!!! My sister also has a snoodle that is just um well special lol. I try not to judge a dog mainly by its looks, if it also comes with a sweet disposition, well then that dog takes precedence in beauty over the best looking husky if said husky was nasty. Personality goes a long way in making a dog truly stand out. I'm also a sucker for dogs that want to cuddle lol.

You handled that way better than I would've. I have to bite my lip when people call Karli a boy (appparently all boy huskies are black/white with full face mask since everyone assumes she's a boy) so if someone had said she was ugly, I probably wouldn't have handled it as well as you did! And you're two are gorgeous!!!
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 11:24 am

cinnamonbits wrote:
Quote :
Apparently a lot of people seem to think that Huskies are more beautiful with Blue eyes. I've never seen a Husky that was ugly....all eye colors are just as gorgeous to me!!
I think the different eye colors are what make huskies so unique. I've seen some ugly pits in my time (my sister's for one) but that doesn't mean that you should tell someone that's what you think of thier dog!!! My sister also has a snoodle that is just um well special lol. I try not to judge a dog mainly by its looks, if it also comes with a sweet disposition, well then that dog takes precedence in beauty over the best looking husky if said husky was nasty. Personality goes a long way in making a dog truly stand out. I'm also a sucker for dogs that want to cuddle lol.

You handled that way better than I would've. I have to bite my lip when people call Karli a boy (appparently all boy huskies are black/white with full face mask since everyone assumes she's a boy) so if someone had said she was ugly, I probably wouldn't have handled it as well as you did! And you're two are gorgeous!!!

I get the opposite, everyone thinks Lucian is a girl, lol. I have a black collar on him too, maybe have to switch to blue.

That was seriously rude of him. I don't think I would have been able to bite my tongue and walk away.
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 12:39 pm

Ya, well I think I did a good job too by walking away....
Imagine how bad I would look, talking all crazy on an old man at the dog park....lol.

But like all of you said, you wouldn't go around telling people how ugly their children looks. Who does that?? haha

It's true you can't judge a book by it's cover...my Karma is the most sweetest cuddle bug ever. She gets so excited when she knows I'm taking her for a hike by the river....she starts jumping around with her ears back. I just love her!!
Back to top Go down
nolesooner
Puppy
Puppy

Male Join date : 2013-04-08

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 11:35 am

Iluvmyhuskies wrote:
Is there such a thing as an ugly Husky?? I didn't think so!

So today as Karma, Kato and I were going to the dog park, some rude a**hole came up to me and asked if my Karma was a husky. I said "yes sir she is", he then looked at me and said well "she's kinda of an ugly one"!! He looked at Kato and said "well that there is more of a looker". WTF???? How dare you tell me my dog is ugly!! So I asked him politely "why do you say she's ugly? (as I was trying hard not to tell him off)...He say's "because of her eyes"....
Karma has a brown eye and a parti-eye. I just said "well sir that's your opinion" He was an older man, and from what I know I have to respect my elders....so I calmly walked away...good grief!!!

Sometimes I think the older some people get, the more they don't have a filter for what they say or think. He obviously knows nothing about huskies or hasn't seen very many of them.

Both of your dogs are gorgeous.

I agree that you did the right thing. We should always respect our elders....doesn't mean we can't tell them they are wrong though. I think you did good. You didn't let anger get the best of you...and you obviously know he was wrong, so what's the point? Good on you!
Back to top Go down
Mishka'sMom
Teenager
Teenager
Mishka'sMom

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 4:08 pm

Good for you for taking higher ground. You have lovely huskies! His Momma didnt raise him right! Wink
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 4:11 pm

Thank guys!! ya he was just a rude little old man!!
I def could have made a big deal out of it, but I just let it go. Their my dogs not his...lol
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 9:37 pm

I would have walked away, after telling him he was ugly! PEOPLE are so rude!
Back to top Go down
bphx123
Newborn
Newborn
bphx123

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 6:55 pm

you should of told him that his mom is ugly. If someone did that to me I would of punched them in a face, no questions asked.
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:26 pm

Like everyone else says your pups are beautiful, i would have walked away too as long as it was an older person i've had the respect your elders thing ingrained in me and will always obide by it though if your not over a certain age your free game! My uncle had a girlfriend he brought to meet my aunt dad aand grandmother and all she could do was insult my nova because she was a little chubber bubber the women refused to even pat her on the head because she was sooo fat it was gross. If i was there i dont think she would have left unharmed in one way or another.
Back to top Go down
Clm
Teenager
Teenager
Clm

Male Join date : 2012-11-22

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:57 pm

Iluvmyhuskies wrote:
Is there such a thing as an ugly Husky?? I didn't think so!

So today as Karma, Kato and I were going to the dog park, some rude a**hole came up to me and asked if my Karma was a husky. I said "yes sir she is", he then looked at me and said well "she's kinda of an ugly one"!! He looked at Kato and said "well that there is more of a looker". WTF???? How dare you tell me my dog is ugly!! So I asked him politely "why do you say she's ugly? (as I was trying hard not to tell him off)...He say's "because of her eyes"....
Karma has a brown eye and a parti-eye. I just said "well sir that's your opinion" He was an older man, and from what I know I have to respect my elders....so I calmly walked away...good grief!!!

you're reply to him should of been "you're not exactly easy on the eyes either, but you dont see me complaining." and walked away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

my Husky is NOT ugly!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2