It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets..   Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 12:35 am

HuskyMom09 wrote:
the boys will go on hunger strikes (and it's always close enough to a show where they look like hell by the time they go) while the girls are flagging their hoo-haws up and down the fence line!

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets..   Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 12:36 am

Both of my girls together from a well known kennel cost less than your high number for a single pup- Both of them were fully vetted, with health tested parents, and microchipped. Don't hesitate to ask, either Megan or myself. I too would be more than happy to help.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets..   Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 12:41 am

Oh cmon, you know my girls get their feelings hurt when you start talking about pricetags and pedigrees. CL dogs are just as capable of being amazing pets. As are mixed breeds.

And dont even get me started about working lines....
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets..   Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 12:43 am

It all depends on what you want- CL dogs don't fit everyone's applications, and I certainly will not go through the roulette of health ?'s as our numbers are continuing to grow can't have million dollar health horrors.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets..   Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 12:43 am

My female is not from a breeder - she is a rescue and plagued with issues...but she's my girl. No one said a non-breeder dog wasn't worthy at all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets..   Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 12:49 am

HuskyMom09 wrote:
It all depends on what you want- CL dogs don't fit everyone's applications, and I certainly will not go through the roulette of health ?'s as our numbers are continuing to grow can't have million dollar health horrors.

Man, sometimes i swear the humor is lost on you people.....
Seriously. Im never going to feel the need to defend my dogs against anyone elses. Im well aware theyre better already. I trained them. Wink
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets..   Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 12:51 am

Sorry, I have been beaten down by far too many 'rescue only' types to find it funny anymore.
Back to top Go down
ateam043
Teenager
Teenager
ateam043

Male Join date : 2013-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets..   Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 1:09 am

I understand CL dogs are just as good, my Meeka may have come from a BYB and may not be to the "standard" but I love that dog regardless.

I certainly took the risk of all health issues but for the next time want to avoid that, I don't mind paying $600-800, just not the ridiculous prices I was seeing here in SoCal.

I tried getting huskies from shelters, they fly out here out like mosquitoes.
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets..   Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 1:16 am

Lol. Soshanna was a completely intended breeding of two very desirable dogs. The fact that the breeder and I are close friends is why I have the best female, free, and without a contract. I absolutely would have dropped 1000+ for her. She is exactly how she was intended to be.

Mixie is only a rescue as far as that she would be dead if I didnt take her. She was 8 weeks and free.

Panzers story, you know.

Im an equal opportunity dog hoarder.
Back to top Go down
counter
Teenager
Teenager

Male Join date : 2013-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets..   Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 1:17 am

Paw Paw and Beowulf were both rescued from abused and neglectful situations via CL. Both are 100% healthy and happy. Nara was purchased from a breeder. And all 4 of our cats are from legitimate rescues. So we have the best of all worlds in our zoo, I mean home!
Back to top Go down
Callicocat
Puppy
Puppy
Callicocat

Female Join date : 2012-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets..   Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 9:00 pm

HuskyMom09 wrote:
Both of my girls together from a well known kennel cost less than your high number for a single pup- Both of them were fully vetted, with health tested parents, and microchipped. Don't hesitate to ask, either Megan or myself. I too would be more than happy to help.

Hey Lani,

Where did you get your pups? The ones in your picture are adorable! I'll probably be getting Rue a companion in a year or so and I'm gathering WA/OR breeders, I have a list but figured I'd ask Smile
Back to top Go down
Husky mum
Teenager
Teenager
Husky mum

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets..   Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:12 pm

Prices seem to be a lot different in the states to aus. Milla has full papers (could have shown and bred but I got her desexed) and I paid $1000 which seems to be pretty pricy for what most say on here. However, back yarders ask and get anywhere up to $1500 for a pup with no pedigree or testing.

edit - see this http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/melbourne-cbd/dogs-puppies/siberian-husky-pups/1016206188

Says pups are from canadian bloodlines, but no papers to back it up
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Female Join date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets..   Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 10:48 pm

I paid $425 for mine with no papers or anything. She came from a couple that didnt know what they where getting into. So they say. They only had her for a week...
Back to top Go down
elmerdc4
Teenager
Teenager
elmerdc4

Male Join date : 2013-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets..   Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets.. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 02, 2013 11:32 pm

Sorry amy but everytime i see your pup I'm just like I want to steal her
Back to top Go down
Haileybug1991
Newborn
Newborn
Haileybug1991

Female Join date : 2013-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets..   Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets.. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:16 am

Just to put my input in here (not that it's needed or asked for), I paid $450 for Baron through a couple who had had 1 previous litter. I found them through CL, and really had to mull that price over for a few days. They were incredibly helpful and informative with us, and allowed us to visit every weekend before we took him home. Hell, they even bought us sushi and had us over for dinner!
They spayed and neutered the parents after his litter, as they didn't want to wear either of them out or risk the chance of litter-mates breeding and the owners not knowing later on.

Baron is a blessing; he was first born and pick of the litter. He's incredibly well-behaved and (I'm expecting some kind of backlash on this) stays right by our side off-lead when we take him to the lake or on trails. Granted, if we see there's people within 10 yards or so, we put him on the leash as a precaution, but aside from our worry he really turned out just perfect. Coming in to his age and sexual frustration recently has been challenging, but his snip is planned for this coming Monday. Very Happy

I always knew that huskies dug and jumped over fences and ran off, and Baron has never done any of that (though it would be easy for him). As someone mentioned earlier on, I think he appreciates his pack here too much to run off elsewhere.

I live in the central valley in CA, and unfortunately there's a very high rate of "I just bought this husky because it was cute as a puppy and had no idea what I was getting myself in to, someone please take this dog off my hands, but let me charge you an asinine price for it". I've seen ads where people say they're going to keep the dog ONLY because they have too much pride to let the dog go to a more experienced owner who could better take care of them. Huskies on CL without papers usually run anywhere from $350-$800. Huskies who are claimed to have papers can go anywhere from $1200-2k.
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Female Join date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets..   Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets.. - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:19 am

OOOOO No you dont!!! hahahaha She is hell on wheels!!! lol! But the feelings are mutual!! If it was up to me I would have everyone's dogs! My poor boyfriend didn't know what he was getting into when I told him I loved animals more than people! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets..   Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets.. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Another reminder of the dangers of unaltered pets..

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2