It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 4:16 pm

So far so good, both breeds are prone to same sex aggression, but Miya is much more aggressive to males, lol. Miya is a dominate dog and Sofie is only 6 months old, so, time will tell, I just think that Sofie has always been the submissive, so I think that their pack hierarchy has been established. Miya also needed a buddy, she lost her kitty buddy(our 15 year old cat) and then her BFF within 6 months time(BFF moved away), adding Sofie has fulfilled Miya's need to have a fury friend and not just me. I definitely wanted a dog that would hold up to Miya, although her play style is completely different than her play style to her male husky counterparts, so again I am not sure if Miya scales down her playing to suit a puppy, or that Miya is just maturing, and takes it easy on Sofie.
Back to top Go down
gretalutsen
Teenager
Teenager
gretalutsen

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 4:23 pm

That's so awesome. Again, both beautiful girls! I'm glad they got to experience snow! We've got plenty of it up here Smile
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 4:26 pm

Thanks again Greta, they make life so entertaining, and wonderful!!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 2:51 pm

So Sofie turned 6 months old last week. Been busy doing our taxes that I totally forgot to upload these. She is around 46 pounds, she is very petite for her age, smaller than her siblings. She grew out of her puppy collar, and this new one was the only one remotely girly, haha. It's cute, would have preferred pink or purple. So the last few weeks Miya and Sofie haven't been playing together much, I think Sofie is in the dreadful teenage phase and just bugs Miya too much. It's kinda cool that Sofie bugs Miya and not me, that way Miya can do the disciplining, lol. Anyways, here are pics from our walk for her 6 month birthday..

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 Sam_1810

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 Sam_1811

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 Sam_1812

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 Sam_1813

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 Sam_1814

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 Sam_1815

This pic us girls are in a stay command, in order to cross the busier dirt road.

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 Sam_1910

Finally home.....

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 Sam_1911
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 2:58 pm

... and I thought Huskies had long tongues! Sophie's is about to be dragging on the ground, I think!! Interesting that Sophie seems to be minding the heat more than Miya is.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 3:06 pm

Love these pics Renee! Mya just looks so pretty as always Smile in some pics I'm like wow, sofie has gotten so big! And others I see the puppy still Wink two pretty dogs Renee, and I love the long dirt roads!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 3:12 pm

Al, haha yea her tongue is huge. I think it is an illusion. Miya doesn't really break a "sweat" with our walk, it is 5 miles round trip for us humans, and Sofie does roughly 10 and Miya at least 15. Yesterday it was only 58 out and overcast, compared to the pics where it was in the 70's and sunny. Sofie collapsed once in the house, she wants to keep up with Miya sooooo bad, but her short legs can't.

Thanks Jimmy.....Sofie at times looks just a little smaller than Miya and other times, she looks like a tiny baby. Just odd, she is in that weird stage I guess. She is a few inches shorter than Miya, Sofie is 18-20 inches, Miya 24, and Miya is about 65-70 pounds right now and Sofie is just under 50. We love the dirt roads too, just makes for a nice walk, and we have so many options to choose from. There are some 20-30 miles of dirt roads up through here.
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 3:41 pm

Yay pics of little Sofie and Miya! Wow look at Sof looking like a big girl, I love those pics on the trail. More!!! Haha
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
gretalutsen
Teenager
Teenager
gretalutsen

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 3:47 pm

omg renee Miya looks SO much like Lutsen! I feel like i'm looking into the future!
Back to top Go down
jspec0482
Puppy
Puppy
jspec0482

Female Join date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 4:03 pm

Beautiful! And look how well trained they are! I'm impressed!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 4:13 pm

look how big Sofie has gotten since i last saw pics of her! looks like it was a fun walk for them

Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 4:21 pm

@David, yes she is growing up, not fast enough for my hubby. He keeps calling her a mini, lol. We encountered 2 cars the whole trip, and on the main road. For those not familiar with Texas, county roads are dirt roads, so we are blessed to have many miles of trails for us. I have discovered that at least for Sofie, her coat is very husky like, they both were a muddy mess, and left me piles of sand/dirt where they slept when we got back, and their coats are pristine this morning, haha.

@Greta, I had a feeling you would say that, lol, I am grateful for her short, sleek coat. And I do adore her runners physique, poor Sofie tries so hard to keep up, but Miya is just like lightening, super fast.

@Jessica, I stay at home, so plenty of time for training. We live in a critter paradise, so I had to be real strict on teaching them manners. Sofie came home at 10 weeks, and she is a natural for the heel, Miya tries real hard, and after about 20 miles of run time, she can heel pretty well, haha. We have about an acre to practice training, and most of our neighbors are aware of us, I don't recommend off leash for huskies, but Miya is 3 years old, and finally understands stay with me, means no farther than a half a football field away, lmao.....

