It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

4 month old ATE A CHIPMUNK!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KMay_0702
Newborn
Newborn
KMay_0702

Female Join date : 2013-05-01

4 month old ATE A CHIPMUNK!!! Empty
PostSubject: 4 month old ATE A CHIPMUNK!!!   4 month old ATE A CHIPMUNK!!! EmptySun May 26, 2013 10:51 am

So this morning my mom went to let phoebe out, so she hooked her up to her lead and let her out ten seconds later she yelled "dead chipmunk, she's eating a dead chipmunk" I went to look she was in fact eating it. Before I could get it from her the ate the ENTIRE thing Shocked . Well she didn't exactly eat it she took two chomps and swolled it. After looking around on how a dead chipmunk ended up on our porch, our small grassy area had pretty much been dug up, so I have chalked it up to our cat catching it and leaving it as a present in front of the door. What do I do? Will she vomit it up, Will it pass through, or is it gonna get stuck and were gonna have to take her to the emergency vet. pale Please Help!
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

PostSubject: Re: 4 month old ATE A CHIPMUNK!!!   4 month old ATE A CHIPMUNK!!! EmptySun May 26, 2013 11:14 am

We had a pit lab mix swollow an adult rabbit whole they vet said to keep an eye on her bm movements and watch for worms that if she started acting weird to bring her in right away others just watch her. I would call your vet and ask him what he wants you to do before rushing in. Just keep an eye on her till you can call.
Back to top Go down
KMay_0702
Newborn
Newborn
KMay_0702

PostSubject: Re: 4 month old ATE A CHIPMUNK!!!   4 month old ATE A CHIPMUNK!!! EmptySun May 26, 2013 11:21 am

Thank you! We're gonna go walk her now and see how she does maybe it will pass while we're out there.
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

PostSubject: Re: 4 month old ATE A CHIPMUNK!!!   4 month old ATE A CHIPMUNK!!! EmptyMon May 27, 2013 1:26 am

I dont remember if our lady passed it or not i think she digested most and as gross as it is bits came out, she had horrible gas and bm's for a bit also.
Back to top Go down
KMay_0702
Newborn
Newborn
KMay_0702

PostSubject: Re: 4 month old ATE A CHIPMUNK!!!   4 month old ATE A CHIPMUNK!!! EmptyMon May 27, 2013 9:06 am

So far this morning she went some but I couldn't tell if she passed any or not and she acted like she couldn't finish also, and yeah she has had some bad gas too
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: 4 month old ATE A CHIPMUNK!!!   4 month old ATE A CHIPMUNK!!! EmptyMon May 27, 2013 10:27 am

There are a lot of people that feed their dog a Prey Model Raw diet (including me), and sometimes we will feed our dog whole rabbits (fur and all). The processing of the meat in their GI tract shouldn't worry you too much - they've been doing that for years (and still do) while out on sledding expeditions.

My only thing is, since it was a city chipmunk, you don't know if it could have had parasites or worms. Keep an eye on her poop - you won't see a whole chipmunk come out, I promise, but just make sure there aren't any worms or anything in her poop. You will also need to keep an eye on her to see if her eating or drinking habits change, and also keep a close eye on her activity level as well.

Hope everything turns out okay! Smile
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: 4 month old ATE A CHIPMUNK!!!   4 month old ATE A CHIPMUNK!!! EmptyMon May 27, 2013 11:16 am

She lives in a suburb of Albany.. the chipmunk was probably fine. Koda's done this a few times... some baby moles were his first... then a chipmunk, a few rabbits... haven't eaten a squirrel yet, but it's really a matter of time.

However, Angela is right. Best to be safe than sorry-- make sure there's no worms in the next few weeks, but she should be fine. She's just telling you she'd like to be fed raw please Razz

4 month old ATE A CHIPMUNK!!! Hailey10
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: 4 month old ATE A CHIPMUNK!!!   4 month old ATE A CHIPMUNK!!! EmptyMon May 27, 2013 3:14 pm

I think your pup will be fine!

Anya ate a chick on wednesday and is doing okay. She had the runs for a few days but I think it was because of the 5 in 1 vaccine and dewormer she got an hour later.

She saw a baby squirrel that fell out of the 100 year old tree outside my apartment and tried to eat it! I didn't let her do it because it was a little to big for her to try to swallow whole. She is on the PMD so I might let her snack on fresh baby animals when she gets older. I just worry about all that fur!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
KMay_0702
Newborn
Newborn
KMay_0702

PostSubject: Re: 4 month old ATE A CHIPMUNK!!!   4 month old ATE A CHIPMUNK!!! EmptyMon May 27, 2013 3:58 pm

Thanks Everyone! She seems to be doing fine Eating, Drinking, and Playing(She was actually bouncing off the walls this morninguntil my mom and I each took her for a walk Laughing ) Right Now she is napping and making sounds like she's dreaming. She has had diarrhea a few times this morning but I guess that's to be expected.

I don't know what is with the chipmunks around here but there EVERYWHERE! Last week my cat brought alive one in the apartment Rolling Eyes , yesterday he(Mikey the cat) caught one and the dog ate it, and this morning phoebe was sitting on the front and all of a sudden heard her crying, something squeaking, and our iron stand out there being moved. Turns out another chipmunk was on there, the cat was chasing it, and phoebe was freaking out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4 month old ATE A CHIPMUNK!!!   4 month old ATE A CHIPMUNK!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

4 month old ATE A CHIPMUNK!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1