It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old Empty
PostSubject: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 3:21 am

So some members here may remember a post I made about a year or so ago, about puppy fever. Well my journey is almost complete. Sofie was born on August 10th and we will be bringing her home in another 3 weeks.

After much debate and a very long search, my husband and I found a breeder near us in Abilene. He is a trainer and has had a love of the German Shepherd forever. I researched the pedigrees, asked about what type of test he does with his dogs (HD, etc). Thanks to this forum, I feel he is a good breeder. He has worked his dogs in police work, personal protection and SAR. He also wants to build a stronger American line, since GSD's are more divided in show line vs work line, than huskies. The one thing that really stood out in the pedigree on the sire's side, his great, great grandmother (hope I got that right, I believe 5th generation ago) was the number one ofa hip dog in the world for gsd's. Sorry had to brag a little, haha.

Anyway, I have not actually seen her, since he wants to do temperament tests on the pups, to see what would be better fits for working dogs that are needed, and pet dogs. So I am waiting to figure out which girl will be Sofie. I do get second pick of the girls, four to choose from.

So here are some pics......I am so excited, and I think Miya will get the pack mate she so really needs. Miya is really an affectionate dog to us, but she seems like she would like to have a companion. She cries at every dog she sees, so I think baby Sofie will be good for all of us......now to the pics......a few hours old here

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old Dakara10

2 days old...the pink, purple, white and light green collars are the girls
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old Pupima10

2weeks
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old 2_week13

Up until recently both of us have falling in love with the white collar. I still am, husband is now on the fence.
3 weeks
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old 3weeks22

Breeder has said that the females should top out at 80-90 pounds, so she will be slightly bigger than Miya....breeder sent videos of the 4th week, so I have nothing to share. He has not sent any of the 7 week pics. My 5th and 6th week pics are individual, and it's getting late here. I will continue with the thread and show off the girls next time....until then, here is some puppy love......6 weeks group pic
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old 6weeks10

Last edited by MiyasMomma on Wed May 18, 2016 4:03 am; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 9:55 am

OMG, that last pic...too cute! They are all adorable Renee Smile
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 10:51 am

It has been fun to watch them grow and change. Waiting for him to post pictures is always a surprise. Seems like they grow like weeks between each week or two.

Teenager
Teenager
CoraTheHusky

Female Join date : 2015-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 11:59 am

Oh my god! Renee they are so cute!!! This is so exciting for you and your family! Can't wait to meet Sofie!!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 12:10 pm

Wonderful pictures, Renee! I always find it remarkable - puppies all look alike and like rats as newborns and then "POOF" you get the incredible adorables in your last pic lol!

Is it my imagination or is it possible that one or two may be wooly coated? Our bank lady has a wooly shephard that makes Ami look like a short-hair.

Which one is hubby leaning towards?
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 5:50 pm

they are so cutie, can't wait to see more pictures of your new fur baby.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 3:49 am

Thank you all. We are so excited to get her. My dad is her from NY, haven't seen him 9 years, so busy, busy. I'll get more pics up ASAP.

Amy, hubby and I are leaning towards the white collar girl. I will also post up pics of mom and dad. They look wooly, and to be honest I don't know how that gene shows up, since both parents are not considered wooly, they are short haired, however, I believe pedigree wise there may be a long hair(that is what they call them in gsd world, woolies I guess is more of the northern breed term) in there, I'll look and see how many generations, that is an interesting question.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 9:52 pm

Renee, I don't know if it's the same in GSD's but the parents don't have to be wooly' in order to produce a wooly. One just needs to be carrying the gene for it. Kohdi is fluffy like his father, Neither is a wooly, however one wooly was born to the litter Kohdi was in.

Back to top Go down
tyler.jenkins.125
Teenager
Teenager
tyler.jenkins.125

Male Join date : 2015-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 10:47 am

Renee! This is so exciting! They are gorgeous, and I can't wait for you to take her(?) home!
Back to top Go down
http://tylerjenkinsmusic.com/
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 1:22 am

@ Tyler, I am sorry I missed your post, yes this is exciting and I can not wait!!

@ Jimmy, breeder called them plush coats, so I assume that it is similar to a woolie coat in huskies.

