It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Val's exercise accountability thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:21 pm

cmanding wrote:
It's the Filipino version of Eggroll.
The lumpia wrapper is typically thinner and crispier than the eggroll, and it usually has ground beef as the filling. The veggies in the lumpia will vary and can include any of the following: green beans, cabbage, onions, and bean sprouts.

Now that sounds yummy!!! My hubby would LOVE IT! I need to find lumpia in Miami!
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 EmptyThu May 05, 2011 9:45 pm

MelissaI wrote:
cmanding wrote:
It's the Filipino version of Eggroll.
The lumpia wrapper is typically thinner and crispier than the eggroll, and it usually has ground beef as the filling. The veggies in the lumpia will vary and can include any of the following: green beans, cabbage, onions, and bean sprouts.

Now that sounds yummy!!! My hubby would LOVE IT! I need to find lumpia in Miami!

You crack me up, Melissa!
If you ever make it to Denver, I'll make you some!

Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 7:34 am

cmanding wrote:
The veggies in the lumpia will vary and can include any of the following: green beans, cabbage, onions, and bean sprouts.

And carrots! We put carrots in ours!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 10:49 am

oh yes! forgot the carrots!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 EmptyFri May 06, 2011 12:03 pm

Awww thanks Claudia! That would be awesome!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 1:56 pm

I've come up with excuse after excuse for not doing some real structured exercise. So I've made a promise to myself to at least do SOMETHING in the exercise department tomorrow. Ladies, I need you to make sure I do it!

I tried to pick up some Caesar dressing for my salads today but the store was sold out of Hidden Valley Caesar dressing which was on sale and I had a coupon for it. So I ended up getting ranch like I normally do. If it wasn't for the sale and my coupon I would have been willing to pick up another brand but it was such a good deal that I didn't want to pass up.

I'm also thinking of eating baby carrots just slightly (VERY little!) dipped in ranch dressing as a lunch alternative. Hubby is really glad that I'm trying to eat healthier and he's excited for me to start cooking up healthier dinners as well (thanks Claudia for the recipes)!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 EmptyTue May 10, 2011 2:03 pm

anytime!
if you're looking for a healthier option for other favorite dishes, let me know!

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 EmptyWed May 11, 2011 5:09 pm

I did it! I finally got my step out and dusted off my aerobics VHS tape and got to it. Wow did I discover just how out of shape I am! I used to do this whole tape (a 45 minute serious aerobic session) all the time with ease. Within 5 minutes of starting I was feeling the burn and already getting tired, so when they said that was the warm up my jaw dropped. Now I realize just how un-fit I have gotten. I couldn't do the whole 45 workout, after 20 minutes I was about to die and I just had to quit. No But that is just giving me a challenge to work myself up to be able to complete the whole aerobic workout.

I *think* I ate well today. Bagel for breakfast and for lunch a banana, two leaves of romaine lettuce with a little bit of bacon bits with ranch dressing.

Edited to add: Wow, my legs are already VERY sore! Neutral

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 12:31 pm

I was finally able to complete my 45 minute aerobic and toning workout today, the whole thing! The catch though was that I was only able to complete it by doing the lower intensity version. But it's a start, and as I continue I know I will be able to continually increase the intensity with time. Very Happy

I cannot even say how sore my muscles are...I don't want to move!

I'm eating better too, having a lot more salads and eating smaller portions. What's weird is lately my appetite has dropped, I'm not hungry for breakfast, lunch or dinner but then late at night I am suddenly starving. confused

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 12:54 pm

Very nice!
Work up to the higher intensity level - you'll get there!
Exercise can definitely curb your appetite!

All my 'free time' has been dedicated to taking Storm out as much as possible for walks during the weekdays. After than, I don't even want to think about getting a work out in Sleep The good thing about Storm's weight loss efforts is that it took the remaining holiday weight gain off me without me even really trying! Bonus for me!

Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 1:05 pm

I find that as I eat less, my stomach "shrinks"... which is why portion control all the time is important because as I eat more, the opposite happen and my stomach expands.

Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 Hailey10
Back to top Go down
CoffeeK8
Adult
Adult
CoffeeK8

Female Join date : 2010-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 EmptyTue May 17, 2011 6:43 pm

Just wanted to pop in on this thread and waive a pom pom and say "GOOOOOO VALLLLL!!!!" You can do it!! ;-)

Claudia - those are some amazing lookin' recipes. I'll definitely be back for those, too.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 EmptySat May 21, 2011 2:08 pm

Thanks, Kate!

