It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Vomiting blood

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

Female Join date : 2009-12-08

Vomiting blood Empty
PostSubject: Vomiting blood   Vomiting blood EmptyWed May 19, 2010 4:30 pm

So our other dog sophia is a pug...and thought i would ask you guys! since you are all so smart! she has been vomiting blood! not often tho! she did 3 days ago and it was very little, and yesterday it was a lot!!! low on funds right now so playing it by ear to see what she could have eat to upset her tummy. She is not like sniper, whom is STILL eating stuff that isnt food related by the way!!!! She hasnt learned from her surgery i guess!!! But my poor little pug is laying around not her normal self. I'm gonna give her a few days and take her to the vet and see what they think. Here is her flaw: she poops and eats it!! we have tried everything! from the meds from the vet to meat tenderizer on her food! i dont know what makes poop so appealing to her! and then she vomits it back up. I am up for suggestions at this point! :-) any advice is greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Vomiting blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vomiting blood   Vomiting blood EmptyWed May 19, 2010 4:46 pm

well as much as you don't want to hear this i say take her into the vet ASAP! blood should not be coming out of her.

http://home.ivillage.com/pets/symsolve/0,,j6cf,00.html

i found this just searching blood in vomit. does it help at all? also have you chaged her food, is she eating, drinking and pooing ok?

The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

Vomiting blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vomiting blood   Vomiting blood EmptyWed May 19, 2010 5:01 pm

Yeah, blood that way would get me to the vet straight away. How do the gums and whites of the eyes look? Temperature normal, pulse and breathing rates not erratic or fast? Does the color of the poo or urine indicate more bleeding? There's a lot more questions that need to be answered. I seem to remember pugs being susceptible to quite a few problems.

The poo most people will tell you to "not let it be an issue by picking it up right away". I piled it all together and unloaded over two cups of cayenne and black pepper on it.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

Vomiting blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vomiting blood   Vomiting blood EmptyWed May 19, 2010 8:24 pm

Take her to the vet NOW. That's my advice. Don't mean to alarm you, but that is not something that you mess around with. Lethargy and blood in her vomit= nothing that you can just "wait and see." In those situations, you regret it when you wait Sad

Good luck and we're thinking of you.

Vomiting blood Hailey10
Back to top Go down
britandsteven
Puppy
Puppy
britandsteven

Female Join date : 2010-01-18

Vomiting blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vomiting blood   Vomiting blood EmptyWed May 19, 2010 10:08 pm

So you keep any rat poison on premises?
Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

Female Join date : 2009-12-08

Vomiting blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vomiting blood   Vomiting blood EmptyTue May 25, 2010 4:13 pm

Thanks you guys for the help. I did take her to the vet. They kept her all day. Bloodwork was normal. They sent her home with the canned ID dogfood and 3 types of meds. They think maybe its just an GI upset. She hasnt eaten anything she wasnt suppose to and no we dont keep any kinds of poisons around since we have a 2 year old daughter too. She hasnt vomited or pooped blood since last week. I'm hoping it was just a big of some sort. Thanks for all the concerns though. Great to have people to talk to!!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Vomiting blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vomiting blood   Vomiting blood EmptyTue May 25, 2010 4:24 pm

thanks for the update i have been meaning to ask you what happened. glad she is doing better.

The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

Vomiting blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vomiting blood   Vomiting blood EmptyWed May 26, 2010 8:48 am

Huh, I too was wondering what came of this. RIdik had a bout of something like that when his previous owners finally left him here for good. Lasted one or two days and that was the end of it. Nice to hear it sounds like nothing major.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vomiting blood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vomiting blood   Vomiting blood Empty

Back to top Go down

Vomiting blood

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1