It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Some neighbors are just so.............

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

Female Join date : 2012-03-30

Some neighbors are just so............. Empty
PostSubject: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 9:48 pm

So this afternoon while getting snows harness for our run, my husband opened the garage door thinking i already had her hooked up.....she took off after a squirrel down my front drive way (and almost caught the thing) and i caught her right before she made it to road. The neighbors, who i have NEVER talked to were outside and were just staring at us like we were crazy....so, i hook her up and off we go. Once we were maybe 1/2 mile down the community a car pulls up to me and just stops right in the middle of the road. The neighbor gets out of her car and tells me she just called Animal Control Services because my wolf was running wild in the community and she didn't feel comfortable because her grandson sometimes comes over in the early mornings and she could hurt him. After just standing there dumbfounded about the wolf comment and having to bite my tounge with the rediculous grandson comment I politely tell her that my 'wolf' is infact a husky, and she has never been out without a leash, it just so happened that she got away while we were hooking her up, and I had full control of her within 10 seconds of her being loose. Then I explained that I have a two year old that she absolutley adores, so she would have no cause for concern if Snow was ever around her grandson.
She then tells me that I needed to just get rid of snow because she is not a dog that should be in a residential community.
We just bought our house in November, and have become great friends with everyone on all sides of my house, besides these neighbors because they seem to think they are better than everyone else...so anyways, after she starts holding up traffic i put my earphones in and continue on my run while the psycho follows me in her car and it looked like she was taking pictures of me on her cell phone...after a few minutes I finally just say screw it and cut around the lake and back to my house. About an hour later Animal Care and Protective Services and a police officer come knocking on my door telling me they had a complaint in my neighborhood, and the "annoymous" party claimed I was letting my wolf dog in my neighbors yard and it was attacking an older lady. I about lost it. So i let the guys in my house, let them both meet snow and see she isn't anywhere near capable of attacking any person, and after 30 minutes of telling them what happened, the police officer says that he cant do anything about the neighbor making false claims and that since it was an annoymous call he isn't allowed to go to anyone on my blocks house and confirm it was them who called.....eventhough the whole time said neighbor was standing at the edge of her driveway trying to hear everything we talked about....

I hate people sometimes. ugh
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 9:56 pm

WOW!! I would take Snow's poop and go smear it on her door.

lol!
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:00 pm

WOW.... I would then have to get a 2nd one...lol. That is the biggest load of BS I have ever read. I had someone walk behind me 20 yards oh so, and then finally catch up after I am done walking my dog to tell me that I can not walk my dog on his property. I told him that My DOG hasn't walked on his property. She actually prefers to walk AROUND yours. Cali would walk from one side of the road to his , and then back to the correct side to walk on. That was BEFORE he ever came to "talk" to us. After that lil trip. I started carrying my .45 and cell phone just in case. Later on I started to bag her pooh on other walks around and bring it back to his property and empty the bags... lol SUCKER. I hope in your case the cops become desensitized about the complaints and just go- ok ya whatever
Back to top Go down
snrose
Adult
Adult
snrose

Female Join date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:00 pm

jesus....sorry to hear this happened. some people Some neighbors are just so............. 1625187496
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:16 pm

Shocked Woah! What the heck is wrong with people?!!! You so kept your cool. I would have gone off on that lady!!!

I really hate people sometimes!
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:18 pm

Find some other Floridians and have a husky party! See how they like that... just saying
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:32 pm

Do you live in an HOA
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 10:48 pm

WOW! I don't even know what to say to that! Luckily, I've only had positive reactions to my dogs.
Back to top Go down
Kishirian
Newborn
Newborn
Kishirian

Male Join date : 2012-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 11:02 pm

Yeah..I have a neighbor like that too. He's called animal control because he thought our miniature pinscher was too thin.
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 11:14 pm

Should tell him you tried to use miracle grow but it didn't work, sprinkle it on and water it..got it but its still a min pin

People...geez
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 11:42 pm

WOW! That lady is one sandwich short of a picnic! Some busy bodies need to mind their own business. Crazy lady obviously doesn't know much about dog's or wolves lol
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 12:55 am

Sounds like some crap my neighbors back in Oklahoma would pull. I seriously referred to my street as Wisteria Lane (Desperate Housewives) because there was always so much drama from the busybodies. Be very careful with that situation though, and document EVERYTHING so that you are covered if they go after your "wolfdog" again. I would also HIGHLY recommend getting Snow through the training courses up through Canine Good Citizen, since it will protect both you and Snow. We're active duty and move a lot, and we got CGC as soon as we possibly could because of people like that. What a flipping idiot!

