It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
goaliechick41
Teenager
Teenager
goaliechick41

Female Join date : 2012-12-28

Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook Empty
PostSubject: Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook   Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 4:23 am

We pick up our newest addition to the family on Friday morning; 1/18/13.
Her name is a pre-pickup brainstorm and is subject to change at any time. Smile

Parents
Sire

Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook IMG956255
Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook 2013-01-05_21-56-52

Dam

Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook 21647_558499950833316_13602835_n
Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook IMG951973

3 weeks
Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook IMG953243

Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook IMG957726

4 weeks

Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook IMG951898

5 weeks

Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook IMG955299

Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook IMG955001

Last edited by goaliechick41 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
goaliechick41
Teenager
Teenager
goaliechick41

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook   Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:40 am

Picked up little girl today. She sure is a reserved cuddly thing! Reminds me of my Dachshund when I first brought him home. But he was a little more outgoing.

Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook IMAG1728

Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook IMAG1724

Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook IMAG1739

Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook IMAG1741

Will write more once I've had her for more than a few hours...
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook   Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:47 am

Aww, she's a cutie Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dragonfly
Puppy
Puppy
Dragonfly

Female Join date : 2013-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook   Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 6:10 am

Awwwahh!!! She is so cuute!
Back to top Go down
goaliechick41
Teenager
Teenager
goaliechick41

PostSubject: Update: 1/21/2013   Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 5:19 am

Ok. Having had my pretty little girl over the weekend, let me write a little about her.

She is this increasingly odd yellow-orange color. She was born white. LOTS of reds and whites in the pedigrees on both sides. One blue eye, one green eye with a spot of blue on it.

She is a SWEETHEART. I alread dread when she becomes a teen. She slept on my lap with my Dachshund (Baxter) the first night home. Little fuzzball didn't get up all night. She gets along great with my two little dogs. Her and Baxter play and roll around and tug of war with each other and bark at each other stealing the other's toys. My house has been filled with adorable little yipes and rurrrrs and yip yips all weekend. She even sang for me a little bit on the car ride home. I have video of it, I'll see if I can figure out how to post it.

I brought her home, and she drank and drank and drank....and peed and peed and peed. I found an interesting lime green discharge on her vulva, and I called the breeder. I'm taking her into the vet first thing in the morning, and the breeder said he would cover the bill is something is wrong (of course there is...lime green is not normal). Over the weekend, her tummy seems to have settled a little. She looked fat and bloated when I picked her up. I've started her on BBW with a spoonful of yogurt, a couple cranberries, and Apple Cider Vinegar in her water to try to help her urinary tract flush out bacteria. With all the piddling and water gulping, forum members helped me to think she has a UTI instead of Vaginitis. We shall find out at 8am.

Little puppers has been dubbed "Ahsoka". Trying to tweak her registered name to match.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook   Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 6:23 am

Ahsoka makes me think of Asuka, though they are said completely different I'm sure, haha (Asuka is Ah-ska). One of the many names I ran by my husband for Rogue and got a big no on!
She is very cute, I hope her infection clears up.
Back to top Go down
goaliechick41
Teenager
Teenager
goaliechick41

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook   Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 7:11 am

Is that a Japanese name? It's pretty. But I LOVE the name Rogue. I'm a big nerd and I love Rogue from X-Men...
And yea, this one is "Aw-sew-ka". Smile

More pics!

Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook IMAG1754-1

Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook IMAG1749-1

Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook IMAG1759

Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook IMAG1747

Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook IMAG1744

She sure sleeps a lot! Smile
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook   Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 7:23 am

Aw! She really is orange! Cute haha I love you Glad to know she got an appointment, let us know how it goes Smile
I love the picture of everyone sleeping together.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook   Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 12:19 pm

Yep it's a Japanese name! I speak it fluently but it's a character I love from a manga/anime. Smile Rogue is my favorite character and we are huge X-Men fans, own all the comics to date haha. All the names for the most part I tried were from comics or video games. The only ones with a chance of winning were the American ones.

Koda's one sibling was a similar color. Wish I was in contact with them so I could see the mature coat. Dad was gray and white, mom was red.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook   Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 2:32 pm

Aww, i love her orange color!
Back to top Go down
goaliechick41
Teenager
Teenager
goaliechick41

PostSubject: 1/21/13   Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 8:11 am

My poor little girl got caught between my son's breakfast and Dexter the big mean jerk dog. Sad The vet shaved it and it is WAY bigger than I initially thought it was. Poor baby...I have to clean it, make sure it stays open, and gently squeeze it to promote drainage. Sad Sad

Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook IMAG1771

On the other hand, cooking anything has now become difficult...My feet seem to be stuck... And seriously, I was just toasting a toaster strudel. Not like I was there for an hour.

Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook IMAG1769
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook   Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 8:33 am

Owie Sad This poor girl can't seem to catch a break

Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook   Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 11:35 am

Awwwww, I hope she recovers quickly. I love her orange color; it makes me think of peaches-n-cream ice cream.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook   Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 12:45 pm

Poor girl Sad Get better soon puppy.
Back to top Go down
goaliechick41
Teenager
Teenager
goaliechick41

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook   Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook EmptyMon Jan 28, 2013 6:23 am

So Ahsoka is feeling better. At least as far as I can tell...

Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook IMAG1835-1

Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook IMAG1842-1

Poopy puppy bath time!!!
Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook IMAG1834-1-1

Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook IMAG1830

Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook IMAG1828
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook   Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook Empty

Back to top Go down

Ahsoka Tano's Scrapbook