It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Zeus and Zena

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ZEUSnZENAsMom
Newborn
Newborn
ZEUSnZENAsMom

Female Join date : 2015-03-12

Zeus and Zena Empty
PostSubject: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 3:15 pm

Our new babies…Zeus and Zena   They will be eight weeks on Tuesday.  They are doing pretty awesome with crate and leash training/in and out of home.  They love to go outside and I practically have to drag them back inside, lol.  They are indoor huskies, but not sure they are pleased with that.  They love running around on the pool deck and have even stuck a paw or two in the water already.  Zena is a crazy howler/talker already…has to always tell me all about it.  Zeus seems to enjoy barking more than howling, but will get going with her.  He’s more chill and she’s a bit on the high-strung spectrum…haha!!  I stay at home with them all day, so they are only crated at night and when I need to run out somewhere.  Zeus is a rockstar when it comes to the potty department and has never had an accident inside.  Zena is more of a diva and does not like to wait longer than two whines at the door.  You better have your sprinting shoes on or you’ll be cleaning up after her…though only #1, has always gone #2 outside.  They both want to drink water like they have been walking in the desert for a week.  At six and a half weeks Zeus weighed 9.6 lbs and Zena weighed 7.3.  Zeus’s dad is a big boy, too!!  They go to the vet on the 21st at 8 weeks and I will have them weighed again.  He looks to be twice the size of her, but she can hold her own!!  They half cousins.  Their dads are half brothers…share the same dad and have different moms.  Both of the litters were born on the same day.  It has been neat to look through their pedigree/bloodlines!!  They are eating Canidae Pure for puppies…seem to be doing pretty good on it so far.  Even after researching for more than a year on this breed, nothing can quite prepare you fully!!!  I have seen MANY Husky traits in the short time I have had them home.  They have me laughing one minute and pulling my hair out the next..hahahaa!!!  Can’t wait to watch them grow 

Zeus’s parents.  Mom is on the left and dad is on the right.
Zeus and Zena Wp_ss_15

Zeus at 1 week.
Zeus and Zena Wp_ss_16
Zeus at 2 weeks.
Zeus and Zena Wp_ss_17
Zeus at 3 weeks.
Zeus and Zena Wp_ss_18
Zeus at 4 weeks.
Zeus and Zena Wp_ss_19
Zeus at 5 weeks.
Zeus and Zena Wp_ss_20
Zeus at 6 weeks.
Zeus and Zena Wp_20110
Zeus at 7 weeks.
Zeus and Zena Wp_20111

Zena’s parents.  Dad is on the left and mom is on the right.  
Zeus and Zena Picsar10

Zena at 1 week.
Zeus and Zena Wp_ss_21
Zena at 2 weeks.
Zeus and Zena Wp_ss_22
Zena at 3 weeks.
Zeus and Zena Wp_ss_23
Zena at 4 weeks.
Zeus and Zena Wp_ss_24
Zena at 5 weeks.
Zeus and Zena Wp_ss_25
Zena at 6 weeks.
Zeus and Zena Wp_20112
Zena at 7 weeks.
Zeus and Zena Wp_20113

Zeus and Zena
Zeus and Zena 13073510
Zeus and Zena Instag10
Zeus and Zena Instag11

I thought Zena’s left eye was going to turn brown, but as the time passes, it is a mix of green with a bluish and hazel color.  This isn’t the best pic, will have to try for another with outside natural light as it is gorgeous!!
Zeus and Zena V_f2b710

Look Mom…we know the water is up there!!
Zeus and Zena Wp_20114
Zeus and Zena Wp_20115

Always sleeping buddies!! Had to use one of my old baby gates to keep them away from the 100+ year-old wooden kitchen table!!!
Zeus and Zena Wp_20116
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

Zeus and Zena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 3:53 pm

Oh my - looks like you may have 2 woolies on your hands.  I have only 1 piece of advice:  Get them used to grooming ASAP.  My boy is a wooly and hates grooming - teasing out knots is not an option most of the time, it becomes a grab the knot in one hand, the scissors in the other and snip before he runs away.  But don't let him see the scissors lol!

Those are 2 adorable puppies.  Google wooly, if you haven't already.
Back to top Go down
Leighanna
Puppy
Puppy
Leighanna

Female Join date : 2014-09-22

Zeus and Zena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 3:59 pm

Ohmygosh. They're so cute!! You're going to have a blast with them two. They're going to be beautiful when they get older. You better get them used to grooming, especially Zeus. He looks like he's going to be a wooly, which means a lot more grooming than a normal coated Sibe. Also, I absolutely love their names! Smile

Definitely take advice from Amy. She has lots of experience with wooly coats. Lol. Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZEUSnZENAsMom
Newborn
Newborn
ZEUSnZENAsMom

Zeus and Zena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 4:09 pm

Thank you!!! Smile Your guy is quite handsome as well! I chose this specific breeder for the more wooly coats... call me crazy!! Almost all of her adults have the longer coats. I am a huge fan of long coat animals. We also have a long coat 4lb Chihuahua that is 6 years old. She is solid chocolate. The huskies haven't decided if she is a dog or a squirrel...hahaa! They are doing well with her though. I have bathed them once and brushed them. They wanted to chew on the brush the whole time, lol! They really are doing pretty awesome with my training so far. They will start puppy school at the end of April.
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

