It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Some neighbors are just so.............

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

Some neighbors are just so............. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 9:50 pm

My neighbor is one of those people that thinks everyone should be like him and tries to take charge, he even does it to his wife.
So one day I was going out to the mailbox and he was in his garage and he started to run his mouth to me. I was like, did I give you permission to speak to me he was like What! Then I said it again he was like permission. I said yea, I did not give you permission so shut the hell up. Then walked back into the house laughing my butt off. He has not said a word to me since then.
So I say if your neighbor says anything to you again just say "Did I give you permission to speak to me". Confuse the hell out of them.
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

Female Join date : 2012-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 11:24 pm

Thanks for the support Chris, I'll let you know when to start the letters!! Wink

Thanks for all the info on the GCC, it looks like we have good bit of work to do to get her ready for that, but I want to get her started on it soon, it wouldn't hurt to do all three of my dogs with this!
I am heading to petsmart to tomorrow for more food, so I'm going to get all the info on their classes, if you could get me the location your first trainer is at that would be awesome, I'm up for travelling for a quality trainer!
I LOVE your suggestion Deb, that is something I would have never thought about saying to someone lol
Back to top Go down
ZoeTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
ZoeTheHusky

Male Join date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 12:01 am

Haha no problem Shawna and just let me know!
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 1:30 am

I agree with Chris. I'm sending you hundreds of letters with my wolves!

I actually got asked today if they were wolves. I turned around and said "Yes, and they will eat your face off." because they asked me RIGHT after I was telling some one that they were sibes, not mals, and the girls were standing right next to her.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Puppy
Puppy
Fenrir

Male Join date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 1:39 pm

I get the question everytime I take my pup somewhere, but it's usually in an "ooooh" kind of way, not in an "OHSHIT" kind of way.
Back to top Go down
henielsen
Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

Female Join date : 2011-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 2:06 pm

I get the wolf remark oddly enough at Petsmart more then anywhere else. Normally by people buying fish though.

I'm sorry but I would have been more concerned with her following me and possible taking pictures. Do you carry pepper spray on your runs? I don't talk to my neighbors much (the ones I have left since the houses either never sold or aren't selling). Besides none are that close to me. I would also get some webcams pointed at the gates and what not.....but I'm paranoid that way Suspect
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 2:41 pm

henielsen wrote:
I get the wolf remark oddly enough at Petsmart more then anywhere else. Normally by people buying fish though.

I'm sorry but I would have been more concerned with her following me and possible taking pictures. Do you carry pepper spray on your runs? I don't talk to my neighbors much (the ones I have left since the houses either never sold or aren't selling). Besides none are that close to me. I would also get some webcams pointed at the gates and what not.....but I'm paranoid that way Suspect

That's a good point! Can you file a complaint against her for the harrassment?
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 2:53 pm

Lol tiff and Chris, you two are awesome, I love it!

I asked her this morning if I could have the pictures to put on my Facebook because I don't have any of me and snow..she went inside once I started to talk...lol
I do not carry mase or pepper spray but I will need to start. We have the ADT security cams around the front door, but none that point towards the driveway, I wonder if that is something I could have ADT do, or if I would have to just get my own...that's a very good idea though. I'm super paranoid and freak out at the slightest noise around my house (hence the ADT cams haha)
As far as filing a complaint, I did tell the officer that she was either taking pics or a video of me, but he said that he couldn't really do anything about that, even though she was following me because it would be her word against mine and he couldn't seize her phone without some type of suspicion that she was intending to cause harm.....or some crap like that.
I asked the hubby if we could get another husky today. He didn't outright say no this time, so I may be wearing him down. Smile
Back to top Go down
henielsen
Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 3:34 pm

Well I just looked for you on youtube.....I did a search for crazy neighbor with wolf dog. No hits LOL
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Omg lmao!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 3:36 pm

ShawnaAD wrote:

I asked the hubby if we could get another husky today. He didn't outright say no this time, so I may be wearing him down. Smile

That's a good sign! It took a lot of wearing down around here! Took TWO years of wearing down before we got Kody and then 2 days of wearing down before we kept Asia. See the difference there Razz
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 5:00 pm

Something to keep in mind. She can not post any pics of you with out your permission. It's called invasion of privacy, it's a touchy subject but since she took them for the sole propose of slandering you I am pretty sure you can have something done about it. If she does and starts bad mouthing you and such you can get her for slander.

