It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

is my 5 month all white husky mix?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Niko24
Newborn
Newborn

is my 5 month all white husky mix? Empty
PostSubject: is my 5 month all white husky mix?   is my 5 month all white husky mix? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:01 pm

Hey my name is don and me and my boy niko are new to the forum (pretty cool forum btw!)

ive had my all white husky pup since he was about 9 weeks. we love him to death, so much personality. the local breeder around here had a liter of about 6 husky pups. several all white and the rest were the traditional black/white/greyish. he says their pure breed husky.

the people in our neighborhood love him and he gets compliments all the time. a few people thought he might be mixed malamute or an alaskan samoyed...after googling some pics i could kinda see where they could think that.

hes about 45 lbs already at 5 months...hes a lot bigger than most huskier we see at dog parks or petco but hes not quite as tall...idk heres a few pics..opinions?

is my 5 month all white husky mix? IMG_3577_zps00704f09

is my 5 month all white husky mix? IMG_3257_zps2a3a572b

is my 5 month all white husky mix? IMG_3285_zps3751b34c

is my 5 month all white husky mix? IMG_3265_zpsdff08d5a
Back to top Go down
ramoscl
Teenager
Teenager
ramoscl

Female Join date : 2012-09-06

PostSubject: Re: is my 5 month all white husky mix?   is my 5 month all white husky mix? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:37 pm

I'm no expert but aside from color yours looks pretty much the same as Dakota, my 11 month old husky who weighs 40 lbs lol It could just be that yours is putting on the weight early and will balance out later, or could just be in his genes to be a biggun Smile My new 4 month old husky is already 18 lbs with paws bigger than Dakota's so i expect he'll be bigger.

If you're really concerned about his weight check out the weigh in thread in the General Discussions. You will see that every husky grows and weighs in differently. Some are smaller and some are huge Smile

Last edited by ramoscl on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling ack :))
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: is my 5 month all white husky mix?   is my 5 month all white husky mix? EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 10:55 pm

My 11 week old husky boy Loki just weighed in a the vet at 20.5 lbs, and like I said he's only 11 weeks! Your dog is gorgeous, love the black nose!
Back to top Go down
Epimetheus
Puppy
Puppy
Epimetheus

PostSubject: Re: is my 5 month all white husky mix?   is my 5 month all white husky mix? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 12:28 am

The pure white thing with the fluffy tail can't possibly be all Husky. Don't worry, we will graciously volunteer to take him off your hands. Very Happy

You are very fortunate to have a lovely dog like that. The brown eyes give him such a soft look.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: is my 5 month all white husky mix?   is my 5 month all white husky mix? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 12:53 am

I didn't know white huskies could have black noses. Interesting. I thought it was always liver colored.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: is my 5 month all white husky mix?   is my 5 month all white husky mix? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 12:54 am

Epimetheus wrote:
The pure white thing with the fluffy tail can't possibly be all Husky. Don't worry, we will graciously volunteer to take him off your hands. Very Happy

You are very fortunate to have a lovely dog like that. The brown eyes give him such a soft look.

I can't tell from text if you're being serious or joking, but huskies can be all white and have fluffy tails... Could be a white wooly. But he doesn't look like a wooly to me. It's hard to tell but he looks husky to me.

Also I don't think his tail is super fluffy, it's just wagging in the pix and blurred a bit so it looks extra fluffy.
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

PostSubject: Re: is my 5 month all white husky mix?   is my 5 month all white husky mix? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 7:35 am

Sheba&Kennedy wrote:
I didn't know white huskies could have black noses. Interesting. I thought it was always liver colored.

They can have black noses and eye points. It depends on what their base color would have been if there wasn't the gene causing the white.

I think the pup looks all husky.
Back to top Go down
Kodasmom
Puppy
Puppy
Kodasmom

Female Join date : 2013-02-13

PostSubject: Re: is my 5 month all white husky mix?   is my 5 month all white husky mix? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:30 am

He looks just like mine. Mine is 46 lbs at 5 1/2 months. He is more stocky than tall.
Back to top Go down
wpskier222
Senior
Senior
wpskier222

Female Join date : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: is my 5 month all white husky mix?   is my 5 month all white husky mix? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:47 am

Eresh wrote:
Sheba&Kennedy wrote:

They can have black noses and eye points. It depends on what their base color would have been if there wasn't the gene causing the white.

I think the pup looks all husky.

Yes I agree on looking full husky. From what I understand the gene responsible for white huskies, is actually a dilution factor. So a white husky with black points is just a black & white fully diluted. A white husky with liver points is a red & white fully diluted. That's probably way over simplifying, but that's just my basic understanding. Smile He's really cute!
Back to top Go down
kkaylor
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2013-04-13

PostSubject: Re: is my 5 month all white husky mix?   is my 5 month all white husky mix? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 10:14 am

My 5 month old just checked in at 37lbs yesterday at the vet. The all white is very cute, you're dog is beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: is my 5 month all white husky mix?   is my 5 month all white husky mix? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 10:23 am

He looks full husky to me too.
Back to top Go down
Wy Renegade
Puppy
Puppy
Wy Renegade

PostSubject: Re: is my 5 month all white husky mix?   is my 5 month all white husky mix? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 11:14 am

Hey Don,

Welcome to the forum and nice looking puppy!

All white Siberians have actually been around since the breed was first established as such in the U.S. while they were for awhile considered to be a nonstandard color for many years amongst the show dog portion of the breed, from what I understand they have always been present in the sled dog portion of the breed. So it is quite possible that he is 100% Siberian. There is some speculation amongst some that at least some of the white Siberians that we are seeing today are the result of crossbreeding with white German shepards, but I have no idea on the validity of that particular view point. Probably the only way to now for sure would be to have a DNA test done, but does it really matter? The only way it might is if you are planning to breed at some point, beyond that, so long as you him and are happy with him, that is all that really matters IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is my 5 month all white husky mix?   is my 5 month all white husky mix? Empty

Back to top Go down

is my 5 month all white husky mix?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1