It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

opinions please

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dustyg2
Newborn
Newborn

opinions please  Empty
PostSubject: opinions please    opinions please  EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 2:39 am

Hello everyone, im about to buy huskky pup , let me know if opinions if he is full husky. IDK if im just being too cautiuous but anyone would be a great help in me deciding. opinions please  2259911
opinions please  2259711
opinions please  2259911
opinions please  2259711
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

opinions please  Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions please    opinions please  EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 10:46 am

Welcome to the forum! Do you have any background information on this pup? Is there a particular reason you are concerned about what whether he is full "husky"? I assume this pup is not coming from a breeder with papers if you are asking.

In my personal opinion, he looks husky but not a very well bred one. There is no way to be sure if he is pure Siberian if you have no background information on the parents. If you are not looking for a working or show dog then it probably won't matter whether he's "pure" or not if he's only to be a companion. My biggest concern with dogs not well bred is potential health issues but even the best bred dog can have health issues too so you could argue that both ways. Wink

Good luck with your decision and please feel free to share more about yourself and why you are looking into getting a husky pup!

Side note, to keep the forum cleaner I have removed your other thread on this same subject.

Teenager
Teenager

Male Join date : 2016-09-01

opinions please  Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions please    opinions please  EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 10:56 am

Let me preface this by stating that I'm not an expert. At all. In any way.

Definitely some husky in that dog. Not sure if it's 100% husky though. Do you have any background? Kind of sounds like you are buying from an individual, not adopting through an agency or picking up from a breeder. Do you know where they got the dog? Do you know about the dog's parents? How old is the dog?

The snout seems a little long and thin and the head looks a little thin also. Not definitive of anything, and again, just my opinion. Very well could be a full husky with some thinner built parents.

I'm curious why it matters for the breed? If you are getting a working dog or a show dog, you should be going through specific breeders. If you are just looking for a dog, a mix isn't a bad thing. Are they trying to hit you with some sort of pure breed premium price or something?
Back to top Go down
Dustyg2
Newborn
Newborn

opinions please  Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions please    opinions please  EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 11:01 am

Yes buying from individual, nothing on parents. They were asking pure breed price with no papers.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

opinions please  Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions please    opinions please  EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 11:09 am

I'm curious what "pure breed price" is. You would expect to pay some sort of rehoming fee if this was an accidental litter.

In any event, I would say if their price was rather on the high side that they should have to produce proof that the dog is "pure". Otherwise I would look elsewhere and let them scam someone else. If you are willing to pay "purebred price" then please pass them up and support a reputable breeder who has the breeds best interest at heart.

Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

opinions please  Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions please    opinions please  EmptyFri Aug 04, 2017 11:16 am

I would not pay a full bred price for a dog with no papers and no proof of background, health testing, lineage, nothing. As others said, it looks full bred but hard to be certain at a young age. Definitely not a high quality dog which makes the risk of having no information on the parents that much more of a risk. Sometimes people think they should be able to get all the money they foolishly spent on a dog back out of one when they realize they just weren't ready for a puppy. Their rash decisions shouldn't become your expense. I would talk them down on the price if you have fallen in love and really want this one. It is cute and could grow into a perfectly healthy dog, but without any information it's a toss up on what the pup could cost you in the long run on medical bills if the parents had HD or cataracts or any of the other number of genetic issues you would have warning about by knowing more about them or by getting from a reputable breeder directly.

Puppy
Puppy
meg1995

Female Join date : 2016-09-29

opinions please  Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions please    opinions please  EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 8:29 am

Definitely looks like a husky but without info on the parents you can never really be 100% sure! I'm gonna join everyone else on this thread and say if you're willing to pay a higher price, you should find a breeder who can give you more information about the pup's parents/health testing/etc. If you really want the puppy but the situation seems off to you, I'd go elsewhere to get a puppy. Better to be cautious (especially when spending a lot of money) than end up paying thousands in vet bills for an unforeseen health problem later down the road in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

opinions please  Empty
PostSubject: Re: opinions please    opinions please  Empty

Back to top Go down

opinions please

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1