Do a search for the info or call one of those free lawyer info lines. They can tell what the law is on that.

Since she used a cell phone it may even involve the cell company and they will have to remove them.

Slander

1.defamation; calumny: rumors full of slander.

2.a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report: a slander against his good name.
3.Law . defamation by oral utterance rather than by writing, pictures, etc.

Back to top Go down
henielsen
Teenager
Teenager
henielsen

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 6:12 pm

Some neighbors are just so............. - Page 2 529155_3570475387836_1451543227_2993675_90161370_n

LOL I just saw this on FB and thought of this thread...sorry not only am I paranoid I also have a strange sense of humor.
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 7:03 pm

The hubby said no to a second dog before we got Mia, our greyhound.....but I don't think there was anyway we could say no to her. She was 11 days old and someone handed her to me in the Walmart parking lot.....then when snow came around it was another "I can't say no" deal....so hmm..maybe we can find a husky in need of a home or something that we can rescue... If our yard was completely fenced in I think he would be more willing...so anyone that does fence in Orlando, let's get on it...we can start at 4am Hahaha and bring your husky, my neighbors will LOVE me! Smile

but in all seriousness, deb, thanks for the info. I really appreciate that! And heather, that stalker banner is great! I need one!! LOL

I hope you guys are having an awesome weekend!
Back to top Go down
ZoeTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
ZoeTheHusky

Male Join date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 8:36 pm

Quote :
I asked her this morning if I could have the pictures to put on my Facebook because I don't have any of me and snow..she went inside once I started to talk...lol

Literally laughed out loud when I read this haha

Quote :
I'm sorry but I would have been more concerned with her following me and possible taking pictures.

+1 on this haha
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 10:12 pm

Quote :
I'm sorry but I would have been more concerned with her following me and possible taking pictures.

Give her something to really talk about. Next time she is taking pics or video ........... shoot the moon. affraid
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 10:27 pm

lmao oh god, then you would really be able to youtube 'crazy wolf neighbor' and see my ass!

Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 9:11 am

Wise words from my Father in Law.

"Good Fences make good Neighbors".

Yours does indeed sound like a "Special" kind of crazy though.

Guess I'm just lucky. My Immediate neighbors are actually pretty nice people. The women beside me loves Tika, and the other couple have a Berm that Tika is smitten with. Just yesterday they were coming home from supper as I was passing and Tika rushed up to the Berm to say Hello and to get pet my them.

Other people in my area are daffy though. There is a Husky that live a couple of blocks over from me that has been Shaved 2 weeks ago for the summer. We were still in the 30s temp wise last week.

We bumped into her at some point and asked about shaving her Husky. "I can't stand the coat blowing, there's just too much fur" was the answer we got. I was taken aback because most of the time someone will at least tell you it's for the heat..... I can deal with people who are misinformed but I have nothing to say to people who are just lazy... So I just reply "Oh I see".

"Yeah we used to shave our last Husky every year too". So yeah... The simple fact this wasn't her first Sibe just blew my mind.

~Chris~
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 10:28 am

Lol thats wise advice. I need to fence off the rest of my yard. Hopefully by the end of the summer it will be done!

Wow, I don't think anything could ever make me shave snow, I'm OCD when it comes to a clean house and with her shedding it really doesn't involve much more than sweeping and Dusting once a day. And did u say 30s??? I think it got down to the 30s like once this year lol I wish it would get cooler here!

Back to top Go down
artoaky
Teenager
Teenager
artoaky

Male Join date : 2012-02-15

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 10:44 am

lmao that lady WOW. like what a douche. I'd kill her with kindness. Everytime I'd see her I'd wave and then have Snow wave at her as well. It will make her feel like a complete idiot and also be fun for you.

I'm fortunate to have a Golden retriever next door named "Molly" which is Luna's best friend. Molly is trained to not run away and I can trust Luna off the leash when she's playing with Molly because she follows Molly wherever she goes haha.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Some neighbors are just so.............

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2