It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

TOUGH Dog Bed?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lilbritty23
Newborn
Newborn
lilbritty23

Female Join date : 2012-10-12

TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty
PostSubject: TOUGH Dog Bed?   TOUGH Dog Bed? EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 12:45 am

I have a memory foam bed in Warrior's crate which he does not destroy so Im lucky there, HOWEVER, Roxy has bloomed into the rebellious destructive type lately. I had a really plushy super comfy bed for here which my BF put in her crate. Well, the bed is lookin' a little rough, she has literally chewed into it and has taken all the stuffing out. She apparently loves it and tries to throw the stuffing everywhere as if it were a ball or something. Any suggestions on a tough bed that could survive the wrath of Roxy? lol
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOUGH Dog Bed?   TOUGH Dog Bed? EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 12:57 am

We don't use beds in the crates. I use a fleece blanket folded and a cotton fabric. My pups sleep in the crates during the day when they want too. we are home most days with them. I use a Kong bed for them at night they sleep in our room on the floor on these.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOUGH Dog Bed?   TOUGH Dog Bed? EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 1:03 am

Kale has never chewed beds, I got a costco bed and put a plushy crate pad on top. Not sure of any chew resistant beds. Hopefully someone will know of a good one.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOUGH Dog Bed?   TOUGH Dog Bed? EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 1:20 am

I don't really think there is such thing as chew resistant. If your dog is a bed shredder, there's no plush beds they won't shred, lol. Aside from an elevated bed that's made out of plastic and whatnot, there's really nothing out there. It's like tough toys. They aren't tough to a determined dog.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOUGH Dog Bed?   TOUGH Dog Bed? EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:26 am

I don't use a bed in the crate either. I have two or three blankets in there and Sheba chews holes in those, so putting a bed is way out of the question with her bahah.

Now with Kennedy I tried putting beds in her crate when I first adopted her from the shelter. She destroyed everything. I tried wal mart brands, I tried cheap beds, I tried expensive beds, I tried those crate foam things, I even tried the KONG bed. She destroyed them all. The KONG bed I was very disappointed with. It showcased how "chew resistant" it was and she had it destroyed over night Mad . It was probably the most expensive chew toy I have ever bought Wink . Blankets on the other had, she never touched. I suggest you stop wasting your money and just go with blankets! Her favorite blankets are queen sized comforters lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOUGH Dog Bed?   TOUGH Dog Bed? EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:32 am

The kong ones from Petsmart look pretty durable

http://www.petsmart.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2767065&f=Taxonomy%2FPET%2F2767065&f=PAD%2FpsNotAvailInUS%2FNo&lmdn=Brand&f=PAD%2FBrands%2FKong&fbc=1&fbn=Brands%7CKong&fbx=0
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOUGH Dog Bed?   TOUGH Dog Bed? EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 4:36 am

From personal experience I would never recommend the Kong bed to be put in a crate with a bed destroyer. If it is just to use in your house, then yeah it's a good bed. For your crate though? Oh no.
Back to top Go down
lilbritty23
Newborn
Newborn
lilbritty23

TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOUGH Dog Bed?   TOUGH Dog Bed? EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 6:47 am

Haha! Yea, looks like blankets it is! I might grab an old comforter in the closet if my mom doesn't mind. I think she gets so bored during the day when I'm at work, I feel bad because then she destroys anything in reaching distance from her crate....my boyfriend learned that the hard way....RIP expensive weight lifting gloves!
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOUGH Dog Bed?   TOUGH Dog Bed? EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 12:26 pm

Sheba does that too! I don't know how she does it, but somehow almost everytime I come home from work she has a new article of clothes in her crate. She doesn't always destroy them though, which is nice. I think it's the thrill of the catch for her baha.
Back to top Go down
uelrindru
Puppy
Puppy
uelrindru

Male Join date : 2012-12-05

TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOUGH Dog Bed?   TOUGH Dog Bed? EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 12:50 pm

Bella has chewed holes in the plastic pan for her crate let alone the one time I put a bed in there for her. I put her in the crate got shoes on and by the time I was back she had ripped it to pieces. At this point I figure she sleeps on the floor all the time by choice so the plastic pad is fine for a few hours.
She also plays the can I reach it game and can get things into her crate that she should NOT be able to reach, I swear she is the Maguyver of the dog world.
Back to top Go down
lilbritty23
Newborn
Newborn
lilbritty23

TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOUGH Dog Bed?   TOUGH Dog Bed? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:20 am

Haha! When Roxy gets determined she will do and try anything to reach for some type of object. I move everything away from her, especially before I leave for work. There's times when I'd come home and catch her with my clothes or a sock or my bf's work out gloves(rip poor gloves) and I literally have to hold laugher in or turn so she doesn't see me. She knows she does wrong though because when I catch her she looks down and avoids eye contact with me. She's a little sneaky thing!
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOUGH Dog Bed?   TOUGH Dog Bed? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:26 am

I just keep her bed out of the crate for this very reason. It hasn't happened yet but I'm nervous one day she would destroy it. Right now she likes to nap in it and we keep it in the living room
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOUGH Dog Bed?   TOUGH Dog Bed? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 4:28 pm

