It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Midwest Snow Storm

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kodaandme2012
Puppy
Puppy
kodaandme2012

Male Join date : 2012-12-11

Midwest Snow Storm Empty
PostSubject: Midwest Snow Storm   Midwest Snow Storm EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 7:54 pm

so how about this snow strom we are having here? i live in central illinois and the wind is just howling, kinda feels like a tornado. It sounds horrible, there is snow flying really hard out side at it actually hurts to get hit with snow, i think there might be ice in the air. phone weather says in currently 30 degrees but i believe it is much colder especially with a wind chill.

Any one have any updates for there area if they are being affected by this same storm?
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Midwest Snow Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwest Snow Storm   Midwest Snow Storm EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:08 pm

Yeah it's 25 degrees here and the wind is 25mph, snow everywhere! lol I think the news said we got 6inches but still snowing here.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

Midwest Snow Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwest Snow Storm   Midwest Snow Storm EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:10 pm

Yeah but ours is in liquid form Sad
Back to top Go down
kodaandme2012
Puppy
Puppy
kodaandme2012

Midwest Snow Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwest Snow Storm   Midwest Snow Storm EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:12 pm

We are currently under a blizzard warning for another 8 hours atleast. A lot of roads are closed and one of them would have been the road i would have to take to work if i was not off today, but i have heard that my job is closed tonight any way.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Midwest Snow Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwest Snow Storm   Midwest Snow Storm EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:16 pm

My school didn't even close today, everyone else was! I was so pissed, but I had to take my final, so whatever
Back to top Go down
kodaandme2012
Puppy
Puppy
kodaandme2012

Midwest Snow Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwest Snow Storm   Midwest Snow Storm EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:18 pm

I went to a high school like that, small school, and even when every school in the county was closed we were still going.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Midwest Snow Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwest Snow Storm   Midwest Snow Storm EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:24 pm

I went to Centerville high school and they would only close if Fairmont did, but sometimes we would still have to go even if everyone else was closed. Sad Snow days were the best, I had one on my birthday and it was an awesome b day present!
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

Female Join date : 2012-07-03

Midwest Snow Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwest Snow Storm   Midwest Snow Storm EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:24 pm

its 46 in north west ohio supposed to get lots of snow tonight and its supposed to feel like 8 degrees with the wind chill. crazy stuff lol cant wait for the snow though (:
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Midwest Snow Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwest Snow Storm   Midwest Snow Storm EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:27 pm

Yay snow! I wish it could be warm and still snow. But that's asking for the impossible.
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Male Join date : 2012-08-10

Midwest Snow Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwest Snow Storm   Midwest Snow Storm EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:30 pm

kodaandme2012 wrote:
I went to a high school like that, small school, and even when every school in the county was closed we were still going.

Where are you at that it's a blizzard? Right now the rain has stopped for the moment but it is still 42 degrees out. It is supposed to start raining again soon and change over to snow in a few hours. We are only supposed to get 1-2 inches though Sad
Back to top Go down
kodaandme2012
Puppy
Puppy
kodaandme2012

Midwest Snow Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwest Snow Storm   Midwest Snow Storm EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:32 pm

my high school was in menard county and they never liked to close. currently the blizzard where i live is in Jacksonville, IL <Morgan County>
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Midwest Snow Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwest Snow Storm   Midwest Snow Storm EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:37 pm

kodaandme2012 wrote:
my high school was in menard county and they never liked to close. currently the blizzard where i live is in Jacksonville, IL <Morgan County>

Oh, wow so your like 4 hours from me. It's wild that your that far south of me but it's snowing like that, and we have none! We only have a winter storm warning with an inch or so expected, but of course everyone is going to forget how to drive!
Back to top Go down
kodaandme2012
Puppy
Puppy
kodaandme2012

Midwest Snow Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwest Snow Storm   Midwest Snow Storm EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:43 pm

Quote :
but of course everyone is going to forget how to drive

some friends told me high way 24 was closed due to the snow and accidents on the road.

did you hear about the pile up in iowa last night at 1:30 am central time
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Midwest Snow Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwest Snow Storm   Midwest Snow Storm EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:47 pm

kodaandme2012 wrote:
Quote :
but of course everyone is going to forget how to drive

some friends told me high way 24 was closed due to the snow and accidents on the road.