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Some neighbors are just so............. 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 10:35 am

LOL I love the poop ideas! She was sitting on her porch this morning when we went for our run, so im waiting to see what she has to say next...this time my beagle also came along, lets hope he isn't confused for a bear Smile
Ive never even seen these people before yesterday, so I don't know whats going on!

I don't really know how to quote multiple people at once...so bear with me haha
As far as the HOA goes, I live in an older golf community, its not gated, and we have no HOA, the neighbor on the other side of me breeds pitbulls (i have my own thoughts on this but will keep my mouth shut) and currently has 9 six week old puppys running around at any given time and he has never had trouble with her.

I would love to have a husky party! I live on the end of a cul de sac, and definitely have the room for one! However I haven't met another husky owner in 'real' life yet, you guys are about the extent of it!!
I am seriously considering another Husky though, that is of course if I can talk the hubby into it. We have three dogs (husky, beagle, greyhound mix) and he says that three is enough. I disagree and say that we could comfortably fit a fourth but i'll let you know what my progress is on that one haha

As far as the Canine Good Citizen goes, I will look that up as soon as i'm done typing and I will document everything that goes on. Thanks for the advice! Smile
Snow may of had a rough past but somehow she turned out to be an amazing girl, and she has never met a person she didn't like....although part of me wishes she really would have tried to attack this lady. lol
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 11:03 am

Yes, I say try to find other husky owners and have a husky party in your back yard at least twice a week...lol
I have a neighbor that hates both my husky and GSD. I think AC has been to my house 3 times no clue how many times he has called. He actually kicks and shakes or fence which in turn makes my dog bark at him. He throws things at them swings brooms. He even opened our gate once and they got out.
AC told him if he didn't like our dogs to put up a privacy fence and to leave us alone.
AC told me if I catch him antagonizing my dogs again to call them and they will write him a ticket.
Good luck with your neighbor. Hopefully where you live AC keeps track of the people who complain a lot about nothing. Plus since she has already made one false claim that is one mark against her.
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 11:57 am

OH wow, if i caught someone opening up my gate to let my dogs out I'd flip out on them! That is crossing the line there!
We do not have a fully fenced in yard...my yard is weird and at the far north end of it it kind of goes into this funky triangle type deal, so the previous people had a 'dog area' for their dogs, and put up a 3 ft fence connecting the two privacy areas on both ends (I'll have to take a picture of it for a visual lol) my beagle and greyhound like to play in there, but Snow prefers the indoors.

I'm going to try to be civil with this lady for now, but I'm not too sure how long this will last. I've had snow for almost three months now, and this is the first time i've ever had any type of trouble with these neighbors, but then again, its the first time ive really ever seen them, so lets hope things go back to the way they were, where I dont see them, and they dont see me....but just in case....anyone on here that lives in Orlando, you are all MORE than welcome at my house with your dogs.... I'll even dogsit for you!! haha Smile

Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 2:54 pm

Some people really have nothing better to do :/ I like the poop ideas, in fact, you may as well go and buy a wolf, a bear and a wild cat of some sort and keep them in your front yard just to make her day!
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 3:20 pm

wait did the animal control or the cop actually give you a ticket? Animal control should see that your dog is a husky. That neighbor is an idiot. I have been stopped by a cop here walking Maggie, I had to run up and get some paperwork to prove she wasn't a wolf. Here we have a wolf hybrid breeder that has breed some very aggressive dogs.
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 3:51 pm

No, i didn't get a ticket. The cop came because the lady said Snow was attacking someone..once I let them in the house and they saw snow, who was being used as a body pillow while watching cartoons with my 2 year old at the time, they figured it was just her way of getting them to come out quick.
I showed them my paperwork from the vet that stated she was a husky, but the AC guy said that he didn't need to do anything with it, clearly anyone can tell she is full husky.
It was more of a pain in the ass than anything else. I've had her out in the front yard most of the afternoon with me while I do yardwork..so far AC hasn't come back, so im hoping these people go back to their own lives and leave me alone.
It really bugs me because the other neighbor lets his pitbull run around unleashed every day, and although she is an absolute sweetheart, you would think they would call on them and not me lol

