It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Kennedy has blood in her poop

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

Kennedy has blood in her poop Empty
PostSubject: Kennedy has blood in her poop   Kennedy has blood in her poop EmptyWed Jun 12, 2013 11:55 pm

I have done quiet a bit of research on this, because I wanted to be prepared if need be. But I still want people's opinions.

It isn't the black, tarry blood. She has soft serve diarrhea with either blood at the end of the poop or it drips out after she is done pooping.

She is acting COMPLETELY normal; eating, drinking, playing, smiling...everything is normal. Except the blood. 

As far as I know, she did not get into anything that could hurt her; but the boyfriend was watching them. The only thing I know for SURE that she got into was the bag of TOTW food that she ate a SHIT ton out of. 

What do you guys think??

Is a trip to the vet in order, or do I wait it out??

I have my own opinion, but I want to see what others think.

Oh and yes, this is the first day it has been bloody. Yesterday/last night she had the blowout poop with farts. But no blood.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Kennedy has blood in her poop   Kennedy has blood in her poop EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 12:53 am

Update- She is breathing kind of heavy.. Not like outrageous heavy, just like she was wrestling in the house.. I don't really know how to explain it.. anyone???
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Kennedy has blood in her poop   Kennedy has blood in her poop EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 1:26 am

If she is acting normal, she probably doesn't need to see an Evet. Take a stool sample to the vet first thing tomorrow morning to rule out parvo or a parasite.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: Kennedy has blood in her poop   Kennedy has blood in her poop EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 1:31 am

By the way, I empathize with the poo freak out! Anya has been suffering from Giardia and is now on meds after having a stool sample tested Crying or Very sad Kennedy might have just passed something that irritated her intestines and drew blood on the way out but there is no way to know for sure without a fecal test. Is there any mucus?

Last edited by eddycaaa on Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: Kennedy has blood in her poop   Kennedy has blood in her poop EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 1:35 am

No there is not mucus on Kennedy's poop. It's just very odd to me. I have never seen blood actually drip out of a dogs anus. She also has started howling and crying while getting ready to poop; but she always does that if she has any type of watery poop.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Kennedy has blood in her poop   Kennedy has blood in her poop EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 3:23 am

I'd take her in. Blood in feces like that warrants an e vet visit IMO.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Kennedy has blood in her poop   Kennedy has blood in her poop EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 3:24 am

I'd be concerned about an obstruction if she has liquid diarrhea and blood
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Kennedy has blood in her poop   Kennedy has blood in her poop EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 9:53 am

I would be quite worried if I were you. It could be as simple as the diarrhea irritating her anus and causing the bleeding, or she could be scraping it on the ground, but it could just as easily be something serious. It could also be a coincidence with the food over consumption and not actually related. It might also be hookworm. I know that can cause blood as well. I hope she's okay!
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Kennedy has blood in her poop   Kennedy has blood in her poop EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 10:03 am

Stark had bloody diarrhea before when I went to pick him up from boarding and I got so scared because I was questioning what he could have gotten into. The vet still wanted to check him over to make sure there wasn't anything - he said it can happen to huskies when they're really stressed.

I'd say take her into a vet just to be on the safe side, and best case scenario, they can rule out anything too scary...
Back to top Go down
SaberK
Adult
Adult
SaberK

Female Join date : 2012-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Kennedy has blood in her poop   Kennedy has blood in her poop EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 10:14 am

Saber had bloody diarrhea with mucus in it a couple of years ago. After exploratory surgery a week after it started because nothing was helping, there was no obstruction found. Long story short, the thing that finally helped him was metronidazole (Flagyl). Even after the bloody diarrhea stopped, it was a month or so before his poop didn't look like pudding. I would take her in to be on the safe side. Could be nothing but better safe than sorry. Good luck, I hope she feels better soon!
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Kennedy has blood in her poop   Kennedy has blood in her poop EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 2:29 pm

Bright or normal looking blood towards the end of a stool (loose or firm) can be an indication of Colitis, or an inflammation of the colon. Kale used to get it all the time when he was on Nutro and BB when he was still a pup. All he needed was 3 doses of Metronidozole (intestinal antibiotic) and a probiotic, and he was perfect after. I'd still take her to the vet, I always took Kale lol (cat poop gives him raging Colitis Evil or Very Mad)
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kennedy has blood in her poop   Kennedy has blood in her poop Empty

Back to top Go down

Kennedy has blood in her poop

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1