It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use! Empty
PostSubject: WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use!   WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use! EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 3:57 pm

So my dad got me a WalkyDog bike leash for Christmas and I just took Faolan out to give it a try. After walking him around attached to the bike, I decided to try a short walking-paced coast down the road of my apartment complex. Well, Faolan gave a short tug on the WalkyDog because he wanted to go faster, and the attachment point snapped clean off! Thank goodness I had his regular leash attached to him as well or he would have been a goner. As it was, the metal pole trailing after him scared him and he gave a good hard tug on his leash which about pulled me off the bike...I have emailed The Dog Outdoors (where we purchased it from) to get a replacement as I am sure this is just an error in manufacturing. Hopefully we don't run into the same problem with the replacement one. I was so excited to have this leash as I know once he gets the hang of it, Faolan will absolutely LOVE biking with me!

WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use! DSC_0385
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use!   WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use! EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 4:05 pm

Oh well that SUCKS!!! Thank god that you had his normal leash on as well! Shocked This is why I always make sure that they have it on. Definitely must have been a manufacturing issue. They're pretty sturdy. I just got one for hubby for Christmas and his works fine also.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use!   WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use! EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 4:16 pm

talk about bad luck, but thank god you did have his leash on, that looks like a manufacturing issue for sure, they better send you a working replacement and maybe something else to make up for that breaking, i would have had a fit on the phone with them

Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use!   WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use! EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 4:41 pm

We got them for Christmas too, but haven't had a chance to try them out yet. Hopefully we won't have any problems...
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use!   WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use! EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 8:58 pm

Well thats good to know I just received my Walky Dog this afternoon. Let us know how The Dog Outdoors handles your problem thats where several members including my self bought their's from.
I was going to skip the extra attached leash but know better then to do that now.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use!   WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use! EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 9:31 pm

We haven't had this problem with our Walky Dog...

Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

PostSubject: Re: WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use!   WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use! EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 10:50 pm

This is the email I received from The Dog Outdoors:

Oh my gosh Danielle! I am so sorry to hear this. I can't believe that happened. This is definetely some sort of factory defect. I will get you a new WalkyDog out the door right away and will forward the picture to the WalkyDog company so that they know about this; this is something that should never happen.

Again, I am so sorry and feel terrible for your experience. I'm so glad everyone is okay.

Scott Daughtry
The Dog Outdoors
www.TheDogOutdoors.com
Back to top Go down
Mermaidista
Teenager
Teenager
Mermaidista

Female Join date : 2012-01-03

PostSubject: Re: WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use!   WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use! EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 11:38 pm

Awesome response, Legend. That's customer service at it's finest! I'm happy to order from them! I'm excited about the SunGlo waterproof collars!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://seaside.scentsy.us
Keimo&Izzi
Teenager
Teenager
Keimo&Izzi

PostSubject: Re: WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use!   WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use! EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 12:35 am

Sounds like great customer service. I will def have to check out their stuff with customer service like that!
Back to top Go down
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

PostSubject: Re: WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use!   WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use! EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 9:48 am

Yeah I figured they would be great to deal with with this issue since their website is very helpful when shopping for things and it gives the impression that they're really trying to make sure you get exactly what you're looking for. The WalkyDog company needs to do a better job about making sure defected leashes like mine don't happen, though... Without that extra leash on him that could have ended very badly!
Back to top Go down
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

PostSubject: Re: WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use!   WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use! EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 2:34 pm

So, I got an email from The Dog Outdoors on January 4th with a tracking number for my new WalkyDog and it arrived at my dad's house (since that is the address they had from Christmas, my dad bought it for me as a gift) on January 6th, a day I was already there visiting which is great because my dad lives 2.5 hours away from my apartment. Needless to say I am VERY happy with the customer service from The Dog Outdoors. Now lets just hope this new WalkyDog has no defects Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use!   WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use! Empty

Back to top Go down

WalkyDog bike leash BROKE on first use!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1