Okay, I haven't done a weigh in yet but my jeans feel looser, I can tighten my belt an extra notch tighter, and (the sad part is) I don't fill out my bra anymore. Something tells me I'm losing the fat like I wanted to! I can't say that I've gained muscle at all though...if I have it's very little...I haven't taken any measurements.

For once I actually feel good when I look at my shape in the mirror, not completely where I want to be (certainly not bikini ready) but definitely getting closer. The hubby came home from traveling and definitely took notice of my good shape. Very Happy

This healthier eating, smaller portions, and extra exercising is paying off and I'm amazed to see these kinds of results after only two weeks! Will try to do a weigh in this weekend.

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 EmptySat May 21, 2011 5:30 pm

Go VAL! I think if you keep it up it will become easier for you to eat better, making hubby happy is also a good thing Wink

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 EmptySat May 21, 2011 9:03 pm

I think so too Jenn! Hubby is also making an effort to lose weight and eat healthier also so that makes it easier since we're both in this together!

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 EmptySun May 22, 2011 1:10 am

That's awesome to hear Val!

Storm definitely helped me lose that extra unwanted holiday weight gain and I do feel it in my jeans.

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 1:50 pm

Haven't done a weigh in yet...oops!

But I am very proud of myself for organizing a daily morning walk with some of the other housewives in my neighborhood. I was already doing daily morning walks before but with the other wives walking with me now I am motivated to walk even farther than I did before so this has served to help all of us and created a support network between us wives so that we can motivate each other. So starting last week us housewives have been walking the neighborhood together every morning, Monday through Friday...and Dakota comes with. I love it! Very Happy Not only does this motivate me to walk further but it also keeps me from making excuses for not going on my daily morning walk.

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 2:04 pm

That's great Val!
Support always makes it easier!

This day has turned wet and it looks like Storm will only have his morning half mile walk this morning...rain isn't going to let up for the remainder of the day.

....if only I had my k-9 mini HV dryer, I would put my rain gear on, and take the dogs out, and dry them off - rain would not be an excuse!

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 2:35 pm

Aww, poor Storm is getting robbed of his walk! Laughing

Oh the support is fantastic. It makes the walks go by so much faster too because you're talking the whole time. The other huge plus is chatting with the ladies about what's going on in their lives and swapping info on a bunch of different things that we all share in common since we all live on the same street. I should have organized this group a long time ago!

Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 EmptyTue May 24, 2011 3:25 pm

what a great idea Val! its good to have group support! and making friends and losing weight is a bonus!

Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 1:19 pm

I've discovered that the best way to ruin your diet and good eating habits is to go on vacation. No

I'm afraid to weigh myself now...maybe next weekend when I've had a chance to exercise a bit during the week. Going to have chocolate chip cookie cake for lunch today BUT in my defense I do have to finish it! Can't throw away a perfectly good cookie cake after all. I'm ashamed of how bad I was as far as all the foods I ate on vacation...got to make up for now. *sigh*

Btw, Jenn, you looked so good in the pics posted from your birthday! I was trying to figure out what you were trying to lose! You look awesome!

Adult
Adult
snrose

Female Join date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 1:24 pm

val, you can sit here and think about how terrible you've done OR...you can realize everyone needs a vacation and just move on with your life and keep going toward your goal!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 1:27 pm

Huskyluv wrote:

Btw, Jenn, you looked so good in the pics posted from your birthday! I was trying to figure out what you were trying to lose! You look awesome!

I thought the exact same thing!! I've actually been meaning to comment on her bday thread.

You look AWESOME JENN!!!!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Huskyluv

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 1:33 pm

You're right Shannon, what's done is done and I knew I wasn't choosing right while I was on vacation but in my mind it was my chance to indulge a little...okay a LOT! lol

I'm getting back on track now that I'm home though! Hopefully the hubby and I can do a weigh in this weekend.

Anyone do Zumba? I'm thinking about getting into that to supplement my other workouts.

cmanding

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 1:34 pm

My sister and niece does Zumba and they LOVE it!

PostSubject: Re: Val's exercise accountability thread   Val's exercise accountability thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Val's exercise accountability thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next