It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Husky ignoring my husband

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kimbolini
Newborn
Newborn

Husky ignoring my husband Empty
PostSubject: Husky ignoring my husband   Husky ignoring my husband EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 4:59 pm

i've been reading a few topics and googled on this subject, but could not find too much information.

Our husky is 13 weeks now, we've had her since she was 8 weeks old.
Most of the day she is spending with me, travelling, walking etc. Basicly she is next too me 24 hours a day, except from the part that every other day i leave her at my mother in laws house to play over there with her dogs for +/- 2 hours.

My husband did most of the training with her and while doing training and when they are alone she is listening to him. He teached her everything (i didn't train her, just repeated stuff he already teached her).
Now the problem is that whenever I am around she is simply ignoring him, she even seems a little bit afraid of him.
Whenever he calls her, she does not come.

Everyday he takes her once for a walk, just like now. He called her she didn't want to come to him, and he kept on calling her while she was lying down, instead of going to him she came slowly towards me and was sitting next to me just looking at him, and looking at me. Eventually he played a little bit with her and put her lease on.
While when I am going outside she is immediatly following me. The thing is not that she's not spending enough time with him, because he is really trying and giving her attention.
We are both getting a little bit frustrated and will be trying the "ignoring" thing tomorow, but if someone else has some suggestions I would be more than happy to hear!

Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Husky ignoring my husband   Husky ignoring my husband EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 5:18 pm

It's very common for puppies to be skiddish around men; they are bigger and have stronger personalities than most women. It's something that she may grow out of. Just keep up with the positive associations with your husband; him getting down on all fours and playing around with toys will definitely help. My kale was skidding around my dad when he was little, but with prolonged exposure and positive interactions, he learned that my dad was a gentle guy that was full of love and fun Very Happy I don't think ignoring is the way to go. Just have your husband and your pup have alone time, with playing and fun with training (like he has been). It may be a long process, but it will work. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
calliegirl08
Teenager
Teenager
calliegirl08

Female Join date : 2012-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Husky ignoring my husband   Husky ignoring my husband EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 5:58 pm

I'm with Brooke, but I'm also going to say to be careful of letting her get too attached to you. You sai she's next to you nearly 24 hours a day but be careful that she doesn't develop separation anxiety. Puppies can sometimes bond with one person specifically and when they're separated from that person, it causes stress. I ignored the warning signs while my girl was still young, and now that we've moved and there's a bunch of changes, her anxiety is a million times worse. It's become a hazard to her health. I'm not saying to ignore her, just maybe once a day, go into a different room than her and close the door. Keep her out, have your husband play with her. See how she handles that. Even if it's running to the grocery store or something, just make sure the husband shows her that you not being around can still be a positive experience by playing and giving treats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Husky ignoring my husband   Husky ignoring my husband Empty

Back to top Go down

Husky ignoring my husband

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1