It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

my Husky is NOT ugly!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

my Husky is NOT ugly!! Empty
PostSubject: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 6:12 pm

Is there such a thing as an ugly Husky?? I didn't think so!

So today as Karma, Kato and I were going to the dog park, some rude a**hole came up to me and asked if my Karma was a husky. I said "yes sir she is", he then looked at me and said well "she's kinda of an ugly one"!! He looked at Kato and said "well that there is more of a looker". WTF???? How dare you tell me my dog is ugly!! So I asked him politely "why do you say she's ugly? (as I was trying hard not to tell him off)...He say's "because of her eyes"....
Karma has a brown eye and a parti-eye. I just said "well sir that's your opinion" He was an older man, and from what I know I have to respect my elders....so I calmly walked away...good grief!!!

Last edited by Iluvmyhuskies on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
elmerdc4
Teenager
Teenager
elmerdc4

Male Join date : 2013-02-13

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 6:31 pm

Wow the nerve of some people both of your pups look gorgeous
Back to top Go down
Anastasiya&Buran
Newborn
Newborn
Anastasiya&Buran

Female Join date : 2013-04-11

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 6:39 pm

The old man wouldn't have gotten off so easy if he had said that to me. You have some real patience for people.
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 6:46 pm

I really don't have patience for people lol....I just figure I'd be the bigger person and walk away...there's no sense in arguing with an old person. It would make me look bad...lol
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 6:50 pm

Apparently that old man's eyesight is failing miserably, because both your pups are beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:02 pm

Haha...I don't know if it was his eyesight...

Apparently a lot of people seem to think that Huskies are more beautiful with Blue eyes. I've never seen a Husky that was ugly....all eye colors are just as gorgeous to me!!
Back to top Go down
SkyPlusUs
Teenager
Teenager
SkyPlusUs

Female Join date : 2013-04-13

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:08 pm

She is gorgeous and her eyes sound fab, take no notice
Back to top Go down
dbingham12
Teenager
Teenager
dbingham12

Female Join date : 2012-06-07

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:11 pm

Both you pups are beautiful. That said I totally love the mixed eye look. I think it makes them more striking.
Back to top Go down
MyKeeonah
Teenager
Teenager
MyKeeonah

Male Join date : 2012-01-28

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:31 pm

I mean, if we are being honest human beings, the reality is that there are definitely some unattractive huskies by traditional standards. ya ya ya, all animals are beautiful in their own way, koombaya, yada yada etc.

That being said, I like bi-eyes, and parti-eyes, and monochrome eyes. Also, I think both of your huskies personally are great looking dogs.

But I would definitely be lying if I said I have never seen an ugly husky.

Last edited by MyKeeonah on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:46 pm

Lol, thank you Sean! I didn't want to be the first to say it but yes, there are some ugly huskies out there. Granted I would never tell their owners that their dog is ugly, but not all huskies are attractive! I wouldn't consider yours ugly, Kristin, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:49 pm

Well I have to be the first to say that I haven't seen an ugly husky! But like you said Val if I did see one I wouldn't say it to the owner...that's just rude.

You're def right....beauty is in the eye of the beholder....
my Husky is NOT ugly!! Img_0012
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:51 pm

Haha I totally agree!! I think most AKK's are ugly little things. But that's just my opinion!! I don't think I would ever tell someone if their dog was ugly... But just like with kids, there are some ugly ones!! Laughing

That being said, I think your two are not ugly lol. I'd be pretty angry if someone said one of my girls were ugly. Stupid people!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:12 pm

Yeah, that's just obnoxious. It's one thing to have preferences for eye color or.....bi-eyed vs.......uni-eyed/homo-eyed????????, but to say that is just foul.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:15 pm

That was so rude! Mad Now, I must say that I have seen some huskies that aren't as pretty as others. I wouldn't say "ugly", but just not as beautiful.

Kody has a brown eye and a parti eye also and he's such a handsome boy. Just like Karma is a beautiful girl!
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:19 pm

I love parti eyes! Some people are so ignorant. There's nothing cooler than an eye with a gradient Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
Papabear
Puppy
Puppy
Papabear

Male Join date : 2013-03-09

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:21 pm

I love those eyes!
Back to top Go down
JillC
Teenager
Teenager
JillC

Female Join date : 2011-05-03

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 8:51 pm

I would have responded with "Well you're kind of an ugly human." Mad
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:12 pm

Good job for walking away.. I am the type of person that %90 of the time i try to avoid conflict. So i would of walked away too.. But if you catch me at a bad time, push my buttons, or just cross the line i flip! But usually i let things like that go specially older people and kids.. But on the subject of ugly husky. I can say that some huskies are just abosutely stunning!! And there are some that are just ok i guess. i can say ugly but i wouldnt think of it that way. i would just think the lowest husky.. But the lowest husky beats the best looking dog in most breeds anyday.. There is just something about a huskies look that is awsome!
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:19 pm

I think it's great that not all of us find the same things attractive. (Even though Crazy Man was way out of line...) I personally think Karma is the best looking of your two since I LOVE her mask. Stripes down the nose make a seriously gorgeous husky, IMO!

Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:22 pm

Did I just sound like I don't think Kato is cute?? Eeekkk.... both of your pups are very nice looking. I did not mean to imply otherwise! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
lpp06
Puppy
Puppy
lpp06

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:36 pm

Pay no mind, your dogs are both gorgeous. Especially Karma and his eyes!
Back to top Go down
Husky mum
Teenager
Teenager
Husky mum

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:13 pm

Some people just don't have a clue! Good on you for taking the higher ground
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:40 pm

Both of your pups are gorgeous! I actually like Kay's eyes more then Maya and Sophie's, it was one of the things i loved most about her when i was going to adopt her. I hate it when people think that huskies can only have blue eyes or that blue eyes are the best on them. I love any eye color or any mix of colors. Smile
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:47 pm

Melissa-Thank you. Kody and both the girls are beauty's!!

Jill-I wish I had the guts to say that, but I don't think I have a mean bone in my body. Lol

Eric- ya I dont like conflict so I try to stay away from it as much as I can. I'm a mom so I must act like it. I forgot to mention I had my 5 year old daughter with me and she got all upset that the old man called Karma ugly. I had to explain to her that he didnt mean it in a bad way.

Lisa- oh no worries...I didnt think you said anything bad about Kato. Smile

I guess I wouldnt have mind if he said she was weird looking or different, but to straight out and say ugly, well that was plain rude. Oh well, i'm over it. I know I have two beautiful dogs and thats all that matters.

Thank you everyone for all ur kind words! You all have beautiful huskies too!!
Back to top Go down
JillC
Teenager
Teenager
JillC

Female Join date : 2011-05-03

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 1:15 am

I give you soooo much credit for holding back, especially now knowing you had your little one with you. My filter tends to break easily especially when someone is a blatant jerk. This guy was old enough to know better and how dare he say that to you... it's like insulting a child to your face. Both your babies are beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my Husky is NOT ugly!!   my Husky is NOT ugly!! Empty

Back to top Go down

my Husky is NOT ugly!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next