It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Stained white fur?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nira Sky
Puppy
Puppy
Nira Sky

Male Join date : 2012-02-21

Stained white fur? Empty
PostSubject: Stained white fur?   Stained white fur? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 11:09 pm

Just gave Nira her first bath, but she has some stains on her legs and butt. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good whitening shampoo to get rid of the stains. The stains are from the breeders house, not sure exactly what the stains are from.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

Stained white fur? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stained white fur?   Stained white fur? EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 11:18 pm

I'm starting to really like Quadruped shampoos and the whitening one works pretty well for me. http://quadrupedpetcare.com/wp/products?pid=14

I also like the Pro-line Self-rinse whitening shampoo.
http://www.dogwise.com/itemdetails.cfm?ID=3csh210

I bathe Elara in the Quadruped the day before a show and use the Pro-line the day of the show and it gets her really white. You have to spray on the pro-line to where it gets all sudsy and work it into the fur and then take it off with a towel. It's crazy when you thought your dog was pretty clean and then you look at the towel and it's black now!

Note: Really bad stains are almost impossible to get out with just shampoo. If the stain is bad enough, you just have to wait until the dog blows coat and becomes white again.

Stained white fur? Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

Stained white fur? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stained white fur?   Stained white fur? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:45 am

Try baby wipes.
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

Stained white fur? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stained white fur?   Stained white fur? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 10:36 am

I would just wait for the natural shed cycle to handle it. My boys get stains from the Oklahoma red dirt that don't wash out. I don't like even using shampoos as they tend to be harsh on their coats (even the oatmeal natural ones) and certainly I don't like using any with chemicals.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

Stained white fur? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stained white fur?   Stained white fur? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 11:02 am

I use Espree bright white shampoo on my Dalmatians.

Try using Mane N Tail shampoo! You can pick it up at like rite-aid, Walgreens, Sally's, etc. It's cheap and a shampoo/conditioner for horses thats safe for people and dogs! It's really moisturizing and I just did a little research and it says that many groomers choose to use this over other dog shampoos. It works really well on my hair, so I know it will work great on you're pups too and won't dry on the skin. I'm actually gonna try it out on my pup today.
Back to top Go down
Nira Sky
Puppy
Puppy
Nira Sky

Male Join date : 2012-02-21

Stained white fur? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stained white fur?   Stained white fur? EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:08 pm

thanks for the tips!! Smile
Back to top Go down
chaseandcaitlyn
Newborn
Newborn
chaseandcaitlyn

Female Join date : 2011-12-30

Stained white fur? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stained white fur?   Stained white fur? EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 8:44 am

I have horses too, and I love using Mane N Tail. Especially the conditioner, helped my mare's mane a lot. I have used the shampoo myself and on the dogs and I can't say enough good about it. Cheap, and it works!
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Male Join date : 2012-08-10

Stained white fur? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stained white fur?   Stained white fur? EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 12:05 pm

I have been wondering the same thing...When I got Yukon (he is all white), he was stained orange from the breeder. They said it was from him playing in his food dish. I can attest to that because when he eats food and water is all over the place.

He seems to be gradually getting whiter as he sheds. I tried a whitening shampoo and also had him taken to the groomer that did a whitening shampoo and did not notice a big difference.

@chaseandcaitlyn = where in northern IN are you at? I am also in northern IN!
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

Stained white fur? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stained white fur?   Stained white fur? EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 1:22 pm

Resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has recommendations on whitening shampoos. My dogs are not all white so I want something that I can use on their legs that get stained when we trail run in the Mississippi mud but won't harm their gray/black colors.
Back to top Go down
Monika30
Puppy
Puppy
Monika30

Female Join date : 2013-09-24

Stained white fur? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stained white fur?   Stained white fur? EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 10:27 pm

I use Fido's White and Bright Shampoo - it's a purple shampoo, gentle and soap free and it brightens the fur. Love it! I use it on my all white boy.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

Stained white fur? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stained white fur?   Stained white fur? EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 11:36 pm

I highly recommend one called proline fair advantage. One of my show friends recommended it to me and I love it. It really brightens up Dizzy's under coat, which has a lot of buff color in it. Also EZ groom crystal white works well for bad stains, but make sure you follow the instructions and actually heat it up before you apply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stained white fur? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stained white fur?   Stained white fur? Empty

Back to top Go down

Stained white fur?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1