It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Oh, dogs...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

Oh, dogs... Empty
PostSubject: Oh, dogs...   Oh, dogs... EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:52 pm

While my room mates are trained to be kennel technicians, neither of them is clean, pro-activ, or currently working with strange dogs. The entire cleaning effort in my house is me, as well as feeding, walking, etc. In fact, Heather is so lazy, she actually tried getting upset at me because I won't feed her cats when I feed the dogs, even though I 1. Hate cats, 2. Hate cats 3. Want her 16 yr old incontinent cats put down and 4. Hate cats.

There is accumulated crap (furniture, linens, etc) everywhere that I don't own, but have asked to have sorted and either thrown out or put away for months, to no avail.

When the dryer broke, I had to pull out all the dirty, gross, cat piss smelling comforters and blankets out to make room to pull out the old dryer. I asked that they sort and wash or get rid of all that shit every week for 6 weeks.

They left it in a pile, and Heathers dog, and Lucy have been pulling the blankets out of the pile and sleeping in them, making a mess daily, that I keep asking something be done about (I would burn it all, but its not mine to decide on).

Well, since we aren't kenneling the dogs when we leave, until my kennel room is done being used as a holding area for crap between my dump runs, the dogs decided to destroy the entire pile of down comforters and such..

Oh, dogs... IMG_20130118_194300_zpsebb33607

Heather tried to get mad at the dogs. I got mad at her and Leevon.

I'm actually quite pleased with the dogs. I wish they'd destroy more crap, or kill the cats.
Back to top Go down
Brandon&Mishka
Newborn
Newborn
Brandon&Mishka

Male Join date : 2013-01-11

Oh, dogs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, dogs...   Oh, dogs... EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 3:03 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

Oh, dogs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, dogs...   Oh, dogs... EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 3:21 pm

Sounds like they shouldn't even be pet owners. Can't stand lazy people who get animals, then won't get off their ass and take care of them.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

Oh, dogs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, dogs...   Oh, dogs... EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 3:48 pm

They have the gull to get mad at you when you don't do THEIR chores?! They sound like pieces of work! They need a good slap in the face and a broom shoved in their hand! I admire your patience, I would have blown up and given them a chunk of my mind long ago! They would have been afraid for their lives! lol
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Oh, dogs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, dogs...   Oh, dogs... EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 4:02 pm

Heather is the only one who gets mad at you for not doing her work.

Leevon is lazy, but he doesn't feel entitled.

One time Leevon and I got yelled at for not walking Dayzee with our other 4 dogs because she pulls far too much to have it be enjoyable, because Heather never walks her.

I'm also pretty certain Dayzee started the down comforter fiasco, since she's the only poorly trained dog, and the one that pulls blankets out of the pile.

I haven't had a chance to sleep yet. My dad had to bring a shop vac over because the down murdered my vaccuum.

He's coming by soon to take me to bloody marys and breakfast. I think I'm going to give Heather the money to euthanize her cats today, and maybe break down and burn the frames of a couple of the stacked couches she doesn't use.

I want my f***ing kennel room back, and I soooooo hate cats. I wish my Husky had prey drive, or that Soshanna and Mixie weren't terrified to get close to a cat from puppy trauma.

Back to top Go down
Brandon&Mishka
Newborn
Newborn
Brandon&Mishka

Oh, dogs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, dogs...   Oh, dogs... EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 4:45 pm

Euthanization money holy smokes.
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Oh, dogs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, dogs...   Oh, dogs... EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 4:51 pm

The cats were supposed to be euthanized half a year ago. They are 16 and are in decline. Its not a sudden decision. Her excuse for not doing it is that she doesn't have the money for it. I do have the money for it. I also don't have emotional attachment to cats.
Back to top Go down
Brandon&Mishka
Newborn
Newborn
Brandon&Mishka

Oh, dogs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, dogs...   Oh, dogs... EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 4:56 pm

Well I wish you luck, Eric.

And I'm not so into cats either xP
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Oh, dogs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, dogs...   Oh, dogs... EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 4:58 pm

I love kitties. It's really sad they aren't getting the care they deserve from your roommate. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Male Join date : 2012-12-19

Oh, dogs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, dogs...   Oh, dogs... EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 9:02 pm

Lol wanting your husky to mangle a cat, you must be pretty peeved.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

Oh, dogs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, dogs...   Oh, dogs... EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 9:40 pm

I also feel pretty bad for the kitties..it's not their fault their owner won't take care of them.

