It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Dog Beds??? Couch Bed?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MasonandRupp
Newborn
Newborn
MasonandRupp

Male Join date : 2013-07-17

Dog Beds??? Couch Bed? Empty
PostSubject: Dog Beds??? Couch Bed?   Dog Beds??? Couch Bed? EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 2:22 pm

I hope this is the right place for my topic. I was trying to find a good bed for my Siberian Husky, Rupp. My friend has a Sibe and she has a Frontgate Couch Bed and Rupp loves it. Frontgate are really pricey and I was wondering if there good alternatives. Rupp loves to have his back against things and he doesn't like his regular bed which is just your normal square bed. Does anyone have any advice on couch beds or any other kind of bed that their dog loves?
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Dog Beds??? Couch Bed?   Dog Beds??? Couch Bed? EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 2:28 pm

There's always the real couch Laughing That's Bode's favorite!

I don't know about couch type beds, but I have noticed that any of the beds that have bolsters of any kind (even ones that don't!) are super expensive. We got Bode's dog bed from Costco for around $20. It's wonderful. It has a removable/washable cover and it also has cedar chips in it which make it smell nice and makes the dog smell nice when he's been sleeping on it. It's just a regular rectangel though, which sounds like a no-go for Rupp. Good luck finding one!
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

Female Join date : 2013-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Dog Beds??? Couch Bed?   Dog Beds??? Couch Bed? EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 2:42 pm

I don't know if you have a Sam's Club or are a member of one but my pups absolutely love these Serta couch beds and their only $40 compared to $100's!

http://m.samsclub.com/ip/serta-perfect-sleeper-memory-foam-couch-bed-mocha-brown/prod1910828
Back to top Go down
siku&nikolai
Senior
Senior
siku&nikolai

Female Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Dog Beds??? Couch Bed?   Dog Beds??? Couch Bed? EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 2:44 pm

Dog Beds??? Couch Bed? <a href=Dog Beds??? Couch Bed? 80044310" />

I have a rectangle bed, and this bed from Petco. Its on sale right now from their website for $66 plus they have free shipping. And this is the one bed my dogs fight over. They love it, and it has a back so it keeps them comfy!
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Dog Beds??? Couch Bed?   Dog Beds??? Couch Bed? EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 2:48 pm

If you have a Marshalls or TJ Maxx near you they get them in and usually for a great price. We got Kenzi her dog bed at Marshalls for $20 and it was a $70 bed originally. Not that a great price made her sleep on it any better. She still sleeps on the floor at night and in my husbands recliner during the day while we're at work. Silly dog.

Teenager
Teenager
djannitto

Male Join date : 2012-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Dog Beds??? Couch Bed?   Dog Beds??? Couch Bed? EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 3:46 pm

Qannik has two MollyMutt beds and loves them both! They aren't cheap, but they are practical.

http://www.mollymutt.com/
Back to top Go down
MasonandRupp
Newborn
Newborn
MasonandRupp

Male Join date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Dog Beds??? Couch Bed?   Dog Beds??? Couch Bed? EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 5:14 pm

Thank you guys!
Back to top Go down
Cornish Rattler
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2013-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Dog Beds??? Couch Bed?   Dog Beds??? Couch Bed? EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 6:52 pm

Bought my sibe a really nice bed that wasn't cheap. Where does he sleep? On the hard floor with his back up against the wall
Back to top Go down
ateam043
Teenager
Teenager
ateam043

Male Join date : 2013-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Dog Beds??? Couch Bed?   Dog Beds??? Couch Bed? EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 7:51 pm

Cornish Rattler wrote:
Bought my sibe a really nice bed that wasn't cheap. Where does he sleep? On the hard floor with his back up against the wall

Ha! Same here, bought Meeka a memory bed that was pricey, and where does she prefer sleeping? The dang tile, then again if I was a Husky, I probably wouldn't mind, my tile is nice and cold from the AC going off at full blast right before I go to bed.
Back to top Go down
ChillyBeach
Teenager
Teenager
ChillyBeach

Male Join date : 2013-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Dog Beds??? Couch Bed?   Dog Beds??? Couch Bed? EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 8:03 pm

I cant be of much help here. I got Harry two nice beds with backs and he tore them up to shreds. He sleeps on the tile floor on his back with his feet in the air for naps. At night, he pulls dirty clothes from the bin to make a nest to sleep on at the end of the bed. Dog Beds??? Couch Bed? 1625187496 
Back to top Go down
Poopy
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Dog Beds??? Couch Bed?   Dog Beds??? Couch Bed? EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 9:02 pm

We bought Jack a doggy bed to sleep on. At first he wouldn't use it, but then one day flipped it over to what I would call the more leathery side with little bumps on it and now he lays on it all the time!! He either sleeps on that, on our wood floor some place, or in his igloo (his crate).

On a side note, when we first got him I was very insistent on not allowing him on our couch and love seat...that didn't last very long! He jumped up and gave me the cutest puppy face ever and I melted. Spoiled Jack, that's for sure!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dog Beds??? Couch Bed?   Dog Beds??? Couch Bed? Empty

Back to top Go down

Dog Beds??? Couch Bed?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1