Zeus and Zena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 4:10 pm

Awwwwwwwwwwwww…I can't even… beautiful pups!!! Thanks for posting detailed pictures, perfect!
This just reminds me of how much I wish my boy had a buddy to grow up with.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
ZEUSnZENAsMom
Newborn
Newborn
ZEUSnZENAsMom

Zeus and Zena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 4:15 pm

Thank you! First time husky owners, so it has been an experience so far... even with the research. But we are loving it and them! They are so strong!!!... especially together. Zeus always has the look of 'I don't wanna' and Zena is always with the 'but why?'!!! Husky love!!
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

Zeus and Zena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 6:06 pm

Husky love indeed!! And woa I just noticed you're in Texas too! In the end it's great that you have a pair of sibling pups so they can always have each other to play with..and also have mischievous adventures haha. As for me and my boy, we have battles everyday playfully of course Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
Artic_Wind
Senior
Senior
Artic_Wind

Male Join date : 2014-07-23

Zeus and Zena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 8:15 pm

Could they be any cuter?!!! Smile they are both so beautiful!!!
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

Female Join date : 2013-05-26

Zeus and Zena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 9:52 pm

Good God. The started out with hardly any fur... then BAM! So....FLUFFY! I can't wait to see them all grown up. Congrats on your new family members ^_^
Back to top Go down
ZEUSnZENAsMom
Newborn
Newborn
ZEUSnZENAsMom

Zeus and Zena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 10:35 pm

Thank you!!!... all of you Wink They are pretty awesome!... I'm very biased, of course. I figured with their parents being as fluffy as they are, all of their babies would pretty much follow suit. Love their fur!!!

David... yes, we're in Texas! At first we were only going to get one, but I just knew that one wasn't going to be enough for me... haha! Also with them being such a pack-oriented animal, I wanted buddies! Better to get the puppy phase over all at once. Lots of work, but will be amazing in the long run. Though I totally get that single husky owners just personally fill in the buddy position Wink We have a large family... four children and my husband and I, so one would have totally had human buddies, but now there's enough humans and fur babies to go around, lol!! Your boy is gorgeous... though I haven't seen an ugly Husky yet!!... I'm certain they just don't exist!

Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

Zeus and Zena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 11:24 pm

Aww I love how they take naps together so sweet, beautiful pups Smile
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

Zeus and Zena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 6:32 pm

You're going to have your hands full very soon... that is for sure! I mean one pup is difficult... But 2! You're going to be very busy!
Back to top Go down
ZEUSnZENAsMom
Newborn
Newborn
ZEUSnZENAsMom

Zeus and Zena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 10:21 am

Thank you, Jane!

Lucy, Yep! My hands were full the day I brought them home! They start puppy school on the 30th and will continue with training from there. Long road ahead, but determined to have some awesome huskies!!
Back to top Go down
lillith87
Senior
Senior
lillith87

Zeus and Zena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 4:11 pm

Well one thing I have noticed for people that have more than one husky/another dog with their husky.. They tire each other out. It might not seem like it for a while as they grow. At about 1 or 2 years old, they will feed their energy into one another, which will make it easier for you in comparison to someone like me who only has one dog. I am the sole person that is responsible for my dogs activity level, and if I am lazy, and she is really crazy, that is my fault. You're in the boat I want to be in. When I get my own place, I intend on getting at least two more huskies. It isn't really an excuse to have them wear each other out though. It is so I can get more serious into sledding. I enjoy it so much, but being a one dog owner, I have found that it is REALLY difficult. She doesn't have anyone she is linked to pulling the sled, so she trails off and gets distracted easily. So I thought that if she had someone to run with that she is tied to, they won't be able to trail off as easy.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Zeus and Zena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 7:54 pm

ohmygosh they're too cute I love you
Back to top Go down
ZEUSnZENAsMom
Newborn
Newborn
ZEUSnZENAsMom

Zeus and Zena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena EmptyMon Apr 20, 2015 12:45 pm

Thank you, Jennet!

Lucy,
They definitely seem to already be doing that! They play constantly, if not begging for my attention, lol. I am hoping that puppy school is a huge success as just doing the daily things now with them is a challenge at times... They are so strong already and strong-willed!! Zena definitely knows when I'm serious about her behavior, Zeus is a little more stubborn. They have already gotten pretty good with the sit command, still working on stay. I only take them out back with a leash on until they get more shots, and they really show me how intense they will be once more outdoor freedom comes... Obviously still on a leash though. I only weigh 106 lbs and don't want to be dragged down the trail path, haha!! Zena is crazy vocal and talks to me all the time. If I take one out at a time, the other goes insane crazy inside the house. They hate to be separated. We barely ever get snow in Texas, so unfortunately sledding is out for us. My husband mountain bikes, so he is looking into the bikejoring when they are older. Hopefully you will get to have more huskies and sled with them Smile
Back to top Go down
ZEUSnZENAsMom
Newborn
Newborn
ZEUSnZENAsMom

