It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Meet my Mika Boy!:)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JaylaT
Newborn
Newborn
JaylaT

Female Join date : 2010-07-17

Meet my Mika Boy!:) Empty
PostSubject: Meet my Mika Boy!:)   Meet my Mika Boy!:) EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 12:29 am

Mika!!!
[img]Meet my Mika Boy!:) 3n53p013[/img]
picture from his previous owner wondering if he will turn darker like this? Right now he is blowing his coat he is an orange color hoping he turns dark for the winter, what do you guys think?
[img]Meet my Mika Boy!:) 38352_12[/img]
this was taken last night I think he is def. lighter in this one.He is such a pretty boy though!Smile
lol hope I did this right...
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Meet my Mika Boy!:)   Meet my Mika Boy!:) EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 2:13 pm

Last edited by Here4thePics on Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Meet my Mika Boy!:)   Meet my Mika Boy!:) EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 2:43 pm

I love his little face Smile

Here4thePics is right Smile Husky colors often change with the season. Sometimes they're darker in the winter, sometimes lighter, etc.

Meet my Mika Boy!:) Hailey10
Back to top Go down
JaylaT
Newborn
Newborn
JaylaT

PostSubject: Re: Meet my Mika Boy!:)   Meet my Mika Boy!:) EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 5:31 pm

Here4thepics- Thanks and he really is a good sweet boy! He is very eager to please and loves to learn surprisingly he is doing really well with house training, he is such a lovable and playful boy:) I swear I fall in love with him more with every tummy rub:) I don't think I'll ever own another breed of dog he is the best! and I really hope he turns darker and his face fluffs up lol everyone thinks he's looks like a fox.lol
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Meet my Mika Boy!:)   Meet my Mika Boy!:) EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 9:55 pm

Welcome!!!
it is so funny you want him darker! our girl Sierra is darker in the winter and gets lighter in the summer. our boy Jack stays dark brown all year long. i just love the brown and white huskies! we will also never own another breed!

Newborn
Newborn
JaylaT

PostSubject: Re: Meet my Mika Boy!:)   Meet my Mika Boy!:) EmptySun Jul 18, 2010 10:02 pm

lol Thank you. your babies are very pretty! Why is it funny that I want him to darken up?lol I just want him to match his ears and the top of his head.lol it goes from dark reddish-brown to orange!haha
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Meet my Mika Boy!:)   Meet my Mika Boy!:) EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 2:03 pm

Heh, my guy is starting to get red within his black. Really strange looking in the direct sun. If Mika's coat was as neglected as Ridik's, he might go through a complete color shift. It would be fun to get a time lapse of the colors through the years. Seems that they're always changing and shifting. Eventually the color combo you want will show up, then the next season you might not ever see it again. Crazy dogs.
Back to top Go down
JaylaT
Newborn
Newborn
JaylaT

PostSubject: Re: Meet my Mika Boy!:)   Meet my Mika Boy!:) EmptyMon Jul 19, 2010 7:44 pm

lol the first pic of him and the one I took looks like two different dogs!lol but I love him:)
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

Female Join date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Meet my Mika Boy!:)   Meet my Mika Boy!:) EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 1:35 pm

Mika was dark with orange tones when we got her. Lightened up before blowing last month, now it's back to the dark. You sure do have an alert boy there. Looks very eager! He's beautiful! Of course, don't think I met a husky that was ugly!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
JaylaT
Newborn
Newborn
JaylaT

PostSubject: Re: Meet my Mika Boy!:)   Meet my Mika Boy!:) EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 3:09 pm

Thanks! he is very alert I can snap my fingers and he's at my feet.lol He is so eager to please! He isnt a very big talker though, I haven't gotten to experience the husky language yet.Sad just the occasional sigh with a yawn. Btw your mika girl is sooo pretty and happy looking. lol its funny we both have reds named mika!
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

PostSubject: Re: Meet my Mika Boy!:)   Meet my Mika Boy!:) EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 8:10 pm

Thanks. I posted pics showing the difference from when we apoted Mika to now. She was so very skinny, but not anymore! As for the talking, Nanuk wasn't a talker at all, then we brought Isis home, and she is ALWAYS talking, which means now Nanuk knows how to use his voice. They all try to harmonize, but it is nothing but a cacophony of sound that can hurts your ears! Shocked
Yes it is ironic that both pour reds are named Mika. I think the definition I saw meant "God's Child" or something to that effect.
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Meet my Mika Boy!:)   Meet my Mika Boy!:) EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:48 pm

New adoptions don't usually show their true colors right away. For months Koda was quiet. Now you can't shut him up Smile We got Hailey in February, and she is just NOW starting to talk Smile He'll open up eventually!

Back to top Go down
JaylaT
Newborn
Newborn
JaylaT

PostSubject: Re: Meet my Mika Boy!:)   Meet my Mika Boy!:) EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:53 pm

I hope so!lol Im taking his stinky butt to get groomed in the morning, lol its funny how much his coat has changed since I took that profile pic. I'll have to udate:)
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

PostSubject: Re: Meet my Mika Boy!:)   Meet my Mika Boy!:) EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 8:49 pm

UPDATE! UPDATE!
Back to top Go down
JaylaT
Newborn
Newborn
JaylaT

PostSubject: Re: Meet my Mika Boy!:)   Meet my Mika Boy!:) EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 4:13 pm

My BIG lap dog, I swear he thinks he's a shitzu!lolMeet my Mika Boy!:) Mika_412
Meet my Mika Boy!:) Mika512Meet my Mika Boy!:) Mika_311Meet my Mika Boy!:) Mika_112
CHEEEEEESE!Meet my Mika Boy!:) Mika_212
AND some of my cutie! Smile
Meet my Mika Boy!:) Lacey_12Meet my Mika Boy!:) Lacey_13Meet my Mika Boy!:) Lacey111

lol fixed kinda...haha

Last edited by JaylaT on Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JaylaT
Newborn
Newborn
JaylaT

PostSubject: Re: Meet my Mika Boy!:)   Meet my Mika Boy!:) EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 4:14 pm

aw crap! it didnt work!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Meet my Mika Boy!:)   Meet my Mika Boy!:) EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 6:09 pm

he is just so cute! i love how light he is. i love the one of him laying in front of the door

Newborn
Newborn
JaylaT

PostSubject: Re: Meet my Mika Boy!:)   Meet my Mika Boy!:) EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 6:31 pm

thank you!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: Meet my Mika Boy!:)   Meet my Mika Boy!:) EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 9:44 am

Your kids (fur and human) are gorgeous! I love them!

Back to top Go down
JaylaT
Newborn
Newborn
JaylaT

PostSubject: Re: Meet my Mika Boy!:)   Meet my Mika Boy!:) EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 11:14 am

Thanks!! Smile your furbabies are gorgeous also! Omgsh there was an 8 mth old Siberian husky brown and white with blue that a military family was giving away I just wanted to take him so bad.lol when my kids grow up and move away Im gonna be the crazy dog lady.lol
Back to top Go down
Dustin Sprunger
Newborn
Newborn
Dustin Sprunger

Male Join date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Meet my Mika Boy!:)   Meet my Mika Boy!:) EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 12:20 am

what a pretty dog!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet my Mika Boy!:)   Meet my Mika Boy!:) Empty

Back to top Go down

Meet my Mika Boy!:)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1