It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Trying to get Husky/dane mix

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Yadriel
Newborn
Newborn

Trying to get Husky/dane mix Empty
PostSubject: Trying to get Husky/dane mix   Trying to get Husky/dane mix EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:20 pm

Hi everyone, had a Great dane/Siberian Husky mix for 16 years , recenly died. The guy that gave us puppy when i was 8 years old , said that he probably wasnt gonna live more than 8 years because of his dane heritage, and he outlived all our other dogs lol. Anyway I want to get exacly same mix , thats the best ive had and i wanna get another one. Any idea if there are certain breeders that breed them? Thank you for your help.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get Husky/dane mix   Trying to get Husky/dane mix EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:55 pm

Most reputable breeders won't breed mixed breeds. Breeders breed for the betterment of the breed, and thus to breed a mix is to go against the breed standards of both dogs involved. I hate to say it, but the likelihood that you will find another dog with that same mix is VERY slim.

What is it that you liked about your dog? I'm sure you can find the qualities of that dog in another breed or in a mixed breed dog that you find at a shelter.

Trying to get Husky/dane mix Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Yadriel
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get Husky/dane mix   Trying to get Husky/dane mix EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:01 am

Yeah , thats why i came here , maybe someone , knew someone and i dont know . I know ppl that sell labradoodles , so i figure i check if someone sells my mix. He was actually very calm, not as energetic as the huskys ive seen. More of a couch potato than anything actually. He almost never bark , but he did howl every frigin night. He was as big as a dane , very careful with kids , had short hair , face was full husky actually , with the exception of brown eyes. May look to see if i have photo. TY for responding
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get Husky/dane mix   Trying to get Husky/dane mix EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:23 am

Sometimes I feel as dense as iridium. Truly baffled and strangely intrigued...
Trying to get Husky/dane mix _DSC4842

I have nothing of substance to offer in the way of help finding your next dog.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get Husky/dane mix   Trying to get Husky/dane mix EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:34 am

I would look for a lab/shepherd mix, or a husky/shepherd mix. Shelters are full of them. I would also suggest NOT getting a puppy because ANY puppy is exactly the opposite of what you describe! Smile I'm sorry about your dog, and I would love to see pictures. I'm sure you will find another that fills your heart though.

Back to top Go down
Yadriel
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get Husky/dane mix   Trying to get Husky/dane mix EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:41 am

In shelter they had one that was shepherd/husky mix , but they said they didnt recommend if i had little kids. I have a 3 year old nephew that loves the dogs , i wouldnt want to take risk. And ty , has been hard , had that dog from when i was 8 years old to my my 24s.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get Husky/dane mix   Trying to get Husky/dane mix EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:47 am

Yeah, huskies can be great with kids, but their energy level intimidates alot of people and small children especially. Honestly I would look for more of a lab/shepherd mix. Or if you wanted to go the breeder route, Bernese mt dogs are GREAT family dogs, but any x-large breed has a much shorter life expectancy than a husky would.

Back to top Go down
Yadriel
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get Husky/dane mix   Trying to get Husky/dane mix EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:48 am

So i heard . What is the lifespam of a husky?
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get Husky/dane mix   Trying to get Husky/dane mix EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:51 am

Average is 15-16 years, which is on the long side for any breed.

Back to top Go down
Yadriel
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get Husky/dane mix   Trying to get Husky/dane mix EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:53 am

No wonder my Great Dusky lasted so mutch. Well , guess if anything doesnt turn up , ill start looking into other breeds
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get Husky/dane mix   Trying to get Husky/dane mix EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:56 am

Good luck! If I see anything, I'll post back here and let you know. If you do get another husky mix and need any help/training tips, you know where to find us Smile

Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get Husky/dane mix   Trying to get Husky/dane mix EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:56 am

Those are some tough shoes to fill. The dog I had through my transformation years is still hard to talk about. In fact I don't talk about him, it's been over three years and still I can't deal with it properly. But I caution you to not judge a dog by it's breed/mix. So far I've had four Malamutes and none of them are comparable to each other. I can tell you this though: puppies suck.
Back to top Go down
Yadriel
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get Husky/dane mix   Trying to get Husky/dane mix EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:59 am

Ty so mutch for help Koda and i apreciate if you do post back if anything turns up. And i do know puppies suck LOL. Getting them housebroken , is the biggest pain in history and i dont know about Huskys, but my husky/dane mix , used to dig holes all over. Between that and the howling , it used to drive us crazy.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get Husky/dane mix   Trying to get Husky/dane mix EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:07 am

Where are you located Yadriel?

Back to top Go down
Yadriel
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get Husky/dane mix   Trying to get Husky/dane mix EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:09 am

Madrid =)
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get Husky/dane mix   Trying to get Husky/dane mix EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:11 am

In Spain?

Back to top Go down
Yadriel
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get Husky/dane mix   Trying to get Husky/dane mix EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:12 am

yes , thats right.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get Husky/dane mix   Trying to get Husky/dane mix EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:13 am

Okay... cause there's towns in the US named Madrid too :-p Check your PMs

Back to top Go down
...YouKnowWho
Forum Nazi and B*tcher
...YouKnowWho

Male Join date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get Husky/dane mix   Trying to get Husky/dane mix EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:15 am

Well welcome aboard. You're welcome to check in and chat with us as much as you like. Check out the Holiday Hijack for any random daily discussions too.

Posts made by me are not associated or approved by itsahuskything.com. It is widely known that I am a misfit, ingrate, degenerate, brash, trenchant, sardonic, brusque, forthright individual. It should be remembered that all parties operate on the internet and any offense taken from the internet should immediately be followed by a thorough evaluation of one's personal sanity.

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Moderator
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get Husky/dane mix   Trying to get Husky/dane mix EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:19 am

Fernando Alonso is from España! Ferrari FTW!!!
Back to top Go down
Yadriel
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get Husky/dane mix   Trying to get Husky/dane mix EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:19 am

hahaha Ty for the welcomes, and yeah , ill stay around.
Back to top Go down
harmonytime
Acoustic Howler
harmonytime

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get Husky/dane mix   Trying to get Husky/dane mix EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 5:58 pm

hey there - I have a husky/shepherd/dane mix... he does howl, but only occasionally and digs like he's trying to find oil or China! We got him from a shelter as a pup who neglected to mention he was part dane. He's about 33" at the back and was HELL as a pup but he's a great, gentle goof... But we also had a Shepherd/Mastiff that was exactly like him. Just look around - you'll know which one is right for you by the look in their eyes and how they interact with you.

Trying to get Husky/dane mix Evo_no10

Trying to get Husky/dane mix Evo_wi10

Trying to get Husky/dane mix Evo_te10
Back to top Go down
Yadriel
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get Husky/dane mix   Trying to get Husky/dane mix EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:48 pm

Hey! Lovely pup! Im trying to find one , they are offering me a husky/alaskan mix, but i dont know if i wanna have an active dog around house and my parents live in Puerto Rico and i wouldnt like my dog to die when i take him to visit LOL. Ill keep searching. Ty everyone again.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get Husky/dane mix   Trying to get Husky/dane mix EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:01 am

An alaskan husky? From my understanding, they are no more active than siberian huskies are... I think the mix would be similar.

You're a brave person to take your pup on that long of a plane ride to visit your parents! Yikes!

Back to top Go down
Yadriel
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get Husky/dane mix   Trying to get Husky/dane mix EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:10 am

Hahaha when i go down there, i go for 3 weeks or so . I wasnt able to go 3 weeks without my pup hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get Husky/dane mix   Trying to get Husky/dane mix Empty

Back to top Go down

Trying to get Husky/dane mix

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next