It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Went to the dog lake today! And Odin escaped...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

Went to the dog lake today! And Odin escaped... Empty
PostSubject: Went to the dog lake today! And Odin escaped...   Went to the dog lake today! And Odin escaped... EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:43 pm

Odin decided to be real slick and climbed out of the freaking park. The city is lazy and cheap which means they don't see a point in fencing in the majority of the dog lake. The girls used to be SO BAD about swimming across the lake and taking a joy ride around the park (it's huge) and then stand at the gate howling for me to let them back in Evil or Very Mad I worked heavily on that and their recall to which they don't do that, ever. And if I see them swimming far out in the lake... they will recall.

I swear one minute he was standing at the edge of the water, the next he was gone! And it's not that big of a place! Shocked

I spent 45 minutes chasing him (he is hard of hearing) and finally was able to catch him on the other side of the freaking park. I was so scared and mad I didn't know what to do! Passed a few city workers and none even asked if I needed help. All they did was stand there. There were a few times when I just wanted to flop down and give up. Sad Finally I caught him and walked back (probably a mile) to where the dog lake was. A really nice guy stayed and watched the girls and Seamus while I took off after Odin. When I walked up to the gate there was one of the city park workers who was LAUGHING at me. "So who got their daily exercise, you or him?" Seriously I wanted to attack him.

When I told him that you really need fix the fencing and stop being cheap by only fencing in part of it... He started lecturing me on how I need to watch my dog and how I shouldn't be bringing these types of dogs here. UGH! I WAS SO ANGRY! I really was about to turn feral on this guy and rip his throat out!

HOW IN THE HECK DO YOU GET AWAY WITH CHARGING A DOLLAR AN HOUR FOR PARKING AND NOT EVEN USE ALL THAT MONEY TO BUILD A FREAKING FENCE! I told him all it's going to take is for some nasty dog to climb out and maul a kid. You'll be sued up the wazoo. He really got pissed at that.

But anyway. Here are pictures!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54745657@N04/sets/72157626011929145/

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
itstashie
Puppy
Puppy
itstashie

Female Join date : 2011-01-09

PostSubject: Re: Went to the dog lake today! And Odin escaped...   Went to the dog lake today! And Odin escaped... EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:47 pm

Well, despite the run away, it looks like the dogs had a nice time.
Back to top Go down
cmanding
Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Went to the dog lake today! And Odin escaped...   Went to the dog lake today! And Odin escaped... EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 11:15 pm

I'm sorry Odin ran....but I'm glad you caught him...and good for you for tell those guys off!

PostSubject: Re: Went to the dog lake today! And Odin escaped...   Went to the dog lake today! And Odin escaped... Empty

Back to top Go down

Went to the dog lake today! And Odin escaped...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1