I've gone through 3 beds already!! and probably 100's of blankets!!
All in a matter of just days.
They stay outside for the most part, so it's not inside the crate.
Back to top Go down
laura56083
Teenager
Teenager
laura56083

Female Join date : 2013-01-17

TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOUGH Dog Bed?   TOUGH Dog Bed? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 4:36 pm

If you find a durable bed let me know Twisted Evil ...I've stopped buying beds because my brat keeps trying to eat the inside out of every one of her beds....she drags them around the house, digs at them, then chews at them until stuffing comes out....such a bugger!! LOL I decided to just let her use big comfy blankets (king size all bunched up) and as long as she has something soft to lay on thats not the floor she is fine! I'll buy her new ones when she's done being a bratty puppy Laughing
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOUGH Dog Bed?   TOUGH Dog Bed? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 4:44 pm

laura56083 wrote:
If you find a durable bed let me know Twisted Evil ...I've stopped buying beds because my brat keeps trying to eat the inside out of every one of her beds....she drags them around the house, digs at them, then chews at them until stuffing comes out....such a bugger!! LOL I decided to just let her use big comfy blankets (king size all bunched up) and as long as she has something soft to lay on thats not the floor she is fine! I'll buy her new ones when she's done being a bratty puppy Laughing

EXACTLY!!! I thought they would later get over that habit...but nope....it still continues.
That's why I stopped buying beds....I even tried grabbing the stuffing, and sticking it back in the hole and sewing it up. That didn't work so well either.
They just made a new hole..lol
Back to top Go down
Sackman1886
Newborn
Newborn
Sackman1886

Female Join date : 2012-10-16

TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOUGH Dog Bed?   TOUGH Dog Bed? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 3:53 am

You will want one like what Kaya has:
TOUGH Dog Bed? Puppy_10
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOUGH Dog Bed?   TOUGH Dog Bed? EmptyFri Feb 01, 2013 5:08 am

HA!!! I LOOOOOOVE that picture!!! That is why I also will not buy Sheba her own bed. She doesn't need one, and a $50-90 toy is just not in my budget Wink .
Back to top Go down
MyHaney
Newborn
Newborn

TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty
PostSubject: Tough Dog Beds   TOUGH Dog Bed? EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 7:27 pm

http://toughdogbeds.com/

Here is a review of some tough dog beds.
Back to top Go down
mmwhiteside
Puppy
Puppy
mmwhiteside

Female Join date : 2013-08-08

TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOUGH Dog Bed?   TOUGH Dog Bed? EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 7:41 pm

That pic of Kaya LITERALLY made me lol! and then I had to show everyone in my office why I was laughing so hard! For that very reason I have given up on beds for Rogue. Not to mention expensive comforters for my bed (yep, that's where he sleeps). During the day he prefers to rest his head and front paws on a towel (until he tears that up too) and the rest of him is just on the floor. I think he likes how cool the tile is. We will see if that changes this winter!

And if anyone ever does find a TRULY chew PROOF toy - I am first in line to buy it. In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy the pleasure Rogues gets out of tearing them apart as fast as possible!
Back to top Go down
LittleHouse
Puppy
Puppy
LittleHouse

Male Join date : 2013-07-07

TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOUGH Dog Bed?   TOUGH Dog Bed? EmptyWed Oct 02, 2013 2:11 am

Sackman1886 wrote:
You will want one like what Kaya has:
TOUGH Dog Bed? Puppy_10
Lol! Great picture. Ajax started to make my room into that so I bought him an aluminum kuranda with the ballistic nylon fabric. Hopefully it will last, but if not it's under warranty. Should be here this week.
Back to top Go down
LittleHouse
Puppy
Puppy
LittleHouse

TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOUGH Dog Bed?   TOUGH Dog Bed? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 8:28 pm

Figure i'd check back after a while with the bed.  It took a couple days for Ajax to get use to it, but he loves it.  He's tried to bite at the fabric, but can't so it should last a long time.

TOUGH Dog Bed? B4agqd
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOUGH Dog Bed?   TOUGH Dog Bed? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 11:10 am

What brand bed is that?? Its cool it has his name on it 2!! Im lookong for something for koda to lie on in his kennel. And something like that would be good i think. He drags all the blankets of the the crate and rips them up and pulls them outside. (Its a indoor/ outdoor kennel)
Back to top Go down
LittleHouse
Puppy
Puppy
LittleHouse

TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOUGH Dog Bed?   TOUGH Dog Bed? EmptyMon Oct 14, 2013 6:51 pm

It's the kuranda bed with the aluminum frame. He loves it.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOUGH Dog Bed?   TOUGH Dog Bed? EmptyTue Oct 15, 2013 7:20 am

Where did order it from that let u engrave it? Or did u do the somewhere else?
Back to top Go down
LittleHouse
Puppy
Puppy
LittleHouse

TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOUGH Dog Bed?   TOUGH Dog Bed? EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 7:34 pm

You can have them do it on the Kuranda website. http://kuranda.com/dog-beds/aluminum-dog-bed The option is during check out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: TOUGH Dog Bed?   TOUGH Dog Bed? Empty

Back to top Go down

TOUGH Dog Bed?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1