Zeus and Zena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 12:21 pm

Zeus and Zena at 5 1/2 months Smile

Zeus and Zena Dsc06812
Zena 27lbs
Zeus and Zena Dsc06814

Zeus and Zena Dsc06815
Zeus 33.4lbs
Zeus and Zena Dsc06816

Zeus and Zena Dsc06817

Zeus and Zena Dsc06818

Zeus and Zena Dsc06819

Zeus and Zena Dsc06820

Zeus and Zena Dsc06821
Back to top Go down
RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

Zeus and Zena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 1:48 pm

very beautiful fur babies, love them sleeping together, so cute. and them run around the pool. makes me wish that i got one of Leo's sister when i got him, but he has my chihuahua Joey for company for now. Laughing

Zena’s left eye looks a lot like Leo's right eye. it started out blue/green at 8 weeks then by 10 weeks it looked green and now its more of and amber/green color. i call it hes mood ring eye Laughing , it seems to change color depending on how hot he is; if hes hot its more amber and if hes cold its more green looking.

Zeus and Zena Leo_ye40
Back to top Go down
Rumflower
Adult
Adult
Rumflower

Female Join date : 2015-06-16

Zeus and Zena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 2:00 pm

Oh my gosh they are amazing. I have never seen markings as beautiful as Zeus or eyes as pretty as zenas. So lovely!

Last edited by Rumflower on Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : someday i will learn to type on this phone.)
Back to top Go down
GravityM
Senior
Senior
GravityM

Female Join date : 2014-09-19

Zeus and Zena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 2:03 pm

Love the puppy fur! They are both growing up beautifully Smile
Back to top Go down
tyler.jenkins.125
Teenager
Teenager
tyler.jenkins.125

Male Join date : 2015-04-06

Zeus and Zena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 2:07 pm

I might have just become Zeus' biggest fan...

..............NEED..............MORE................ZEUS.........

In all seriousness, those are some gorgeous dogs you have there!
Back to top Go down
http://tylerjenkinsmusic.com/
ZEUSnZENAsMom
Newborn
Newborn
ZEUSnZENAsMom

Zeus and Zena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 4:16 pm

Ronin- Thank you!!  Yep, I knew I would just end up with two at some point, so I just jumped right in with them!  I also have a long-coat Chihuahua/Priscila, that really just doesn't like the huskies at all..haha!!  She is six-years old and just can't be bothered with the huge puppies... such a diva.  

Zeus and Zena Wp_20110

Leo's eye is definitely similar to Zena's.  It is really cool to watch the colors change.  Zena also has a little brown spot on the top of her blue eye... so neat!  Leo is quite handsome as well Smile

Danielle- Thank you!!  I have enjoyed watching them change as they grow!!  Loki is super adorable.... love that name too!!!

Jane- Thank you! Yes!!... the fur is out of control, haha!  I have never seen anything like it in my life.  They love to share it with everything/everyone too!!  I'm sure you understand with your beautiful two!

Tyler- Thanks!!  Zeus is quite the husky!  He is such a male, too, ha!  Zena is all play and Zeus is more like, "I can't be bothered to run that fast at the moment, but if you get close enough, I'll take you down."  I'll post a few more of Zeus for you Wink Koda is awesome too!

Zeus and Zena Wp_20116

Zeus and Zena Wp_20117

Zeus and Zena Wp_20118

Zeus and Zena Wp_20119

Zeus and Zena Wp_20115

Last edited by ZEUSnZENAsMom on Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
tyler.jenkins.125
Teenager
Teenager
tyler.jenkins.125

Male Join date : 2015-04-06

Zeus and Zena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 4:27 pm

Koda is my little doll baby! I ask her all the time if she wants a little brother(I do realize she can't understand me, but I enjoy sparking conversation with her)... This website doesn't help with me wanting another one either... because I see a Zeus... and it is sparked all over again...........so thanks...

I can't wait until he fluffs out, because He will be Gorgeous!

Zena is beautiful as well! I love her mask, how it goes all the way down her snout.
Back to top Go down
http://tylerjenkinsmusic.com/
ZEUSnZENAsMom
Newborn
Newborn
ZEUSnZENAsMom

Zeus and Zena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 4:59 pm

Haha!! I talk to my dogs ALL of the time!! Ya, the breeder I bought them from told me that huskies are like chips... you can't have just one. They are glued to the hip, too! Zena's mom's mask goes down her snout, too, just a different color. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how they are as adults. They go in this Wednesday to get spayed/neutered...I'm a little nervous. There's no way I could breed them... I'd keep ALL of the puppies...hahahaaa!!!
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

Zeus and Zena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 5:22 pm

Wow they are growing up nicely. They are equally unique and beautiful. Zeus is quite different, most huskies appear to lighten and loose their mask around their eyes, and Zeus seems to be darkening. He actually reminds me a lot of Kohdi, Artic_Wind's dog, very unique mask. Being from Texas, may I ask if he is a Troika line? I know Kohdi is from a Troika line and Troika kennels is in Texas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zeus and Zena Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zeus and Zena   Zeus and Zena Empty

Back to top Go down

Zeus and Zena

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next