It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Zeus and Zena

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ZEUSnZENAsMom
Newborn
Newborn
ZEUSnZENAsMom

Female Join date : 2015-03-12

Zeus and Zena - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 5:44 pm

Hi Renee! Thank you! Smile

I did not purchase them from Troika Kennels. I did a quick look into their lines, and didn't see anything from that Kennel... not that it is impossible, lol.... I'm only so experienced in all of that. Their lines go pretty far back on pawvillage.com. I purchased them from Lakota Siberian Kennels. http://www.freewebs.com/lakotasiberiankennels/

The breeder and I actually graduated from the same high school... years apart. Kind of neat that I found her. I looked for over a year for a good breeder. I love her dogs and it was awesome to see all of them in person.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 5:56 pm

Thanks for giving me the info. They look similar, especially the mask and the longer coat, but don't seem to be in the line. Funny, to think there are 2 lines with unique masks and longer coats here in Texas and not be related. Again they are beautiful. My favorite pastime lately has been looking at pedigrees, so now I have a new project, to look at your beautiful dogs pedigrees, lol.....Again thank you for sharing Michelle.
Back to top Go down
ZEUSnZENAsMom
Newborn
Newborn
ZEUSnZENAsMom

PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 6:01 pm

You are very welcome!! Let me know if you find anything interesting...I would love to know!!!
Back to top Go down
ZEUSnZENAsMom
Newborn
Newborn
ZEUSnZENAsMom

PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 6:07 pm

Oh... And Tazer (Zeus' dad) and Zorro (Zena's dad) are half brothers. They share the same dad, different moms. So Zeus and Zena are half cousins?? Lol. They have different moms/dads...dads are related though.
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 11:38 pm

A www, they're growing so fast!!! They sure are turning out beautifully, you can really tell which is the boy and which is the girl too, just so pretty!
Back to top Go down
ZEUSnZENAsMom
Newborn
Newborn
ZEUSnZENAsMom

PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 12:00 am

Thank you!!  It really feels like I blinked and they grew...crazy!!  I love each of their different personalities, and they really are so different.  Both are extremely vocal, but in their own unique ways.  They howl just about every morning when they wake up... Feels like we live with wolves then.  It sounds really pretty though.  They are really awesome... And surprisingly listen and follow commands well.  Zeus has never had an accident in the house and Zena has only had a few... Though it has been months.  They sleep all night in their kennels, go outside when told, come inside when told, get in their kennels when told, sit before eating/drinking/snacking, walk without pulling on a leash/harness, stay when told, drop objects...though Zeus does it grudgingly, lol.  They do bark...I think they picked that up from the Chihuahua though, haha!  If I had to complain, it would be the incredible amount of fur they insist on sharing with the house, and that they insist on getting on the sofa even though they know they are not supposed to!!!  They are awesome and we love them!!!!
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 12:13 am

LOLOL, you know, Zeus sounds like a carbon copy of my Kohdi in personality...iI read your post at the top of the page too, it's one of the sweetest most loving most endearing personalities!The fur thing *might* be more of a seasonal thing when they get older (although Zena seems to have a shorter coat? Yay for that! Lol) Kohdi is a fluffball like Zeus and he really doesn't seem to shed it out as much as he used to so...maybe something to look forward too!!! Wink they really are both gorgeous and from what you said extremely well behaved, I'm sure you had a lot to do with that! Congrats on that!
Back to top Go down
ZEUSnZENAsMom
Newborn
Newborn
ZEUSnZENAsMom

PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 12:44 am

Oh wow! That would be an experience to see another like Zeus! He definitely takes more work in the behavior department. He respects me the most, as I spend the most time with him. He pushes his limits at times with my husband and children...his stubbornness! Zena is still more high-strung than him, but she is for sure the most giving with her affection/love. He will give it when he feels like it, and then let you know when he is done. They pretty much intimidate everyone that we encounter on our walks, even at this young age. They never bark at people walking by, but stand in attention and won't break their stare until the people have long walked by. It is a new/different for me as far as breed characteristics. People actually leave the sidewalk and walk way around us, lol.

Thank you for the compliments! I have worked hard with them and continue to do so. Your huskies are stunning!! I love your signature photo
Back to top Go down
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 1:01 am

I don't want to keep taking up space in your scrapbook, I apologize, I'll just post to this one and I'll stop, lol. You pretty much just described Kohdi and Mishka to a "T", except that Kohdi is just like a big teddy bear, he loves giving love as much and as often as he can, but I'm telling you, Kohdi is Zeus's personality twin, LOLOL

The intimidating is a husky thing, lol, I get it too and I have to wonder if people move on the street or whatever because they think the owner might not have full control over these fluffy beasts Wink I had one guy while hiking with Kohdi who was on his way up, Kohdi and I were coming down, Kohdi comes to a skidding and backtracking moment staring the guy down, the guy is staring at Kohdi ( it was funnier than hell) and the guy says "uh oh, I don't think your dog likes me" LOLOL , seconds later he's giving a lady his big paw and kisses when she bends down to pet him, haha

You are very welcome, I meant every one of them too...and thank you!!!! I love these two SO much, they're just REALLY hard to get a good pic of, haha, Mishka is like The Flash, there one second and gone the next. I totally appreciate when I can get a decent one, haha
Back to top Go down
ZEUSnZENAsMom
Newborn
Newborn
ZEUSnZENAsMom

PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 1:16 am

No worries!! That's hilarious... The hike!! Mine would be all happy and friendly, too, if anyone would just give them a chance, hahaaa!! I've already had one person who came to my door to sell something ask if they were wolves...rolls eyes... And was really scared. I'm like, they're babies!!!! Too funny! The adventure, so far, is great!! Looking forward to the future.
Back to top Go down
caseysteffans
Teenager
Teenager
caseysteffans

Female Join date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 2:24 am

I can't believe how big they have gotten! They are just too adorable for words! How is raising two at once? I did(am) one at a time.
Back to top Go down
ZEUSnZENAsMom
Newborn
Newborn
ZEUSnZENAsMom

PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 12:31 pm

Casey- Thank you!!  Smile I love having two at once.  They love to play and nap together!!  It is a little more work at first, but then it smoothes out.  Definitely more expensive, haha!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Zeus and Zena

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2