Now on to the girls. We do have second pick out of the 4 girls. We went today to pick our girl out, and when we got there, the breeder had said the dark female was picked. So that left pink, white and light green girls. When I seen the white collar, I still loved her. Sadly though, she had a hernia, and breeder wasn't going to sell her, he wanted to stand by his health guarantee. So it was down to the light green and pink. All along the light green had been my second choice, and she is the one we picked. We pick her up on the 19th, which seems forever. He will be working on crate training and potty training until we get her. SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!

So I do have the girls pics I will post, and then the final is me and Sofie. I did skip 5 week pics, so these are the 6 week girl pics

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old 6weeks11

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old 6weeks12

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old 6weeks13

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old 6weeks14

So this is her momma, the first pic really shows off her coloring, absolutely beautiful, and she is the sweetest dog. Momma met Miya, and they got along fabulously.

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old 2083550-542053
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old Dakara-400-x-315

and this is her daddy

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old 2122375-595904
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old Quake-400x315

I never got a chance to meet daddy, but he has a great pedigree, he is out of San Antonio.

And finally a pic of me and Sofie....I hate my pic taken, but......
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old Sofie_10
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 1:40 am

Oh my goodness Renee, she is absolutely adorable! I love her! She is "Ceska", correct? Oh I am so happy for you guys! bounce she looks like a Sofie too Wink
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 1:47 am

Jimmy, she is indeed Ceska. she gave me kisses and nibbles. My husband played with her. she is a little terror too, haha. She kept picking on the boys, since they were caged up. Then she ran to momma, to get a treat, and the others couldn't lol.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 1:49 am

Awwww, she sounds like she's gonna be a Mishka! LOLOL, I'm kidding! That is SO cute. She's beautiful Renee, but you already know that Wink I'm so happy for you.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 1:53 am

Thank you so much Jimmy!! She has personality for sure, haha. The 19th can't get here soon enough!
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 2:05 am

She is sooo cute and I love the pic of you two Smile
congratulations!! You gonna have your hands full for sure lol
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 2:23 am

haha, Jane, and Thank you!! Her brother kept crawling up the open top crate to get out and play with her, that person will have their hands full. Breeder said she has moderate to high drive, where as that boy had a very high drive, lol.
Back to top Go down
CoraTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
CoraTheHusky

Female Join date : 2015-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 7:44 am

She is adorable! The count down is the worst! I'm so happy for you Renee you look so filled with joy in the photo holding her!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 11:11 am

All things happen for a reason. I know you really wanted white collar but this one looks at home in your arms.

Teenager
Teenager
mssuchy

Male Join date : 2014-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 11:58 am

She is seriously perfect! So exciting, the 19th will be here before you know it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 12:47 pm

@Zoe....yes she lit up my day for sure. It was incredibly loud there, all the pups were sleeping when we got there, and then the lights came on and hysteria ensued, lol.

@Jenn....We kept saying we wanted a happy, healthy pup, and for some reason, I had a feeling white collar, just wasn't as healthy as the rest. I did have the green collar as my second pick, so it worked out. She is a ball of energy and joy.

@Haley....I think she is perfect too!! I got a bunch of stuff to do before she comes home. I have 2 shifts left to work and I will be on "maternity" leave for at least until spring. I can not wait to see Miya's reaction to having a sister.

Thank you to all of you!!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 12:50 pm

On a side note.....I have finally got the husband on board as to why people should buy from a reputable breeder. Although Miya is perfect, and she is a dream husky, she has many issues when it comes to eating. I will not know how to deal with a dog that truly loves to eat. So this will be a new challenge, a dog who may want to eat me out of house and home, haha.
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 1:34 pm

she is super cute, love the coloring.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old EmptyFri Oct 09, 2015 1:37 pm

Thank you Ronin. I think she will be very similar to her momma's color, but more uniform like her daddy. We'll see, they change so much in the first year.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 1:03 pm

Latest Sofie pics.....9 weeks old....we pick her up Monday when she will be 10 weeks old
Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old Sofie_11

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old Sofie_12

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old Sofie_13

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old Sofie_14
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

Female Join date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old EmptyWed Oct 14, 2015 1:13 pm

Renee,

I'm am so excited it is beyond words! I have followed you through this whole process and I can't believe Monday you will finally get her. Miya will love having a little sister and I know you won't regret your decision on a second baby.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old   Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old Empty

Back to top Go down

Miya and Sofie's Scrapbook....updated pics Sofie 9 months old

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next