Question about the Canine Good Citizen, does she have to have AKC paperwork to go through this course? From what very little research i have done i noticed it is done through the AKC, and while snow is full bred, i have zero paperwork on her.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 3:57 pm

CFLSnowdogs! You should come to one of our meet ups! Like the one in Sanford or the one in Orlando (though not too many people go to the Orlando one cause it's a small park).

I think you might, but you can get AKC paperwork on her and even mixes. You just do it differently than regular AKC paperwork and it allows you to enter any shows and programs except for conformation shows, because those only allow unaltered dogs.

Some neighbors are just so............. Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 3:58 pm

you don't have to have papers to get her CGC. She will be registered with the AKC as a good citizen. You don't have to take a class. It is a test! I bet people on her can tell you what to except and work on. We still have to work on loose leash. lol. It is a lifesaver with crazy people like this!
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:06 pm

I keep meaning to come to one of the meetups!! I actually live right by the tiny park in orlando, we've been once, but that was it. Snow isn't fixed yet and I am kind of scared to take her anywhere until after I have it done. We just had our little greyhound fixed, so she is next Smile
How do you do the AKC paperwork?

And I think we are going to have to do a little work before we are ready for the test, and i am most definitely open to any suggestions/copys/feedback on what to expect!
It would be nice to have something other than 'my word' to prove she is a good dog.

Lets have the next CFLSnowdogs meetup at my house! HAHA Smile
Back to top Go down
ShawnaAD
Teenager
Teenager
ShawnaAD

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:08 pm

*that is totally supposed to say OPINIONS where it says Copys on what to expect from the test....stupid ipad autocorrect!
Back to top Go down
ZoeTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
ZoeTheHusky

Male Join date : 2012-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 4:44 pm

Reading this post just made me so mad! I hate how some people are just sooo freaking stupid. I mean how is it possible that they even hold jobs or graduate high school. It's like they were never socialized into society. I could make this a huge rant but I don't think I need to just had to say something.

ANYWAYS, if something like this happens again and things get bad between yall, I think we should all write a letter so she gets 100 letters with pictures of "wolves" and how loving they are. Also in the letter I would love to tell her how stupid and ignorant she is.

Last edited by ZoeTheHusky on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 5:40 pm

ShawnaAD wrote:

How do you do the AKC paperwork?

And I think we are going to have to do a little work before we are ready for the test, and i am most definitely open to any suggestions/copys/feedback on what to expect!
It would be nice to have something other than 'my word' to prove she is a good dog.

Biko, passed his GCC test Feb. 1st, I would suggest taking a GCC class just for the additional bonding process and so you know what to expect on test day.It isn't a difficult test BUT there is little to no leeway by the person giving you the test. The day Biko took his test I had doubts as some days on class he would be flawless and others a pain in the butt. (I found he did better if fed before class) He was great test day. Cool Only 4 0f 10 dogs passed that day in our group.

You'll received a paper from the person testing your dog if you pass, make it out (very simple form) send in your $8 (?) and within a few weeks you'll received your GCC certificate in the mail.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 8:30 pm

Here4thePics wrote:

You'll received a paper from the person testing your dog if you pass, make it out (very simple form) send in your $8 (?) and within a few weeks you'll received your GCC certificate in the mail.

It is $8, we finally got around to sending ours in about 6 weeks ago. We finally got the certificate last week. We have had excellent luck with the Petsmart training classes up here, but I understand the trainers can be a little hit or miss at Petsmart. That being said, our first trainer (who is great) did move down to Orlando in November. I'm not sure which store she's at and I know Orlando is a decent sized area, but I can shoot her a note on Facebook and find out where she teaches.

I like your passive aggressive approach with working outside and having snow with you all day. Sounds like something I'd do Cool

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Some neighbors are just so............. 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some neighbors are just so.............   Some neighbors are just so............. Empty

Back to top Go down

Some neighbors are just so.............

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next