It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Toy surgery?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

Toy surgery?  Empty
PostSubject: Toy surgery?    Toy surgery?  EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 11:28 pm

I just want to see how many people out there other then my mom and me fix our dogs toys from all the small battle wounds. normally if Loki tears a small hole in one of his toys and I take it away and put it on the fix pile until I get 2 or 3 toys that need " surgery". This is something I picked up from my mom since she has been doing it since I was a kid. My fiance says I'm a weirdo and being a cheap Asian. Does anyone else do this? I'm not talking about tearing the head off sewing back on just small holes fixes.
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

Toy surgery?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy surgery?    Toy surgery?  EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 11:53 pm

Honestly, wiith Soshanna's serious obsession with destroying things, we've stopped getting toys made out of any kind of fabric. You may wind up in the same boat.
Back to top Go down
Myndi
Teenager
Teenager
Myndi

Female Join date : 2012-01-15

Toy surgery?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy surgery?    Toy surgery?  EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 12:51 am

I do surgeries too. Ava has this one toy - a little pink pig that's part tennis ball - and she looooves it. I've had to do a few little surgeries on him because she just plays with it so much. She's not destructive or anything, she just has her favorite toys and they're getting old. The little pig was the first toy that I ever bought her almost 4 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Clm
Teenager
Teenager
Clm

Male Join date : 2012-11-22

Toy surgery?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy surgery?    Toy surgery?  EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 2:36 am

i dont do it with all toys, just one toy. blu's raccoon has his share of battle scars. i only repair ti for him when he takes the head or the tail off or pulls out the stuffing... i simply put the stuffing back in, and sew back on whatever apendage was torn off and give it back to him... and it's like his little buddie is back to life again, and the fun and games start all over again. any other toy once it's destroyed thats it i just trash it.... some i'll keep around because they make good tug of war toys for a bit... but they eventually get thrown out once they get to a certain point.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

Toy surgery?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy surgery?    Toy surgery?  EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:11 am

I do it. Korra's favorite toy, Blue Llama, has many, many battle scars. It's actually now been repaired several times in small spots. It's also been completely tipped open, had a new white llama made in the same shape, and had its blue skin (fluff?) sewn back over that... The things I do for this puppy lol. It's the toy she doesn't go to bed without though, the others just get replaced. I even have pictures of the surgery, actually... It was quite traumatic for the little guy.
Back to top Go down
APIRRING
Newborn
Newborn

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

Toy surgery?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy surgery?    Toy surgery?  EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:28 am

Cal has a monkey and I have stitched up the stomach a few times... Usually once every 10 days, it is where two different fabrics are stitched together.
Back to top Go down
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

Toy surgery?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy surgery?    Toy surgery?  EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 11:58 am

I performed surgery on Howard the Duck many many times before we had to declare him legally dead.
I refuse to do it on the 6 squeak toys.........lol
Back to top Go down
calliegirl08
Teenager
Teenager
calliegirl08

Female Join date : 2012-09-05

Toy surgery?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy surgery?    Toy surgery?  EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 2:04 pm

I've had to do surgery on the pink sock monkey. But her favoritism for that has been replaced by a love for her blue dragon dinosaur thing. Which so far, hasn't needed surgery.
Back to top Go down
Crispin
Newborn
Newborn
Crispin

Male Join date : 2013-01-15

Toy surgery?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy surgery?    Toy surgery?  EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 5:14 pm

We stitch up any toy worth salvaging, even if the head got full-on ripped-off.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

Toy surgery?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy surgery?    Toy surgery?  EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 5:31 pm

Yes definitely have done surgery here too, and have also stopped buying fabric toys, both destroy them way to fast!
Back to top Go down
uelrindru
Puppy
Puppy
uelrindru

Male Join date : 2012-12-05

Toy surgery?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy surgery?    Toy surgery?  EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 9:43 pm

I'm not skilled enough to perform surgery. Once Bella "kills" a toy she stops caring about it so there would really be much of a point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Toy surgery?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toy surgery?    Toy surgery?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Toy surgery?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1