It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 10:56 pm

Here is my second blog post- you can check me out on kelseyrdixon.blogspot.com.

New Year New You!!..or maybe not??

Happy New Years everyone!! What are some of your resolutions this year?? For me, it is to be more consistent in my own health and fitness, grow my team, and help my customers achieve more then they had in the previous year.

I could look up the statistics, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that like, 85% of resolutions will be fitness/health geared. I know the amount of people who stay consistent to those resolutions is astronomically low; think 7-8%. Is that not sad?? Now I don't mean sad in the "pathetic" sad; I mean down right heart breaking. Why do these people fail?? Do they not have anyone rooting for them? Were they really not that serious when they made those resolutions? Or do they just not know how to go about it?

For those of you who are wanting to start out a fitness or health journey in 2014; find someone with a like-mind!! Find someone else who is wanting to change their life like you!! Maybe you don't know anyone in the same direct circle as you; that is fine!! Reach out on social media (Facebook, Twitter..) and just say, "Hey, I'm ready to start on a health and fitness journey, who wants to join me as an accountability partner?". Don't be afraid to open yourself up and be vulnerable because you never know who you won't find by staying in your comfort zone.

If you feel you have no one rooting for you, if you feel like you need a cheerleader; BE YOUR OWN CHEERLEADER! Yes, it is amazing to have someone in your corner, but don't let the lack thereof hold you back. When you rise above people who don't believe in you, those people who tell you it can't be done..you will get a lot more then a health life. You will receive RESPECT from those people and those people will look to you because of your own success and determination. Trust me when I tell you that a lot of people start out on their journey's by themselves.

If you said to yourself, "Yeah, I'll workout more and eat better". Did you really mean it? If not, why would you say it? Don't waste your time and energy on something you don't believe in. If you really want to change, but feel you lack the motivation to be serious; you need to dig into your inner self and figure out your why. Why do you want to change? Why do you want to get healthier? For your kids? Your own health problems? To keep up with your dogs? To do things your family never could? Whatever your reason is.. you need to live and breathe your why!! You will never succeed if you don't have a strong why. Maybe your why isn't strong now, and if it's not, MAKE IT STRONG!

Anyone and everyone can succeed in changing their life and fitness. People feel that there is some "secret: to becoming ripped, or skinny, or whatever. The only secret is that there is no secret. There is no magic pill, no magic shake, no magic wraps. The only thing you can 100% count on is dedication and hard work. Don't be afraid of the battle. It will be hard, and you will want to quit. But don't quit. You will never see what you are capable of if you quit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 10:33 pm

New blog post--- Why I hate high school proms!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT DID I JUST SAY?!?!

Yes, you heard me. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED prom!! I loved everything about it! I loved getting dressed up, I love spending the night dancing, and I loved being with my friends. However, I feel as though there is a dark side to prom that needs to be revealed. Don't get me wrong, not every high school girl goes through these things, but I'm willing to bet a lot do.

So to set the scene; it's your junior year and you are getting ready for your first prom EVER. So many different thoughts are running through your head the closer prom season approaches. Who will be your date? What dress are you going to wear? Where will you get your dress? How do you make sure no one else gets the same dress? Who's going to do your hair? Your make up? What will the weather be like that day, because you certainly don't want it to be cold or raining! Where will you get your mani/pedi done at? Will you have time between school, sports, and who knows what else?

But the one major thing that runs through almost every girls head is will I look good in my dress.

You see, society has plastered and thrown in our faces how a "hot" body should look. The media is telling us if you are not a size 0 with huge boobs, a smokin' butt, and a flat tummy; you are not good looking. You may be shaking your head and saying to yourself, "Nope, not my daughter!!". But tell me this, do you truly know that?? Do you truly know your daughter isn't breaking herself down the closer prom gets?

Let me tell you what pre-prom season looked like back in my day. Girls would start eating salads (which hey, we should have been doing more of that anyway), skipping meals, training harder in sports practices (which again, isn't a completely bad thing), they would be looking at pictures of dresses online where all of the models are size 0s. You would see girls eating protein bars or granola bars instead of breakfast and dinner. I know myself and my friends did this. However, we took it a "step further" which I'm sure is becoming a bigger deal then most of us know.

I talking about diet pills. I was a size 4 in high school and I was taking diet pills. My mother had no idea, only my closest friend who was taking them with me. We lived off Special K bars and trained harder then ever before during soccer season. Now the question is, what pills were we taking and why. Well, I was taking two at the time. I was taking Mega-T Green Tea pills and I was taking Jillian Michaels Maximum Strength Fat Burner. Tell me why a 17 year old girl was even allowed to buy these pills in the first place! We had no idea what these pills could do to our bodies; all we cared about was looking good in our prom dresses.

I can almost promise you that these kinds of things happen a lot more frequently then people like to think. It's really, really sad actually. Prom should be about having FUN with your friends, not about how you will look in your dress and how to get skinny fast.

So, who's to blame? This is one of those things sole blame cannot be placed. What can we do to prevent girls from destroying their self-image and hurt themselves for a night of fun? This will take a long time to change. Even elementary children are being bullied for their bodies! It's horrific. The question is- what can we do? Start when they are young. Teach tolerance to not only others, but to themselves. Kids, teens, young adults; everyone needs to learn to love and accept themselves and their bodies. We need to learn not to not pick ourselves and we need to stop trashing ourselves.

Prom should be one of the most memorable nights of a gals high school career; not a night girls stress about how their body will look in a dang dress. Things need to change, and the sooner the better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 06, 2014 12:06 am

Interesting post.

Lol, I never even bothered to go to prom. It was never my thing and I was never interested in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2