That being said though, there is this stray cat that keeps marking all over our apartment building and pooping on our sidewalks!! AND he is all sickly looking, but won't let anyone get near him to catch him. Sooo I kind of want to him to get hit by a car and die quick and painlessly..but I hate that cat!!

I don't know how you could live with people like that..I would blow a gasket.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

Oh, dogs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, dogs...   Oh, dogs... EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 10:46 pm

Woah... Room mates. It sucks that all the work is being left to you, you're not their mother.
Also, that's an impressive mess, Dayzee so needs walked.. Maybe you could borrow a husky with prey drive from someone else. Like renting goats to clean up blackberry..
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

Oh, dogs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, dogs...   Oh, dogs... EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 11:33 pm

You could borrow Kay if you want Wink

Though that would ruin her training of not killing my cats.
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Oh, dogs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, dogs...   Oh, dogs... EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 6:19 am

I could dress the cats as squirrels, and hopefully she won't notice the shenaningans.

Just an FYI, my hating an animal doesn't mean I allow it to be neglected. The cats are cared for, fed, fresh water every day, litter changed at least every other day, kept up on flea treatments etc, at least by me.

Not to mention I usually wind up payinng for litter and food (albeit I buy them the beneful of catfood at this point)

Its just frustrating. I own 3 dogs, 4 fish, and a turtle already. They require enough care. Then I take care of the other 3 dogs. The cats really aren't my gig. I want a new husky puppy. I can't have that until the house is in order, the cats are gone, and Panzers behavioral issues are tackled better.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Oh, dogs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, dogs...   Oh, dogs... EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 7:14 am

That's why I said by your roommate Wink sounds like they need to put their big boy pants on. Lol
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

Oh, dogs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, dogs...   Oh, dogs... EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 7:19 am

K9_Eric wrote:
I could dress the cats as squirrels, and hopefully she won't notice the shenaningans.
Hahaha.

I honestly wouldn't have guessed you don't like cats. Personally, they freak me out. I don't touch them, and never ever will I ever own one. Although they are super cute when they're far away.
It's nice you still feed and take care of them though. And if they're really getting to the point they should be let go, hopefully she'll do it soon. Not to be mean. Hey, when I'm weird and old and can't do my own stuff, I'd want the same.
Anyways. Room mates. Mad
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

Oh, dogs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, dogs...   Oh, dogs... EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:36 am

This makes me sick, why get animals if they cant look after them themselves.
I feel bad for you, having to live in the smell of cat urine and feceas because of their own neglect and incompetance.

Pack them up and send them to shelters, that'd teach 'em. (The people not the animals Razz)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

Oh, dogs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, dogs...   Oh, dogs... EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 3:53 pm

Wow. I absolutely hate the smell of cat piss. When Juneau was a puppy, I would immediately enzyme clean the pee spot, then shampoo that carpet spot 10 minutes later. lol. If I start to smell "dog" in my house (usually once every few months), I immediately start shampooing each carpeted room until I don't notice it.

Cats are cute, but I am allergic to them (weird how I'm not allergic to Juneau?). I am sorry that you have to clean up after your roommate's laziness! I would be fuming as well. You have the patience of a saint. Good things come to those who wait. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Oh, dogs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, dogs...   Oh, dogs... EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 4:39 pm

Well, we came to some very certain terms this weekend.

The cats' euthanization appointment is paid for with our vet, but not set yet. I'm not going to rush the goodbye period, but the excuse of affordability is gone. I just bought litter and food though, so I'm sure it will be a while.

I have 3 couches, a chair, an ottoman, a tv stand and a credenza to turn into firewood. I have actively torn the upholstery on all of the items to ensure that it is a final decision.

We are sorting through more, tearing up ssome carpet and measuring for the floor padding too.

Sometimes I forget that this is MY home.
Back to top Go down
goaliechick41
Teenager
Teenager
goaliechick41

Female Join date : 2012-12-28

Oh, dogs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, dogs...   Oh, dogs... EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:10 pm

If you hadn't already paid for the appointment I would have offered to lend you Dexter. He REALLY likes cats.
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

Oh, dogs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, dogs...   Oh, dogs... EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 12:54 am

Quote :
Cats are cute, but I am allergic to them (weird how I'm not allergic to Juneau?).
I'm allergic to cats as well but not to dogs lol.

I feel bad that the cats are suffering beyond what is necessary. Hopefully she lets them go soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oh, dogs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh, dogs...   Oh, dogs... Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh, dogs...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1