It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 7:47 pm

From Backcountry K9 - Woo Hoo!
---------------------

The snagging with the Swamp Cooler is a legitimate complaint. The HyperKewl vest will stand up to that better because of the tighter weave of the material. However, that comes at the expense of less efficient evaporation from the HyperKewl coat.

The dark color is a little bit of a concern. It will definitely attract more heat than the Swamp Cooler's light color. That is mitigated somewhat though by the reflective nature of the HyperKewl's fabric.

Personally, I think the Swamp Cooler is the better choice. We sell easily ten times more Swamp Coolers than HyperKewl coats. I also use the Swamp Cooler for my dogs.

I hope this helps!

By the way, both will be on sale starting Monday. We have a huge 4th of July sale that will include all Ruff Wear products at 15 - 25% off.

Thanks!

Jason
Backcountry K-9

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 11:32 pm

Damn u claudia I don't want to know they are having a sale!!!!!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 10:45 am

Sorry Jenn...
Just when I think I've got everything I could ever need for the furkids, I find something else....
How much $h1t can a dog have??

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 11:58 am

My dog has more things than me. It's ridiculous!
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 1:26 am

This is the post-piss fold over that the harness does, taking the swamp cooler cooler with it...
Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 IMG_20110614_091006

He is so weird about peeing on some things. Just so insistent.

I still love this thing and how much water weight it can save for him. Limbaugh is going to need one sooner than I want.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:52 am

Backcountry K9 is having a sale right now on Ruff Wear products, 15-25% off!

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:38 am

Claudia, can u use ur discount on top of the sale? What does it come out to be?

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:42 am

No, the discount that I got from Jason is for 15% off FULL PRICE items, so I'm not able to use that discount on sale items.

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 11:00 am

harrise wrote:
This is the post-piss fold over that the harness does, taking the swamp cooler cooler with it...

I expect that folding to occur quite a bit with my boy too, he takes way too many stops for it not to happen. Rolling Eyes

Have you tried using a belly band with the X back to keep the "fold over" from happening? I've used the belly band for this on my boy in the past and it works great for all the stops he makes and preventing the x back from folding over like that, but my boy HATES the belly band so I almost never use it. Neutral

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 2:16 pm

How is Dakota doing in the heat with his Swamp Cooler?

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 4:30 pm

cmanding wrote:
How is Dakota doing in the heat with his Swamp Cooler?

I haven't even had a chance to use it yet! I only take him walking in the early morning and evenings and ever since I received the vest it's been cool enough in the mornings and evenings that we haven't needed to use the vest. Rolling Eyes I'm counting my blessings though since I prefer not to have to use it.

Stinks that I could have waited till now and got it on sale though. Sad I wish they would price match recent orders with sales like some local stores do.

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 4:40 pm

Huskyluv wrote:

Stinks that I could have waited till now and got it on sale though. Sad I wish they would price match recent orders with sales like some local stores do.

My experience is BK9 customer service is really good...If you got it within the last 2 weeks, wouldn't hurt to email them and ask....the worse they could say is 'No'....

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 4:50 pm

That's a good idea, I just shot them an email...we'll see what they say. I even suggested maybe doing the difference in store credit if a refund were not possible to match the sale price. I've had my eye on the Springer bike attachment that's on sale. Wink

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 4:52 pm

Good luck! When it comes to that kind of stuff, I always ask because the worse they can say is "no'. And they are usually pretty quick to get back you - usually within 24 hours at the most...Jason may be the one to respond.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 5:25 pm

i think jason is either the only one doing the service or they all respond as jason!!

i have been eyeing the sale and i keep telling my self NO!!! but there are some things they could really use.... well i have time to think about it.

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 9:19 pm

Oh my gosh I am so HAPPY! I received an email reply from Jason saying that it was no problem and he refunded me $9.96 which allowed me to still get my discount with my coupon code so I only ended up paying $37.49 for the Swamp Cooler instead of my original total of $47.45! Woo hoo! I'm one happy camper and Backcountry K-9 has earned a new life long customer and fan! Very Happy

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:19 pm

Score!

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 10:52 am

I finally tried the Swamp Cooler out this morning since temps are ridiculous the past couple days, i used it wet the way instructions say to use it. He wore the vest over his x back harness and surprisingly we did not have many "fold over" issues like I was expecting.

We went walking at 6:00 AM this morning before the sun came out for about 2 miles (~40 mins). Temperature was 79 degrees F, 80% humidity, heat index was 89 degrees F.

I did not notice any physical differences in my sibe as a result of using the vest. He was still panting as heavily as he usually does, still slowed down toward the end of his walk like normal, and still drank the normal amount of water when we got home. Suspect So from my casual observations of him I saw no difference with the vest compared to how he's done without the vest recently. However I will note that I did stop and feel on top of and under the vest several times throughout our walk including when we arrived home at the end. The vest stayed plenty moist the entire time (although it was only a 40 minute walk and before the sun came out) and it was definitely cool to the touch both on the outside AND inside which left me pleasantly surprised. So although I didn't notice a difference in observing Dakota, I did notice that his coat was plenty cool under the vest which I am happy about.

The real test will be how it holds up to our upcoming hikes in the mountains in NC that we have planned in a couple weeks. After our NC trip, I'll update on how it performs in our NC mountain hikes.

And a couple videos of Dakota wearing his Swamp Cooler on our walk this morning (I do need to tighten his side straps a little):

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:02 pm

I was so pleased with my experience and the great interaction from the extremely helpful Jason, that I just had to place another order. Jason is fantastic and has been emailing me back and forth today answering all my questions and updating me on stuff without my even asking (now THAT is excellent customer service!). I love to support companies with great products and even greater customer service and ethics so I placed an order for a Springer Bike attachment that's on sale right now: Springer Bicycle Attachment

I've wanted to get a Springer for years now and my goal was to get one before the fall of 2011 and my wonderful experience with BK9 plus the sale they're having motivated me to do it now and give them some repeat business for taking such good care of me. I don't plan to actually go biking with Dakota until temps start dropping in the fall but at least I can be prepared early! Can't wait to get my Springer! Very Happy

Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:13 pm

SWEET!!! i really want to send Jason a email asking if it is really him or a bunch of GREAT people acting as Jason.... there service is fantastic and when i have spare cash for the pups they are who i will buy from! wonder if they are wondering where all these husky owners are coming from Wink

Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 8:16 pm

jbealer wrote:
wonder if they are wondering where all these husky owners are coming from Wink

Put a signature with IAHT at the bottom of your next email maybe they'll offer an across the board discount for members.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:18 pm

LOL Well I never mentioned that I had a husky so with me they don't know what breed I'm buying for. Razz And I made it a point to mention that it was because I was so pleased with how well they handled the refund on the swamp cooler that I decided to order from them again.

The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:23 pm

Maybe I should sell the springer kit sitting in the garage...
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 9:26 pm

Why is it sitting in the garage and not getting used? Were you not happy with it?

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 24, 2011 7:46 pm

confused

According to USPS tracking online, it says my Springer should arrive tomorrow...we'll see. This is one of my birthday presents. Very Happy I'm so excited! bounce After our trip to NC I'll order some Musher's Secret to protect Dakota's pads when we use the springer. I don't know if I can wait till fall to try this out. Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler   Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ruff Wear Swamp Cooler

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next