did you hear about the pile up in iowa last night at 1:30 am central time

No, I didn't. People around here can't really drive around here anyway, and when it snows you either have people that drive like 20mph or that go WAY to fast. Especially the one's driving big SUV's that think they can drive however they want
Back to top Go down
kodaandme2012
Puppy
Puppy
kodaandme2012

Midwest Snow Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwest Snow Storm   Midwest Snow Storm EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:52 pm

yea it was a 25 car pile up ending in 1 fatality, there was wide spread damage every where. yea i refuse to go and drive in chicago land due to the horrible drivers, not every one but enough that i dont wanna go. than again i have never had a reason to go up there. i have drove alot in st louis, MO and thats pretty crazy some times to
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Midwest Snow Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwest Snow Storm   Midwest Snow Storm EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 8:55 pm

kodaandme2012 wrote:
yea it was a 25 car pile up ending in 1 fatality, there was wide spread damage every where. yea i refuse to go and drive in chicago land due to the horrible drivers, not every one but enough that i dont wanna go. than again i have never had a reason to go up there. i have drove alot in st louis, MO and thats pretty crazy some times to

Driving is a contact sport around here LOL. I used to work downtown and drove in every day and it was a nightmare! I live southeast from the city in Northwestern IN so you have a mix of city and country drivers lol
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

Midwest Snow Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwest Snow Storm   Midwest Snow Storm EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 9:39 pm

jschrader wrote:
kodaandme2012 wrote:

Oh, wow so your like 4 hours from me. It's wild that your that far south of me but it's snowing like that, and we have none! We only have a winter storm warning with an inch or so expected, but of course everyone is going to forget how to drive!

I'm 2.5 hours South of you and our snow storm started around 3pm. I left work at 3:30pm and the roads were bad. By the time I got home, visibility was very slim. My car was rocking when I was stopped at the lights. I'm home now, thank goodness, but the wind is so bad the tree limbs are banging against the roof of my front porch. That's never happened before!
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

Midwest Snow Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwest Snow Storm   Midwest Snow Storm EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 9:46 pm

It's just been rain here in SE Michigan all dang day. We are supposed to maybe get a couple inches tomorrow but I doubt it will stick because of the warm ground. We are supposed to get 50 mph winds though.
Back to top Go down
SaberK
Adult
Adult
SaberK

Female Join date : 2012-07-11

Midwest Snow Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwest Snow Storm   Midwest Snow Storm EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 9:50 pm

I'm pretty close to Chicago and so far it's only been rain. Weather guys are saying only about an inch around here. We'll see since I don't trust what they have to say!
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

Midwest Snow Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwest Snow Storm   Midwest Snow Storm EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:08 pm

I have about 12 inches so far and its still snowing, we are under s blizzard warning until 3am tomorrow. I woke up to 6 inches and then we also got 5 hours of rain today before the blizzard started. I have so many broken branches and the power keeps going out. I can't even lift one shovel full of snow, its so heavy and wet. Going to be an interesting drive in the morning. Stay safe everyone!!
Back to top Go down
zizzuki
Puppy
Puppy
zizzuki

Female Join date : 2012-11-28

Midwest Snow Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwest Snow Storm   Midwest Snow Storm EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:28 pm

im so jealous Sad i love snow so much and we havent had it since the nor easter in november :'(
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

Midwest Snow Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwest Snow Storm   Midwest Snow Storm EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:32 pm

It stopped snowing here but the wind is bad! My lights keep flickering. Time to light the candles!
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

Midwest Snow Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwest Snow Storm   Midwest Snow Storm EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:47 pm

Only a few inches by us, but my family in Wisconsin has about 8 inches! I was going to drive up there today, but the gusty winds convinced me otherwise.
Back to top Go down
kodaandme2012
Puppy
Puppy
kodaandme2012

Midwest Snow Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwest Snow Storm   Midwest Snow Storm EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 10:59 pm

it is no longer snowing in my area gonna estimate that we got a couple inches, but the wind is still going like a tornado
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

Midwest Snow Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwest Snow Storm   Midwest Snow Storm EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 12:35 am

Driving is a contact sport now because people won't use the proper tires on their vehicles. All season tires at best are a lie. Not just a lie but a real big frickin lie. Yeah snow tires can be an expense no one wants to make it could be a pay me now or possibly pay with your life later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Midwest Snow Storm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Midwest Snow Storm   Midwest Snow Storm Empty

Back to top Go down

Midwest Snow Storm

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next