@Jenn, we love this walk, some nice terrain for us to get our hearts beating good, they get to say hi to cows, and they did stir up some grouse too, which was cool to watch. Sofie is the smallest of her siblings, I get to see pics on my breeders FB page, she is a tiny girl, has been in the 40 pound range for 2 months now. I don't mind, slow and steady mean less issues as she ages. Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 5:31 pm

Great pics Renee. Sophi does look like a tween in these almost an adult.. time flys! Pretty collar btw. I think Sophi is gonna be taller and longer than Miya, they both really look great and like they enjoyed that walk haha
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 5:45 pm

Jane, thanks about the collar, I wasn't pleased with the color, but I had to get a bigger one. She is as long as Miya right now, just shorter. I kept telling my hubs that large breed dogs take longer to grow than medium. I did say to him huskies 1-1.5 years for maturity and gsd's 1.5-2 years, he just doesn't get it.
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 6:11 pm

Hm why not order one you like? I do that all the time cause store collars are meh haha.
Oh yeah, even now Memphis is growing and changing fur color in spots and he almost 2. Tell hubs to be patient lol she'll grow!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 6:39 pm

Jane I don't like the collars I have seen online. I can't feel them, I like the quick release metal ones, and 90% that I have seen online are all plastic. Even at the stores they are, this one is actually a tie out collar and both sides are metal. Miya's I love it is more of a cotton collar, shows up in the dark, and one side is metal, problem is I got it at a super walmart, the smaller walmart and online walmart do not carry them, and well, they may not carry them at all any more. I can never make it to a super walmart anymore.....
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 10:34 pm

Renee, you say she's smaller than her siblings...you mean was already smaller or you have seen her siblings recently? For 6 months old I thinks she's growing really nicely!
Back to top Go down
jspec0482
Puppy
Puppy
jspec0482

Female Join date : 2016-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2016 10:38 pm

I've never had a dog I totally trusted off leash... Every dog I've ever had was pretty high on the prey drive scale. I'm totally impressed! My heart dog was a boxer/shepherd mix and she was the worst as far as prey drive. She passed away at 1 and 1/2 years old. I was having her boarded at the vets and she escaped from the kennel and was hit by a car.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 2:01 am

@Jimmy...Sofie was in the middle as babies, at 9 weeks they ranged in weight of 9 pounds to 12, Sofie was about 10, that's out of 8 puppies. I have seen a pic of her brother and her sister, and she is reasonably smaller than both of them. He, which I understand is a boy, is just bigger all over, even his muzzle, her sister, was bigger as well, although not as pronounced. I'm ok with her being so tiny, my husband not as much, but I do think he just doesn't understand the physical dynamics between huskies and gsd's.

@Jessica.....if you look close Miya wears an e-collar, she was trained on it, because of the country life we live, too many critters and too many ranchers, and we have no fence. I am so sorry about you boxer/shepherd, that is tragic, and quite honestly without training her on the collar, she would also be a statistic, squirrels love crossing our highway and succeeded taking Miya with them several times, it was cheaper to train on the collar than to get a fence. Sofie, has a high drive as well, yet, so far anyways, a squeaky ball will catch her attention fast, but also her confidence level is no where near that of Miya's. Sofie get's afraid quickly, which is to my benefit, since gsd's can be taught to stick to their human better than a husky. I will be training Sofie for personal protection, so I have to presume that will squash her desire to chase. So I will say, I have worked Miya especially hard at sticking with me. She has chased several critters off of our property and normally gives herself a self imposed stay at our properties edge, and in the dark we automatically say "Miya Stay" and she will not bolt after whatever caught her attention, normally a cat or skunk, and neither of which I want her to come into contact with. So it is massive amounts of training, that has made me trust Miya, still working on Sofie since yellow butterflies are very desirable to her at the moment, haha. Thank you.....
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 EmptyTue Feb 23, 2016 7:15 pm

Holy crap has Sophie grown! How big do you think she will get?
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 2:43 am

LOL.....Amy, finally someone who can tell she really has grown...Thank You!! Well every body else has here too, but you just said it so funny, haha. Sofie should be a tad bigger than Miya, so around 24 inches tall and 65-75 pounds. Her momma was just a tiny bit bigger than Miya when we met her, so her breeder estimated her to be as tall as Miya just a little heavier. She has one heck of a personality, I have never met a gsd that is goofy and with us she is, she loves people, yet she can throw the on switch in a snap and alerts well, so I really will need to find her a job or work her in some AKC fashion, just haven't figured out what her calling is, for sure personal protection, but I do believe she is a natural for bite work. Thank you again..
Back to top Go down
CoraTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
CoraTheHusky

Female Join date : 2015-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 3:37 am

She is growing in to such a beautiful girl! She looks around Cora's size!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 2:12 pm

Thank you Zoe....I think she is probably close to Cora's size. Pretty soon, I have a feeling she will be bigger than most of the dogs here, lol. Right now, she can still do zoomies up and down our hallway, haha, Miya is a little too big in here for that, so she lays in wait, and gets Sofie on the way in the bedroom, lmao....they are too much fun.
Back to top Go down
redlattinville
Teenager
Teenager
redlattinville

Female Join date : 2015-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2016 7:35 pm

Really great job with the training Renee Smile the "Finally home" photo is precious. It's like they're saying "yay...*pant pant*....time to rest"
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2016 2:19 am

Thanks Amanda.....that pic, really does say that, lol. If my pics could tell the behind the scenes better, when I train Sofie Miya comes over and does what I ask of Sofie, it is hilarious. So I will say Sofie come here, and poof there's Miya, Sofie sit, Miya sits, Sofie stay Miya stays, lol, it's as if Miya is trying to give Sofie a visual. So even with training I have to laugh......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next